Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jihadist fundraising in Eire

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭pangbang

I haven't read back the previous pages so it's possible I might disagree with some of Pangbang's comments, but I think there is a lot of disingenuous indignation being used as a smokescreen to avoid answering the big questions here. It looks more like an attempt to discredit a poster, rather than engaging in discussion, imo.

Really the basic facts :
    ~ there is a lot of immigration into Europe, currently supported and encouraged by several nations.
    ~ a large percentage of immigrants are Muslim.

Is there really a need to find numbers for that ? They can be found easily I'm sure, but then you've all the time/geographical parameters... Bit of a dose.
    Could these two facts be accepted as facts ?
    I personally think so.

After that, fair enough, you could debate these points :

~ "Muslims in a new country will want to build mosques, and practice religion as they did in their home country."
    (my opinion is that it's true, but yeah, you could ask for charts and statistics, and numbers on that)

~ "they will want to propagate their religion". In other words, evangelism, or jihad in this case. I think jihad (in its peaceful and less peaceful ideology) is a given with Islam, but maybe I'm wrong, and again, maybe surveys etc... might help suss that one out, or its extent and how it manifests in European countries.

~ "Islam is incompatible with Western values and culture". My opinion is that it pretty much is, when it is practiced in a very devout manner, that is to say, a near-extremist, or extremist manner.

~ "with a larger concentration of Muslims in certain areas, there will be an increase in extremism." That can reasonably be debated, and numbers again could be useful.
    For me it's a no brainer. To what extent, I don't know. I know I am French and looking at my home country, there seems indeed to be an increase in extremism.
    A valid way to debate the issue, if you accept the statement above, would be to argue that there are ways to avoid, or curb, extremism, and then everything would be onky-dory.

Thank you! Of course you could argue a few points, but I wasn't trying to argue specific points, I was just throwing out a simple LOGICAL DEDUCTION.

And you're bang on the money, its all about trying to force and derail the point, attacking the post without contributing a single counter-point. And its always the same posters doing it too.

The "prove it!" crowd, who couldn't be any less genuine with their questions if they tried to be. Such bull****.

I think that's me done with this forum (I'm sure there'll be a few cheers from the air-heads, they'll gain a bit of their "safe-space" back). Too bad the world is heading in the complete opposite direction to them, but I'll happily take the real world while they stay in their parents bedrooms, slapping each other on the back (virtually!) ha!

Goodnight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Good night everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,028 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

I personally don't want to have anyone having a snack at 6am [...] So if I started píssing in your letter box at 06:30 every morning and told you that this is your new reality, get used to it. Would you not be pissed off?

@ Princess Consuela. Do you see what I mean about the use of 'snack attack' and people getting hysterical about Muslims. It's black humour to deal with their bring terrified.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I'm in favour of helping as many refugees as possible. I do believe checks and balances are required and proper immigration controls and i am firmly against Religions of any kind getting a foothold and changing the culture of an area.

I have been applying for jobs lately and "office culture" seems to be more important than technical skills and qualifications. Same should apply to immigration.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,154 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

@ Princess Consuela. Do you see what I mean about the use of 'snack attack' and people getting hysterical about Muslims. It's black humour to deal with their bring terrified.

Honestly? I think it's more a case of attention seeking.

Anyway, I'm done here. I've proven what i needed to prove and there's no way its getting back on topic.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

This has turned into another thread on immigration and is being closed.

There was a long running thread in the Politics Cafe on immigration that was closed, since then, threads have been hijacked in AH to try to continue that discussion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement