Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shan's Stygian Shack of Shenanigans (Lair Thread)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Rubecula wrote: »
    boardsies are you lot grem p'nawn da is welsh for good afternoon. :)

I dunno the irish for it you see

Ah I didn't know the Welsh bit. How are you this fine miserable evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

wet sore and can't be @rsed grem hows you?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Rubecula wrote: »
    wet sore and can't be @rsed grem hows you?

That's three of us!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Gosh, snap Shpud, not even gone to work yet.

How are you finding this weather?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

I opened the curtains and there it was.

• Advertisement

Shpud2 wrote: »
    How are you finding this weather?

Bit rough on the pain, plus I'm out on and off during work but ok mostly..

Not too bad. I can't tell if I'm bad anyway or if the weather is exasperating things but I'm really not well this evening

Not too bad. I can't tell if I'm bad anyway or if the weather is exasperating things but I'm really not well this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

That's three of us!.

That's four of us! Although once I've got a few gins in me I'll be alright :p

Kitty6277 wrote: »

I was sorely tempted to throw some whiskey in the lemsip :pac:

• Advertisement

You going out tonight Kitty?

I was sorely tempted to throw some whiskey in the lemsip :pac:

Worth a shot :p
    You going out tonight Kitty?

I am indeed Shpud

Oh what's the plans Kitty?

Worth a shot :p

I am indeed Shpud

Enjoy it Kitty. I'm enjoying my cider at home tonight. Got kicked out of the pub last night.

Oh what's the plans Kitty?

There's a club night in the o2 on a Saturday that's meant to be very good, so we're gonna head to that and see what it's like :)
    Enjoy it Kitty. I'm enjoying my cider at home tonight. Got kicked out of the pub last night.

Nice one Shpud, chill drinks are always good :) oh my god, what happened?

Oh shenanigans Shpud ;) sod it, happened plenty of us..

You have an O2 there Kitty?

oh my god, what happened?

Me and my friend were just chilling in the pub drinking our pints and talking quietly and the owner came over and told us to "get up and get out. This isn't a place for relaxing this is a public house". Pissed me right off cause we did nothing wrong.

Oh shenanigans Shpud ;) sod it, happened plenty of us..

You have an O2 there Kitty?

We do, not sure how big it is though

Me and my friend were just chilling in the pub drinking our pints and talking quietly and the owner came over and told us to "get up and get out. This isn't a place for relaxing this is a public house". Pissed me right off cause we did nothing wrong.

...isn't that what pubs are for? Relaxing and drinking? :confused:

Crap happens like that sometimes Shpud. Let it roll off you.

• Advertisement

...isn't that what pubs are for? Relaxing and drinking? :confused:

Exactly. And it's not like we were just sitting there not buying anything because we both had pints in front of us, we weren't drunk and it was only 12 o clock so he wasn't closing. He let the other people there stay.

Crap happens like that sometimes Shpud. Let it roll off you.

We mentioned it in the village group chat and none of the young people will be going there anymore. My parents said the owner was probably drunk because he's like that but it still irks me

It's a thing that happens in small towns sometimes, might find a publican who really just wants their buddies in the place because they are winding down, or they have ideas in their heads about young folk..

Exactly. And it's not like we were just sitting there not buying anything because we both had pints in front of us, we weren't drunk and it was only 12 o clock so he wasn't closing. He let the other people there stay.

That really doesn't make any sense at all. But as Grem said, just let it roll off and move on

It's a thing that happens in small towns sometimes, might find a publican who really just wants their buddies in the place because they are winding down, or they have ideas in their heads about young folk..

There were American tourists there that weren't asked to leave and there's been times me and my friend have stayed in that pub until about half one drinking. The only other two peope there were old fellas who knew us and were going to buy us drinks before we were asked to leave.

We mentioned it in the village group chat and none of the young people will be going there anymore. My parents said the owner was probably drunk because he's like that but it still irks me

Ah yeah, was typing when you posted this, does sound like the type of thing i described

There were American tourists there that weren't asked to leave and there's been times me and my friend have stayed in that pub until about half one drinking. The only other two peope there were old fellas who knew us and were going to buy us drinks before we were asked to leave.

Sounds like a small town/village thing to happen, bit like Grem said

We had a lad running a pub that would go from buying all your drinks one evening to roaring at you before you got in the door another.

Ah what can you do. We're going to a different pub next week where there's a friend's 18th which should be good.

• Advertisement

Doin the exact right thing there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement