Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shan's Stygian Shack of Shenanigans (Lair Thread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

I'd like to think so anyway

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

You are. How are you feeling now?

Lots of pain tonight. Watching Netflix and chilling to pass the time. How about you?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Work, tunes and tea.

Not too bad

• Advertisement

Must check rain radar to see how i'm fixed for outdoors

What ya watching on netflix?

Must check rain radar to see how i'm fixed for outdoors

What ya watching on netflix?

New series of Big Mouth. Hope I don't have to go outside tomorrow if it's raining. Not sure I'll be able to get my steps in.

Are you on the road tomorrow?.

Thankfully not. I had a good day going to Galway today though in fairness even though I was in a lot pain to walk.

:( Same here lately, mobility very up and down.. Ah well, still going.

• Advertisement

Lots of talk about wheelchairs this week for me unfortunately :(

Lovely.. Don't know what's next up for me.. Lot of head scratching going on..

Indeed. The future is an uncertainty.

Hell yeah, the one thing i try to do most is not let my mind wander too far ahead or behind

Yeah the advice I follow is to go one day at a time. At most the end of the month is as far as I plan. After that the future is incredibly vague.

Planning some things i don't mind i guess, i try not to let me get in to 'what if' mode..There be danger.. Grem goes off down the black hole of anxiety

I'm exactly the same. Been doing better the past few days to not worry like that.

It's damn hard to keep at it, i lose my way frequently and find myself spiralling but i'm trying to learn how to catch myself..

Yeah I lose my mind on regular occasions

I like to think i've settled a bit but i still get wobbles

• Advertisement

Hopefully it's something I'll get better st dealing with as I get wise and mature like you.

*blushes* Ah you're a clever one. You'll be ok..

Sometimes i fear that's a bad thing. Only makes the overthinking worse.

That's a whole other argument, bit philosophical, would being ignorant be more blissful?. I think you are going to have some amazing conversations with people when you hit college.

Ignorance is so much better. When they told me things about pain and the future when i was younger i didn't know what it meant and it didn't bother me. No i know how bad things are going to be bad so I'd prefer to still be ignorant.

Conversations about what?

Things like the advantages of ignorance in certain situations

True. I like to apply my experiences to debates. We do them a lot in religion and I enjoy them.

Nice, it's good to give that part of the brain a run out sometimes.

I think so. It's nice to also have have conversations with people who you can just talk to easily. I'd say I'd be able to talk like that with a few people from Boards.

• Advertisement

Yeah there's such a variety of people here and then certain places people kinda gather and gravitate

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement