Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you kill an intruder if you were guaranteed to get away scot free?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I would. Why should I let a scumbag rob me? What man would meekly surrender like that?

I believe you should be legally allowed to kill anyone who breaks into your home.

And I presume you'd take them on as warriors? Hand to hand, it is the basis of all combat

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 109 ✭✭Dublin Pintman

And I presume you'd take them on as warriors? Hand to hand, it is the basis of all combat

Nope. Shoot and aim for the centre of the body. No heroics and one less scumbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Some eejits on this thread.

If any of ye ever actually killed someone you're whole attitude would change that's for sure. Well, it would either change or you'd just be pondlife scum if you held the same convictions.

Some eejits on this thread.

If any of ye ever actually killed someone you're whole attitude would change that's for sure. Well, it would either change or you'd just be pondlife scum if you held the same convictions.

Lol. Why should I feel bad for a killing some scumbag?

Nope. Shoot and aim for the centre of the body. No heroics and one less scumbag.

Not very manly

• Advertisement

Not very manly

Defending your home and people is the epitome of masculinty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

snowflaker wrote: »
    Well done you. I find your brief tale completely believable.

I don't particularly care ;)

Defending your home and people is the epitome of masculinty.

Nah, any beta could pull a trigger, nothing masculine about that

• Registered Users Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Assuming that it is a choice completely in my hands (such as I am pointing a loaded gun at them and they have no weapon) then it would depend on what the situation was.

Somebody making their way out my door with my TV in their hands - I'm not going to shoot them in the back as they leave.

Somebody being a threat to the safety of my family - yes, and I'd like to think, without hesitation.

But I don't think anybody can really be all that sure what they'd do in that moment.

Lol. Why should I feel bad for a killing some scumbag?

To quote Eastwood: hell of a thing, killing a man

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

The hardest part would be lifting his junkie carcass into the boot of the car.

Nah, any beta could pull a trigger, nothing masculine about that

Do what it takes to defend yourself. It's not a kung fu movie. You don't worry about 'honourable' techniques and tactics.

Nah, that's passé, surely it's all done with keyboards now

You come and find an intruder raping your daughter. You're saying you wouldn't be capable of killing in that situation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

You come and find an intruder raping your daughter. You're saying you wouldn't be capable of killing in that situation?

That escalated quickly

How many people break into people's houses to rape???

That escalated quickly

Boards is not a research tool
    Go door to door and ask yourself, report back with your findings

• Registered Users Posts: 8,271 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Some people on this thread be trippin :D
    Mirror_gunfight.gif

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

That escalated quickly

It happens. Read a case in America where a man killed two men raping his daughter.

Obviously the old man was racist and should have used his words to difuse the situation.

Erik Shin wrote: »
    Boards is not a research tool
    Go door to door and ask yourself, report back with your findings

Its bollix is what it is, the likely hood of someone breaking into your house and raping your daughter is so minisicule that should discuss it as a likely scenario for killing someone???

What if aliens were fingering your granny? You'd change your story then!

It happens. Read a case in America where a man killed two men raping his daughter.

Obviously the old man was racist and should have used his words to difuse the situation.

Did they break into his house and rape her? Otherwise it's moot

• Advertisement

Its bollix is what it is, the likely hood of someone breaking into your house and raping your daughter is so minisicule that should discuss it as a likely scenario for killing someone???

What if aliens were fingering your granny? You'd change your story then!

My granny's dead...finger away

We're all 'capable'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

pablo128 wrote: »
    The hardest part would be lifting his junkie carcass into the boot of the car.

And knowing whether to dump the car et al or just the carcass..

Now I'm no cissy. I'm quite very large, and I've dance the punchy tango with a lot of lads over the years, but the whole "I'd kill them where they stand" makes me lol. Would you? Would you though? How would you? Do you think they'd stand there while you wake up, figure out where the crappy golf-putter is and then let you clobber them to death with it? Lol. you'd still be wiping the sleep out of your eyes, wondering why herself is poking you so hard, they'd be gone. And you'd be relieved. Very relieved. If you think not, you're either in a biker gang or nuts.

Do what it takes to defend yourself. It's not a kung fu movie. You don't worry about 'honourable' techniques and tactics.

Pff, what sort of a man would be afraid to go mano a mano with some scumbag?

Jokes aside, yeah I agree if you need to defend yourself, but having an intruder doesn't necessarily mean youve got to

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 173 ✭✭HenryHill

If i had to i would, regardless of the consequences.

Pff, what sort of a man would be afraid to go mano a mano with some scumbag?

Erik Shin wrote: »
    My granny's dead...finger away

you approve of Necrophilia???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Beyondgone wrote: »
    And knowing whether to dump the car et al or just the carcass..

Now I'm no cissy. I'm quite very large, and I've dance the punchy tango with a lot of lads over the years, but the whole "I'd kill them where they stand" makes me lol. Would you? Would you though? How would you? Do you think they'd stand there while you wake up, figure out where the crappy golf-putter is and then let you clobber them to death with it? Lol. you'd still be wiping the sleep out of your eyes, wondering why herself is poking you so hard, they'd be gone. And you'd be relieved. Very relieved. If you think not, you're either in a biker gang or nuts.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Vowel Movement

That escalated quickly

"y'all need to hide yo kids, hide yo wife, and hide yo husband cause they rapin' everybody out here." —Antoine Dodson.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

you approve of Necrophilia???

How good looking was this Granny? That stuff matters.

Advertisement