Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jihadist fundraising in Eire

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Scary Eire

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Is it like a trocaire fundraiser?

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

...[font=Georgia, serif]could have earned up to €100,000.[/font]
    FFS sensationalise much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Jihad me at kaboom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

100 grand? Hardly get a decent heat seeking rocket launcher for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,153 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Jobs OXO wrote: »
    Very worrying developments and jihadist fund raising ring is exposed in Waterford

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/couple-held-as-100k-raised-for-jihadis-groups-35661767.html

What can motivate people to do this I wonder ?

Jihadist motivations are well known - what exactly is there to wonder about?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

How much money do you need to buy a knife and hijack a truck?

How much money do you need to buy a knife and hijack a truck?

The rest of the money was only resting in their account.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Hanwellian

Why should this shock or surprise anyone. If you were a terrorist or had links to a terrorist group, would you not use nice quiet Ireland for your activities?

Ireland is at risk because it is Christian, White and in Europe.

I'm shocked that the gardai actually managed to carry out surveillance and arrest someone. In this sort of situation it would be like an episode of the Keystone Cops, would be my impression.

I think it would be generally beneath the gardai to be able to counter any terrorist threat.

Above, Shirley?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Looks to have been online based rather than local to Ireland.

Ireland was just their base, probably more low key than across the water in GB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

100 grand? Hardly get a decent heat seeking rocket launcher for that.

I'd take a grand for mine.

Ladies....

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Hanwellian wrote: »
    Why should this shock or surprise anyone. If you were a terrorist or had links to a terrorist group, would you not use nice quiet Ireland for your activities?

Ireland is at risk because it is Christian, White and in Europe.

I'm shocked that the gardai actually managed to carry out surveillance and arrest someone. In this sort of situation it would be like an episode of the Keystone Cops, would be my impression.

I think it would be generally beneath the gardai to be able to counter any terrorist threat.

They were informed by the British spooks to have a look doubt it was under their own initiative

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Hanwellian

They were informed by the British spooks to have a look doubt it was on their own initiative

Exactly, i'd say there was MI5 boots on the ground here to direct or oversee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Lock these up for life without parole. Should be zero tolerance when it comes to these scumbags.

Or hand them over to the brits and let scotland yard deal with them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Where do I send my donation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Bloody immigrants.

Nudge
    Poke
    Stir

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭222233

Jobs OXO wrote: »
    Very worrying developments and jihadist fund raising ring is exposed in Waterford

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/couple-held-as-100k-raised-for-jihadis-groups-35661767.html

What can motivate people to do this I wonder ?

Impressionable people, people looking for a cause, people who are lost, people looking for purpose or gain I guess?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

At least they were caught before those funds could be used to inflict more damage upon innocent people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,153 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I'd take a grand for mine.

Ladies....

Oh, you...! ;)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

An Irish jihadist, well holy God Biddy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

Turns out they were just Kickstartering money for a brilliant idea - Their belt is the best you've ever seen - no more slipping dynamite, no more dodgy detonators - it's the only belt you'll ever need, well it's the last belt you'd ever need.

Hanwellian wrote: »

An Garda Siochana have been fighting terrorism since the 1920s
    In fact, they are at the forefront of European police when it comes to terrorist Investigations

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MysticMonk

bubblypop wrote: »
    An Garda Siochana have been fighting terrorism since the 1920s
    In fact, they are at the forefront of European police when it comes to terrorist Investigations

Fair ****s to them.. they're being proactive and professional

MysticMonk wrote: »
    Fair ****s to them.. they're being proactive and professional

Well, the best and brightest get grabbed and chucked into the Surveillance/Serious Crime Units, so oddly, they're pretty damn good. Not much messing with them lads/lassies, as it happens. They usually get stiffed by senile Judges who eff up their hard work, but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

An Irish jihadist, well holy God Biddy!

Ta an nallah a bhakbar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

greencap wrote: »
    Ta an nallah a bhakbar

Just have a snack, everything will be fine.

greencap wrote: »
    Ta an nallah a bhakbar

Waterford Jihadis? - it's all Ah here Blaas snackbox.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MysticMonk

Beyondgone wrote: »
    Well, the best and brightest get grabbed and chucked into the Surveillance/Serious Crime Units, so oddly, they're pretty damn good. Not much messing with them lads/lassies, as it happens. They usually get stiffed by senile Judges who eff up their hard work, but still.

The armed support unit was a response to gang killings and within months they'd arrested shhitloads of people and prevented probably dozens of murders.

It didn't take them long to tackle that problem and they did it with a serious level of professionalism and quite a bit of style

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement