Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shan's Stygian Shack of Shenanigans (Lair Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I had read about the history of the place too, apparently the patients there were treated awfully, which for some strange reason, added to my intrigue about the place.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

The history kind of creates the atmosphere, like when i visited a few places, say Leap or Portumna castles. Also worked in St. Bridgids for a while as it was being/after it closed..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭zetalambda

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    There was a place in Cork that I used to be slightly obsessed with, a boarded up old mental hospital. It used to scare the sh*t out of me at the same time though :o

Was that the red brick place on the northside not too far from Apple down the hill towards Sunday's well?

Or RavensCourt on the southside near the golf course across from Silverdale?

zetalambda wrote: »
    Was that the red brick place on the northside not too far from Apple down the hill towards Sunday's well?

Or RavensCourt on the southside near the golf course across from Silverdale?

First one, don't think I'm familiar with the other place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭zetalambda

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    First one, don't think I'm familiar with the other place

I did night security there about 20 years ago when it was empty. Spooky place. Had to do an hourly patrol around the building. Did it once the first evening I was there. Long narrow hallway with all these little rooms off to the side with little glass windows to observe from outside and all the cells had camera surveillance and padded walls. After that first night I just locked myself in the office all night every night until it was bright next morning. :)

• Advertisement

zetalambda wrote: »
    I did night security there about 20 years ago when it was empty. Spooky place. Had to do an hourly patrol around the building. Did it once the first evening I was there. Long narrow hallway with all these little rooms off to the side with little glass windows to observe from outside and all the cells had camera surveillance and padded walls. After that first night I just locked myself in the office all night every night until it was bright next morning. :)

I'd love to go in and wander around, but I'd be far too much of a wimp! Be afraid of anyone dodgy who could be hanging around, and kinda of the place itself, walked around the grounds once or twice and always got a weird feeling about the place. Not sure how much of it is left now after that fire last year (think it was last year anyway)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Access to sites can be difficult, boarded up etc. I spend hours looking at them sites. Old hospitals, mansions, cottages, factories i just find it fascinating

Makes a drone a useful tool when you can't get access

Over an hour of photo uploading and only 2/3 of the way through. Why do I shoot in such high quaility and do this too myself?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Can it not be set to auto upload then you work on them?.

It can but i just want to give them a quick look over. Gonna put away my phone anyway now and let the laptop work away in the background and try and get some sleep

• Advertisement

Night. Sleep well..

Progress report: still not asleep.

Screens are a killer.. Hope you get some rest at least.

Not even near them. Phone was off and laptop is put away. I think its more the sky outside getting brighter more than anything

Some people (me anyway) Need more than an hour to fall asleep

I'm the same it takes a lot to put me to sleep. But after over 48 hours of staying awake i don't really feel that tired

You sound like someone who worked all race week!!

I do but really I've just spent most of the time in the bar :D

Was not a pub type weekend here..

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Hope you manage a restful sleep. Did you try putting a container of water in front of the fan? No idea if it work but it came up a lot when we were baking over here..
    I got about six hours but I was tossing and turning a bit. I might try that water thing.

• Advertisement

I don't sleep much during my work week at all, kinda glad I don't do Mon to Fri thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Afternoon Nocs!

Mozz somehow managed to get a bank holiday Monday off :D Don't how or why that happened but I won't complain :D

Afternoon Mozzie

Afternoon Mozzie

How are things Shpud?

Ah not the best. Been in a pissy mood all day. How about you?

Well Mozz, long time no chat :)

Shpud2 wrote: »
    Ah not the best. Been in a pissy mood all day. How about you?

Not too bad. Keeping busy with chores and what not. Thought I might get to spend the day with OH but he's running and racing all day. Eh, I don't mind really. I get he house cleaned quicker when he isn't here. Other than that I am all right.

Here's hoping your all right! :)
    Well Mozz, long time no chat :)

I know Grem! I am basically impossible to keep track of these days :pac: Said I'd jump onto boards today and see how ye are getting on :) How are things with ya?

Mozzeltoff wrote: »
    Afternoon Nocs!

Mozz somehow managed to get a bank holiday Monday off :D Don't how or why that happened but I won't complain :D

Hey Mozz, hope you're enjoying the day off! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Mozzeltoff wrote: »
    Afternoon Nocs!

And, I got called into work. Which led to a stress attack that had me with my head between my knees.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement