Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you kill an intruder if you were guaranteed to get away scot free?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

snowflaker wrote: »
    you approve of Necrophilia???

Hey, whatever turns you on, I'm not going to judge you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Beyondgone wrote: »
    Now I'm no cissy. I'm quite very large, and I've dance the punchy tango with a lot of lads over the years, but the whole "I'd kill them where they stand" makes me lol. Would you? Would you though? .
    Genuinely, I would. I have already knocked lumps out of young lads acting the bollox in the early hours, banging on our windows for no reason. As I have already said, I have a boxc stanley knife beside my bed and would use it.

If someone comes in for the tv or car keys or anything else, I'll be fcuked if I go out 6 days a week to work to pay for everything and watch someone take it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

pablo128 wrote: »
    Genuinely, I would. I have already knocked lumps out of young lads acting the bollox in the early hours, banging on our windows for no reason. As I have already said, I have a boxc stanley knife beside my bed and would use it.

If someone comes in for the tv or car keys or anything else, I'll be fcuked if I go out 6 days a week to work to pay for everything and watch someone take it.

I sincerely hope you never use it, for your sake more than the intruder.

Listen to the wise old man :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Dunno if I'd have it in me to kill to be honest I would rather be at the loss of my possessions than having to live with the fact I took someone's life. That said, there's no doubt in my mind that if I'm ever physically attacked again I wouldn't think twice about leaving their guts on the ground. Nobody will ever get to make me feel unclean in my own body ever again. I don't think I'd even feel a bit remorseful. That's my body though and not possessions that can be replaced

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

people need to remember that dead bodies don't get to tell their side of the story.

shoot to kill then make sure it is obvious that you were under attack

I would like to think that I would have what it takes to pull the trigger. I might not but I hope I would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

100% yes and I'd torture them too if I had some free time on my hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Strong Life in Dublin

Who knew so many Boardsies were armed/killer ninjas? Big burly fcukers coming up the stairs, the Boardsie calmly steps away from the keyboard, takes the magnum out of the side drawer, wastes everyone and goes back to looking at YLYL.

I thought I was being ridiculous with me goose. Now I'm not so sure.

Mostly keyboard warriors, they would proably **** themselfvs if their home was really broken into....myself included :D

I sincerely hope you never use it, for your sake more than the intruder.

Listen to the wise old man :)

Yep no problem. You personally are going to replace my possessions if they get stolen from my property, right? 2 cars, TVs, ipads, and whatever else they can carry while I stand looking at them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

If anyone broke into my house to steal stuff I'd let them, my life is worth more than a tv and a MacBook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

I have ran over the scenario many times. Burglars are opportunists, and will roam an estate looking for an easy target. In other words, they haven't told all their friends and family that they are about to break into Pablo's house.

With that in mind, if I managed to kill an intruder (and believe me I would do my best), I would simply put his carcass into the boot of my car and dump it up the road into a ditch.

Job done and one less burglar.

Lad, I've that much metal under my bed, herself claims it's detracting from her nights sleep. I also know how I react to burglars - the burglars call the cops. But I'm not your normal and I know loads of normal chaps who would say they'd "kill them where they stand!". I always wonder what they'd do if it was me wandering up their stairs. Would they "kill me dead"? Doubtful. I highly doubt most burglars are of the soft persuasion either. Maybe "killing them dead" could prove harder than people imagine?

• Advertisement

Yep no problem. You personally are going to replace my possessions if they get stolen from my property, right? 2 cars, TVs, ipads, and whatever else they can carry while I stand looking at them?

You're life is surely worth more than that? And isn't hand to hand combat very dangerous and risky?

If anyone broke into my house to steal stuff I'd let them, my life is worth more than a tv and a MacBook

What size TV are we talking about here ?

And that's fine, I'm not slating your decision. I would do my best to kill them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

All those things can be replaced, life can't, No matter how scummy it is, no matter how much you hate the bastard, you're still the one taking the only thing that can never be replaced from them, and that's a hell of a burden to carry, believe me. Come back when you've used that box knife on someone and tell us how you feel.

Erik Shin wrote: »

42"

I can't even begin to contemplate taking someone's life.

Lad, I've that much metal under my bed, herself claims it's detracting from her nights sleep. I also know how I react to burglars - the burglars call the cops. But I'm not your normal and I know loads of normal chaps who would say they'd "kill them where they stand!". I always wonder what they'd do if it was me wandering up their stairs. Would they "kill me dead"? Doubtful. I highly doubt most burglars are of the soft persuasion either. Maybe "killing them dead" could prove harder than people imagine?

The first door you come to when you enter my apartment is my 8 year old daughters bedroom. Now what would you expect me to do if I hear my door being broken into? Seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

A local rural fuel station (Cavan Longford border)was robbed about 18 months ago. Couple of likely lads drove up and one sprinted inside, holding a carving knife.
    Unluckily for him, the wee Polish girl had just went on a toilet break, and the boss had stepped in behind the counter for a few minutes.
    Never mind, on with the plan, he demanded the money in the till while waving the knife at the boss.
    Boss reached in under the counter and laid a pick handle across our hero's nose. The second swing got him on the collar bone, breaking it.
    The lad staggered back to the car, and they tore off. They were seen going into their house in the nearby town, leaving a trail of blood. Arrested half an hour later.
    The business owner was so proud of the CCTV footage, he showed anyone with a minute to spare the action replay!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,271 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

I ain't got no TV but, the Woman next door has a 42" Colored Bush

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

42"

Ah you're probably right then....now if it was a 55"... Different story then bah

• Advertisement

The first door you come to when you enter my apartment is my 8 year old daughters bedroom. Now what would you expect me to do if I hear my door being broken into? Seriously?

why is your daughter's room nearest the door?

Feng shui

I ain't got no TV but, the Woman next door has a 42" Colored Bush

Sony Bravia. Bush, hey I pay them to take that junk away...

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    A local rural fuel station (Cavan Longford border)was robbed about 18 months ago. Couple of likely lads drove up and one sprinted inside, holding a carving knife.
    Unluckily for him, the wee Polish girl had just went on a toilet break, and the boss had stepped in behind the counter for a few minutes.
    Never mind, on with the plan, he demanded the money in the till while waving the knife at the boss.
    Boss reached in under the counter and laid a pick handle across our hero's nose. The second swing got him on the collar bone, breaking it.
    The lad staggered back to the car, and they tore off. They were seen going into their house in the nearby town, leaving a trail of blood. Arrested half an hour later.
    The business owner was so proud of the CCTV footage, he showed anyone with a minute to spare the action replay!

link?

I didn't build the place. It has 1 single bedroom and 1 double bedroom. The single bedroom is at the front by the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

Look, I'm with you - I'm going all out ^ tbh, but I'm under no illusions that there are loads, and loads, and loads of people out there who don't care how "all out" you go - they're not even breaking a sweat swatting you. Think on that. We're all men, we think we're tough enough and all that. But there's waay tougher out there. If you're posting on Boards, that's a kinda given you've half a brain. Loads out there don't. They're the ones that are dangerous.

Are apartment break-ins common?

Look, I'm with you - I'm going all out ^ tbh, but I'm under no illusions that there are loads, and loads, and loads of people out there who don't care how "all out" you go - they're not even breaking a sweat swatting you. Think on that. We're all men, we think we're tough enough and all that. But there's waay tougher out there. If you're posting on Boards, that's a kinda given you've half a brain. Loads out there don't. They're the ones that are dangerous.

You mean the ones that post on Reddit?

boards is a sign of some level of intellect??? :confused:

• Advertisement

You mean the ones that post on Reddit?

they be freaky man!

Advertisement