Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jihadist fundraising in Eire

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,018 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

pilly wrote: »
    I lived near a church that rang it's bells at all fcuking hours. I remember being woken up and being really annoyed. I don't remember being scarred at any point. Some people are easily scarred thought. Poor pets

Did you not ring the Gardaí about this atrocity?

No. It was in the middle of a country market town so it want a secret and I didn't bother kicking up a fuss. Muslim call to prayers seeps to terrify some people though. I'd clas them both as annoying and unwanted noise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

No. It was in the middle of a country market town so it want a secret and I didn't bother kicking up a fuss. Muslim call to prayers seeps to terrify some people though. I'd clas them both as annoying and unwanted noise.

I know what you meant, that was my attempt at sarcasm. :-))

I was woken on BH Monday by blaring music from a poxy fun run. Wasn't scared either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,345 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Fair play to the Gardai for catching these lowlifes. The Gardai along with the other authorities deserve credit where it is due.

I suppose the arrested woman from the UK could be extradited back over there to face trial for charges of international terrorism?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

I personally don't want to have anyone having a snack at 6am , blasting through a megaphon and telling me that I voted for this religious nonsense and I should live with it.

Having the call to prayer in a church is one thing, but antagonistic blaring it out to píss people off and generally make a nuisance is different matter, especially when you load it to YouTube and take pride in it and call the Swedish population as "muppets".

• Registered Users Posts: 33,120 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I personally don't want to have anyone having a snack at 6am , blasting through a megaphon and telling me that I voted for this religious nonsense and I should live with it.

Having the call to prayer in a church is one thing, but antagonistic blaring it out to píss people off and generally make a nuisance is different matter, especially when you load it to YouTube and take pride in it and call the Swedish population as "muppets".

Been over this - it's been happening here for creturies, how come you're only now pissed off by it?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭koumi

don't believe a word of it

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭pangbang

Been over this - it's been happening here for creturies, how come you're only now pissed off by it?

Well I'm not speaking for that dude, but Id imagine that he, and the vast majority of people are starting to realise that this is going to become MUCH larger and prominent if we continue on this course. It will spread. That's not scaremongering, its logical deduction.

You say its been happening for centuries (I'm not so sure about that!?) But if you were to plot a graph of incidence versus time....do you think you might see a trend over the last 20 years? Do you think that if you took the last 20 years, and compared it to the last 4 years, you might see a trend? It would be a spike shooting off those same charts.

So yeah, people tend to add 1+1 and come to conclusions (no matter how slow!). Another fallout from the mishandling of the EU in general, and zero borders for immigration specifically.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

pangbang wrote:
    So yeah, people tend to add 1+1 and come to conclusions (no matter how slow!). Another fallout from the mishandling of the EU in general, and zero borders for immigration specifically.

What countries have zero borders?

pilly wrote: »
    What countries have zero borders?

Most of Europe, apparently. When a homeless family from outside Europe can turn up in a gardai station in Dublin and declare themselves homeless, having stated that they just came from England......what do you think they are, super spies? With two kids in tow no less.

That's a personal anecdote from a friend a couple weeks back. Believe it or not.

How do you think they got here? How many countries do you think they crossed in Europe, with no European passports and, as they told the gardai, no money?

Don't confuse you as an irish person (assuming you are) trying to legally immigrate to another country. That's nearly impossible for the average person now. Borders for some, none for others.

pangbang wrote: »
    Well I'm not speaking for that dude, but Id imagine that he, and the vast majority of people are starting to realise that this is going to become MUCH larger and prominent if we continue on this course. It will spread. That's not scaremongering, its logical deduction.

You say its been happening for centuries (I'm not so sure about that!?) But if you were to plot a graph of incidence versus time....do you think you might see a trend over the last 20 years? Do you think that if you took the last 20 years, and compared it to the last 4 years, you might see a trend? It would be a spike shooting off those same charts.

A trend on what? Religions making noise when it's supposedly time to pray? People getting ordered off about it? People funding it?

• Advertisement

A trend on what? Religions making noise when it's supposedly time to pray? People getting ordered off about it? People funding it?

Trend of a certain religion growing exponentially and everything that goes with it growing equally exponentially, whether its bell ringing or what have you....yes, that trend and its related trends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

So if I started píssing in your letter box at 06:30 every morning and told you that this is your new reality, get used to it. Would you not be pissed off? Then recording it and uploading it to YouTube and informing people that the Swedish people are easy?

Trend of a certain religion growing exponentially and everything that goes with it growing equally exponentially, whether its bell ringing or what have you....yes, that trend and its related trends.

... that's when more vague than your first one.

If these trends exist, can you post them, and list the potential effects? I'm assuming you've done the research and would be very interested in debating your findings.

... that's when more vague than your first one.

If these trends exist, can you post them, and list the potential effects? I'm assuming you've done the research and would be very interested in debating your findings.

Look, I'm not trying to be insulting here, but there was another thread where you kept asking similar "simple" questions over and over.

I mean, what do you want from me? Am I supposed to hold your hand and walk you through every detail?

Do you REALLY need someone to prove to you that immigration has increased to huge levels when comparing nowadays to years ago? The last 10 years to the last 50? To show you that the millions coming across European borders are, shockingly, GOING somewhere? That a significant number of said immigrants are muslim? That will lead to increasing establishment of muslim everything here? From increasing church ringing, incompatible attitudes to women, to extremism and its funding, terrorism etc etc?

Can you not draw those simple deductions yourself?

I think youre being facetious and out to derail a point....just because.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Look, I'm not trying to be insulting here, but there was another thread where you kept asking similar "simple" questions over and over.

I mean, what do you want from me? Am I supposed to hold your hand and walk you through every detail?

Do you REALLY need someone to prove to you that immigration has increased to huge levels when comparing nowadays to years ago? The last 10 years to the last 50? To show you that the millions coming across European borders are, shockingly, GOING somewhere? That a significant number of said immigrants are muslim? That will lead to increasing establishment of muslim everything here? From increasing church ringing, incompatible attitudes to women, to extremism and its funding, terrorism etc etc?

no she just wants you to provide the findings of your indepth research.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Another fallout from the mishandling of the EU in general, and zero borders for immigration specifically.
    To show you that the millions coming across European borders...

The borders are back lads!

Phew, that's a relief.

So if I started píssing in your letter box at 06:30 every morning and told you that this is your new reality, get used to it. Would you not be pissed off? Then recording it and uploading it to YouTube and informing people that the Swedish people are easy?

How in the hell did you get from churches ringing bells to pissing in letterboxes..?? :confused:

no she just wants you to provide the findings of your indepth research.

WHAT in-depth research? WHERE did I claim to have conducted in-depth research?

Do you know what logic is? Cos if you don't "have it", I certainly cant help you.

That sun thing in the sky there, I reckon its smaller than earth. So, if youd like to prove me wrong, just go ahead and show me all your research, walk me through it!

But you wouldn't do that, would you? The reason you wouldn't is because its a fooooking stupid question!

What is it that neither of you don't believe, or have "difficulty" believing about the trend I mentioned? Seriously, Im asking a serious question.

dav3 wrote: »
    The borders are back lads!

Phew, that's a relief.

I see what you did there! You took something out of context, something that would otherwise be a retarded comment to make.....and just went right ahead and made a funny :)

Youre a funny guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

WHAT in-depth research? WHERE did I claim to have conducted in-depth research?

oh, my bad. i thought with all the claims you were making that you had done research and would be able to provide the findings. sorry about that.
    What is it that neither of you don't believe, or have "difficulty" believing about the trend I mentioned? Seriously, Im asking a serious question.

what trends. you forgot to tell us.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement

oh, my bad. i thought with all the claims you were making that you had done research and would be able to provide the findings. sorry about that.

what trends. you forgot to tell us.

Yeah, the same way I can "claim" that the sun is coming up in the morning. The same way I can "claim" that water is wet. Its logical deduction and reasoning.

And if youre that thick that you have to ask me "What trends" when 1) my posts are literally one page back, and 2) if you haven't seen them, you are literally arguing against something you haven't read....holy moses!

I see what you did there! You took something out of context, something that would otherwise be a retarded comment to make.....and just went right ahead and made a funny :)

Youre a funny guy.

Hold on, let me guess…is the context immigration?

What are you getting all worked up about? This is a thread started about some lad doing some fundraising, started by a troll on an Irish forum, who can't even spell Éire correctly.

I ask "simple" questions because very important information is routinely missing from your posts and you either continuously erroneoulsy omit its inclusion (increasingly unlikely), or you simply made **** up and hope I won't notice it. So, rather than call you out as a bull****ter, I give you the benefit of the doubt. It was the same in the previous thread - the one about drugs - where you got repeatedly scorched by qualified professionals in the pharamcutical and biochemistry fields and people far more experienced than yourself and had to resort to vague ad homeinems. The evidence is in your post history for anyone to see.

Now, as to what you are supposed to do here. That would be to link to the SPECIFIC factual data that led you to state that said trends "would be a spike shooting off those same charts" because I can't debate a paper only one of us has read, now can I? And I can't draw any conclusions from something that you refuse to show me. Also, to state why said evidence is relevant to the specific case of the fundraiser in Waterford.

Something, though, tells me it won't be there and the tradional ad homeinem will be in its place which will prove me to be correct that, by its intentional omission, you shall be declaring yourself as said bull****ter.

Hold on, let me guess…is the context immigration?

What are you getting all worked up about? This is a thread started about some lad doing some fundraising, started by a troll on an Irish forum, who can't even spell Éire correctly.

Yeah the context is immigration. You know, related to the thread topic, and I have a tendency to post on immigration issues. Congratulations, Sherlock Holmes.

You're asking me why my posts portray me being upset (I'm not), while asking a completely redundant question. Like number 5 or 6 of the redundant posts in a row. Don't you think that could be agitating to a person? :)

So to reiterate my ground-breaking, impossible-to-believe (for some!) statement, in the vaguest terms possible.....lots of a certain religion come into a country, and it has effects. Wow! I cant believe its not logic (or butter, sometimes)

I ask "simple" questions because very important information is routinely missing from your posts and you either continuously erroneoulsy omit its inclusion (increasingly unlikely), or you simply made **** up and hope I won't notice it. So, rather than call you out as a bull****ter, I give you the benefit of the doubt. It was the same in the previous thread - the one about drugs - where you got repeatedly scorched by qualified professionals in the pharamcutical and biochemistry fields and people far more experienced than yourself and had to resort to vague ad homeinems. The evidence is in your post history for anyone to see.

Now, as to what you are supposed to do here. That would be to link to the SPECIFIC factual data that led you to state that said trends "would be a spike shooting off those same charts" because I can't debate a paper only one of us has read, now can I? And I can't draw any conclusions from something that you refuse to show me. Also, to state why said evidence is relevant to the specific case of the fundraiser in Waterford.

Something, though, tells me it won't be there and the tradional ad homeinem will be in its place which will prove me to be correct that, by its intentional omission, you shall be declaring yourself as said bull****ter.

Maybe I just expect too much of an internet forum, an expectation that people can draw conclusions and recognise when something makes sense or not. So, what I'll do is spell it out, painstakingly for you, and then you can pick a number and tell me why the logical jump is untrue or at least questionable.

1) Lots and lots of people are coming across the borders of Europe. Do you believe this?

2) A significant number of those people are of muslim faith. Do you believe that's true?

3) When those people arrive here, they will continue to practice their religion, and will want to set up mosques and the like to propagate their faith. Do you believe that's a logical assumption?

4) That particular religion is incompatible in its belief system when introduced into a western European nation. For example, the attitude toward women, homosexuals, marriage practices, jihadism in some cases and so on and so forth. Do you believe this?

5) With the increasing establishment and growing numbers of that faith, it is a logical conclusion that there will also be the logical increase in extremism, and its funding, such as what happened in the thread title. Can you believe that leap of logic?

6) With no sign of a decrease in this type of immigration, I say it is logical that all these negative effects will continue to grow. Can you believe that logic?

Now, at no point do I feel that I need to "prove" this level of thought, because it is, as I said above to another poster, as predictable as the sun coming up in the morning.

THATS why I may not appear, to you, to be backing up my argument, because to me, its like someone asking me to prove that the earth is round. No link or study is gonna help the person asking that type of question.

Youre inferring that I'm bull****ter, but on the contrary, someone who demands that logic be spelled out to them, to be "proven" to them, is the real bull****ter.

Is that okay? Or now that Ive written the bloody thing out, do you have a hole to pick in my logic?

Yeah the context is immigration. You know, related to the thread topic, and I have a tendency to post on immigration issues. Congratulations, Sherlock Holmes.

You're asking me why my posts portray me being upset (I'm not), while asking a completely redundant question. Like number 5 or 6 of the redundant posts in a row. Don't you think that could be agitating to a person? :)

So to reiterate my ground-breaking, impossible-to-believe (for some!) statement, in the vaguest terms possible.....lots of a certain religion come into a country, and it has effects. Wow! I cant believe its not logic (or butter, sometimes)

I think your definition of 'logic' may be different to everyone else. Unsubstantiated facts does not equal logic.

I'm just glad the borders are back. It was a worrying 2 hours.

I think your definition of 'logic' may be different to everyone else. Unsubstantiated facts does not equal logic.

You're gas, man! Logic, by its nature, is not fact, per se.

I'll spell it out for you.

When you went to the shop yesterday....that's a fact!

If you ask me whether you'll go to the shop tomorrow, and I make the educated guess that you will based on previous facts.....that's logic!

Welcome to the world!

I stated that you were bull****ting and your posts lacked fundamental logic, and now I'm going to prove it.
    Maybe I just expect too much of an internet forum, an expectation that people can draw conclusions and recognise when something makes sense or not. So, what I'll do is spell it out, painstakingly for you, and then you can pick a number and tell me why the logical jump is untrue or at least questionable.

1) Lots and lots of people are coming across the borders of Europe. Do you believe this?

2) A significant number of those people are of muslim faith. Do you believe that's true?

3) When those people arrive here, they will continue to practice their religion, and will want to set up mosques and the like to propagate their faith. Do you believe that's a logical assumption?

So far yes - but here's where you go off the rails.
    4) That particular religion is incompatible in its belief system when introduced into a western European nation. For example, the attitude toward women, homosexuals, marriage practices, jihadism in some cases and so on and so forth. Do you believe this?

1 - The Christian church ticks the first two boxes and it's widely regarded as a Western religion.
    2 - I don't beleive you when you say "Marriage practices" and "jihadism"; and this is why I have a problem with your posts: you simply assume it to be true without any research. Let me ask, before you posted this, did you@
    a) read up about what constitutes Islam marriage practcises or did you just assume it's some kind of brutal mysogonistic arrangement?
    b) did you read up about what levels of jihadists eist or did you just assume that it could be calculated as a percentage?

Now, I'm not saying you're wrong here: On point a - I'm saying you don't know because you never looked. On point b - I'm saying you don't know becuase it's simply not proveable one way or the other.

But me point is: You. Just. Assumed. You did, didn't you?
    So, you're bull****ting - QED.
    5) With the increasing establishment and growing numbers of that faith, it is a logical conclusion that there will also be the logical increase in extremism, and its funding, such as what happened in the thread title. Can you believe that leap of logic?

6) With no sign of a decrease in this type of immigration, I say it is logical that all these negative effects will continue to grow. Can you believe that logic?

No, it's not logical, it's a stereotype assumption with no basis. Here's a comparison:

Ireland is traditionally Catholic, so therefore the Irish don't use contraception and so, logically, Irish people will procreate more and as the Irish are always drunk, logically, it means that the more Irish people in the world, the more alcoholism becomes a world problem.

However, the above is not correct, so your logic is flawed - QED.

Case closed, good night.

I stated that you were bull****ting and your posts lacked fundamental logic, and now I'm going to prove it.

So far yes - but here's where you go off the rails.

1 - The Christian church ticks the first two boxes and it's widely regarded as a Western religion.
    2 - I don't beleive you when you say "Marriage practices" and "jihadism"; and this is why I have a problem with your posts: you simply assume it to be true without any research. Let me ask, before you posted this, did you@
    a) read up about what constitutes Islam marriage practcises or did you just assume it's some kind of brutal mysogonistic arrangement?
    b) did you read up about what levels of jihadists eist or did you just assume that it could be calculated as a percentage?

You assumed, didn't you?
    So, you're bull****ting - QED.

No, it's not logical, it's a stereotype assumption with no basis. Here's a comparison:

Ireland is traditionally Catholic, so therefore the Irish don't use contraception and so, logically, Irish people will procreate more and as the Irish are always drunk the more Irish people in the world, the more alcoholism becomes a world problem.

However, the above is not correct, so your logic is flawed - QED.

Case closed, good night.

Oh you showed me! You make the equivalence that the catholic faith is just the same as the faith of muslims.....FALSE equivalence! You are seriously trying to stretch that they are as bad as each other. Cop the f--k on with your reaching. When was the last person stoned to death in Ireland? Duh!

As for the second bolded part....you have NOTHING to say, you are LITERALLY saying that I am making an assumption, and then you go on to say....F--k all.....What an excellent point you make. You certainly poked a hole in my logic with your...oh that's right, you didnt say anything.

Sure that whole thing about the solar system existing, sure that's just a stereotype! Its a stereotype because.....I said so! Now I'll scream before I can learn anything!

You have nothing. Nothing! You didn't say anything to counter my point. That's a bad way to be, when you see something you don't "like", but cant form a single idea in your head as to why its wrong to not like it. Life must be tough for you.

You, most certainly, have proven to be the bulshi--ter. Goodnight indeed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I haven't read back the previous pages so it's possible I might disagree with some of Pangbang's comments, but I think there is a lot of disingenuous indignation being used as a smokescreen to avoid answering the big questions here. It looks more like an attempt to discredit a poster, rather than engaging in discussion, imo.
    Unsubstantiated facts

Really the basic facts :
    ~ there is a lot of immigration into Europe, currently supported and encouraged by several nations.
    ~ a large percentage of immigrants are Muslim.

Is there really a need to find numbers for that ? They can be found easily I'm sure, but then you've all the time/geographical parameters... Bit of a dose.
    Could these two facts be accepted as facts ?
    I personally think so.

After that, fair enough, you could debate these points :

~ "Muslims in a new country will want to build mosques, and practice religion as they did in their home country."
    (my opinion is that it's true, but yeah, you could ask for charts and statistics, and numbers on that)

~ "they will want to propagate their religion". In other words, evangelism, or jihad in this case. I think jihad (in its peaceful and less peaceful ideology) is a given with Islam, but maybe I'm wrong, and again, maybe surveys etc... might help suss that one out, or its extent and how it manifests in European countries.

~ "Islam is incompatible with Western values and culture". My opinion is that it pretty much is, when it is practiced in a very devout manner, that is to say, a near-extremist, or extremist manner.

~ "with a larger concentration of Muslims in certain areas, there will be an increase in extremism." That can reasonably be debated, and numbers again could be useful.
    For me it's a no brainer. To what extent, I don't know. I know I am French and looking at my home country, there seems indeed to be an increase in extremism.
    A valid way to debate the issue, if you accept the statement above, would be to argue that there are ways to avoid, or curb, extremism, and then everything would be onky-dory.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement