Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jihadist fundraising in Eire

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

MysticMonk wrote: »
    The armed support unit was a response to gang killings and within months they'd arrested shhitloads of people and prevented probably dozens of murders.

It didn't take them long to tackle that problem and they did it with a serious level of professionalism and quite a bit of style

I agreed with you on that in advance. Like I said, the best and brightest get grabbed. The rest sort of plod along.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Jobs OXO wrote: »
    Very worrying developments and jihadist fund raising ring is exposed in Waterford
    Perhaps Waterford can be called the Daish county and not the Deise county?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,170 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Suspect has been identified

HDoklFx.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 57 ✭✭Manny89

If he received naturalised citizenship, it better be revoked now!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,882 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Beyondgone wrote: »
    I agreed with you on that in advance. Like I said, the best and brightest get grabbed. The rest sort of plod along.

Like PC Plod?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,736 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Manny89 wrote: »
    If he received naturalised citizenship, it better be revoked now!

Couldn't be doing that.. what about his "rights" etc :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,736 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

bubblypop wrote: »
    An Garda Siochana have been fighting terrorism since the 1920s
    In fact, they are at the forefront of European police when it comes to terrorist Investigations

Maybe once, but it seems things have changed in AGS given some of the more recent revelations. Suppose though that's what happens when your principal adversary goes away.

These days it seems to be about making up stats and selective enforcement, and trying to keep those who object quiet, with the Commissioner telling everyone that it'll all be grand while the next scandal breaks.

AGS need a complete RUC/PSNI-style overhaul. It's not fit for purpose and hasn't been in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,028 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Jobs OXO wrote:
    Very worrying developments and jihadist fund raising ring is exposed in Waterford

I doubt that jihadis operating in Ireland is a new development. Catching them in the act is a new development and, ironically, catching them has some people more worried now.

Fair play to the UK and Irish police forces. Good cooperation and a good result. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Hanwellian

I doubt that jihadis operating in Ireland is a new development. Catching them in the act is a new development and, ironically, catching them has some people more worried now.

Fair play to the UK and Irish police forces. Good cooperation and a good result. Thanks

I'd say far easier to monitor and arrest as relatively small amount of 'suitable candidates' in the country, in UK, hundreds of thousands.

Hanwellian wrote: »

I'd say far easier to monitor and arrest as relatively small amount of 'suitable candidates' in the country, in UK, hundreds of thousands.

Depends how you look at it. Should be like shooting fish in a barrel in the UK by that logic.

In any case between the U.K. And Irish authorities, they found them and caught them. Good work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,153 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Hanwellian wrote: »

How do you define a "suitable candidate"?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

How do you define a "suitable candidate"?

Anyone who has beliefs that are odds with the country that is hosting them, people who think Christians are scum etc.. It's all well and good being liberal, look what happened in Sweden. Did you see the musilms that blasted the call to prayer at 6am in a Swedish community? When people came out of their home's to give out , "the religion of peace guy's" said that this is the new normal---get used to it. That's scary stuff.

The police turned up and did nothing.

Anyone who has beliefs that are odds with the country that is hosting them, people who think Christians are scum etc.. It's all well and good being liberal, look what happened in Sweden. Did you see the musilms that blasted the call to prayer at 6am in a Swedish community? When people came out of their home's to give out , "the religion of peace guy's" said that this is the new normal---get used to it. That's scary stuff.

What's all that Sweden stuff got to do with being liberal?

The Irish and UK police worked together and they did arrest and charge him so they're not getting away with it here

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

There are psychopathic maniacs in every country, a modern liberalist society coupled with the speed and spread of news of global warfare aligned with the notion of the right of freedom of expression in deeds and actions have lead us to this dark place.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

the call to prayer isn't against the law. so of course the police weren't going to do anything. the call to prayer is hardly "scary stuff"

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

the call to prayer isn't against the law. so of course the police weren't going to do anything. the call to prayer is hardly "scary stuff"

Really, I'll blast it to your Windows at 6am, see how you feel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

MysticMonk wrote: »
    The armed support unit was a response to gang killings and within months they'd arrested shhitloads of people and prevented probably dozens of murders.

It didn't take them long to tackle that problem and they did it with a serious level of professionalism and quite a bit of style

Armed Support Unit don't do investigative work. They are a support unit only. Same people doing the investigative work now that there was before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

bubblypop wrote: »
    An Garda Siochana have been fighting terrorism since the 1920s
    In fact, they are at the forefront of European police when it comes to terrorist Investigations

Yeah but there not very good at actually stopping it are they?

There are psychopathic maniacs in every country, a modern liberalist society coupled with the speed and spread of news of global warfare aligned with the notion of the right of freedom of expression in deeds and actions have lead us to this dark place.

Correct Tom, absolutely what I was getting at, lads from a foreign country purposely antagonistic to the residents of the country then posting it on YouTube? No it's racist to talk about it. When the first beheading happens it will be muted as a "mentally ill " individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Suspect has been identified

HDoklFx.png

Nope this guy did it!

• Advertisement

I lived near a church that rang it's bells at all fcuking hours. I remember being woken up and being really annoyed. I don't remember being scarred at any point. Some people are easily scarred thought. Poor pets

a tad annoyed. nothing more. i would get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

greencap wrote: »
    Looks to have been online based rather than local to Ireland.

Ireland was just their base, probably more low key than across the water in GB

The Tax Breaks are just too tempting.

Registered as a charity no doubt.

a tad annoyed. nothing more. i would get over it.

Lovely, I suppose that you would in favour of beheadings in your local community, why don't we throw gay people off buildings? Because we are a democratic nation. Its being used as a refuge for terrorism. We can dance around the issue like our heads are in the sand . I studied at Griffith college and I tell you, it's like the middle of Saudi Arabia. That whole road is full of snack attack.

Thats a good lot of people so then.

Thats a good lot of people so then.

Ahh the atheist has spoken.

Lovely, I suppose that you would in favour of beheadings in your local community, why don't we throw gay people off buildings? Because we are a democratic nation. Its being used as a refuge for terrorism. We can dance around the issue like our heads are in the sand . I studied at Griffith college and I tell you, it's like the middle of Saudi Arabia. That whole road is full of snack attack.

So being slightly anoyed at loud sounds = being in favour of cutting off heads & throwing people out of buildings?
    Yeah the same Saudi Arabia who have diplomatic protection from the US & EU to do what ever they like to their citizens no matter how savage

Hope you got a refund from that college of yours.

Ahh the atheist has spoken.

Yes, he has indeed.

Lovely, I suppose that you would in favour of beheadings in your local community, why don't we throw gay people off buildings? Because we are a democratic nation.

oh for god sake seriously. not caring about the call to prayer doesn't make one in favour of murder.
    Its being used as a refuge for terrorism. We can dance around the issue like our heads are in the sand.

who is dancing around the issue? people were found to be involved in terrorism and were based in ireland. they were thankfully caught and hopefully will face the full force of the law. the gardai did great work.
    I studied at Griffith college and I tell you, it's like the middle of Saudi Arabia. That whole road is full of snack attack.

yeah, i see what we are dealing with now with the use of terms like "snack attack"

• Advertisement

So being slightly anoyed at loud sounds = being in favour of cutting off heads & throwing people out of buildings?
    Yeah the same Saudi Arabia who have diplomatic protection from the US & EU to do what ever they like to their citizens no matter how savage

Hope you got a refund from that college of yours.

Paint it whatsoever way you like, I'm well educated and in a good job and i don't want snack attackers ruining my life, just because they are idiots. What's wrong with shaking hands and integration? I saw the late late with the people who were proud of their integration to Irish society, you don't have that with the musilms, they don't want to interact.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement