Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London Marathon 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    which one you think is positive ;)?

Probably neither :( I just wish they'd send the email.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Do check your spam folders incase it ended up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Unless your purchases has a price in it, it looks like a no

Unless your purchases has a price in it, it looks like a no

Has that been confirmed? So anyone who got in the UK ballot, who didn't donate their entry, saw their purchase price change from 0.00 to 39.00 on Monday morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭noelearly

Has that been confirmed? So anyone who got in the UK ballot, who didn't donate their entry, saw their purchase price change from 0.00 to 39.00 on Monday morning?

What if your purchases says zero, but on the other page it gives you the option to withdraw?? Can't remember if I put down donate to charity, id hazard a guess and say I didn't do that, because if I wanted to do something for charity id shave me legs and wax my nipples.

• Advertisement

noelearly wrote: »
    What if your purchases says zero, but on the other page it gives you the option to withdraw?? Can't remember if I put down donate to charity, id hazard a guess and say I didn't do that, because if I wanted to do something for charity id shave me legs and wax my nipples.

I entered international and UK. Both look the same and I paid no fee.

Obviously I would like to be wrong

If your wife (an/or you) logs in at https://hub.realbuzzregistrations.com/login/?next=/ can you tell me what it says on the entries tab under "Withdrawal"? I've seen one login with this option:

And the another one with just:

Just trying to put 2 and 2 together to see if one message indicates a positive result as both entries haven't heard yet.

Thanks

Well I have the first option for international and second one for UK entry.

Make what you can of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭wowzer

International ballot entry costs £80. If I recall correctly, last year international ballot entries were not released for 4 or 5 days after the UK ballot. There is still hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭SnailsPace

Last year, I got the rejection email @ 9:15am on the Wednesday so I would expect the bad news this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Rossi7

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    which one you think is positive ;)?

Probably neither :(  I just wish they'd send the email.
    I got both messages and got home from work yesterday to see my rejection magazine and t shirt :angry:

• Advertisement

SnailsPace wrote: »
    Last year, I got the rejection email @ 9:15am on the Wednesday so I would expect the bad news this morning

Has anyone actually received an email rejection yet? Or is it just postal rejections so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Has anyone actually received an email rejection yet? Or is it just postal rejections so far.

As you said it's a joke of a setup letting people know, send them all out Monday morning & put people out of there misery.

OOnegative wrote: »
    As you said it's a joke of a setup letting people know, send them all out Monday morning & put people out of there misery.

It's actually infuriating me. Shouldn't let it annoy me so much, can't even imagine what it's like for folks that have been rejected multiple times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

OOnegative wrote: »

Misery? :D We'll find out soon enough, I'm not optimistic, if I get in fine, if I don't fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

It's actually infuriating me. Shouldn't let it annoy me so much, can't even imagine what it's like for folks that have been rejected multiple times.

A c'mon guys! go and make a cuppa tea and chill out, it's only marathon entry!!!! I've been refused 3 years in a row, I'm expecting this to be number 4. I'm certainly not going to let it ruin my day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

A c'mon guys! go and make a cuppa tea and chill out, it's only marathon entry!!!! I've been refused 3 years in a row, I'm expecting this to be number 4. I'm certainly not going to let it ruin my day :)

Nobody said it was running there day, send the emails out on a Monday like other ballot marathons like Berlin & Chicago so you know. Certainly not ruining my day, I'd just like a yes or no.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I got in on my 6th attempt and had to defer because my son was due 5 weeks before race day, finally got to run this year after applying since 2010. London is an absolute crapshoot without GFA.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

Surely there's some cunning logic in spreading the emails like this? Those who got picked and emailed first, do they get a chance to pay up in next 24 hours or something like that - and if they fail to pay up (cold feet), perhaps they take another X numbers from the larger pool etc?

Apparently some people in the London Marathon FB page are saying that you can find a previous realbuzz email, click the unsubscribe link and it will bring up a list of "campaigns" you're subscribed to. Some have seen a subscription to a 2018 unsuccessful email in the list.
    I don't see anything for 2018 though so I'd say they're waiting for Mo to record his video for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Apparently some people in the London Marathon FB page are saying that you can find a previous realbuzz email, click the unsubscribe link and it will bring up a list of "campaigns" you're subscribed to. Some have seen a subscription to a 2018 unsuccessful email in the list.
    I don't see anything for 2018 though so I'd say they're waiting for Mo to record his video for me.

I subscribed to the VMLM Runner's World unsuccessful entrants list, is anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

Nuttzz wrote: »
    I subscribed to the VMLM Runner's World unsuccessful entrants list, is anyone else?

Yeah I'm on that one....also on a VMLM 2018 Issue 2 list?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭morceli

Nuttzz wrote: »
    No i'm not subscribed to that one. But wouldnt read to much into it, i'm sure that rejection mails will be out today or tomororw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

morceli wrote: »
    No i'm not subscribed to that one. But wouldnt read to much into it, i'm sure that rejection mails will be out today or tomororw.

My brother got a rejection email today. Nothing in my mailbox yet so fingers crossed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The screenshots of rejection emails and sad faces seem to be popping up today on Facebook from people in my club.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

Yay, On my very first attempt, I have become a London Marathon ... rejectee :D
    Commiserations, your application to run in the 2018 Virgin Money London Marathon has been unsuccessful. A record number of 386,050 hopefuls applied to take part in next year’s event.

But don’t despair, there are still plenty of chances for you to participate on Sunday 22 April 2018. You could secure one of the many charity places available or win a place through a competition.

Sure, a bundle of cash saved and a lot of hassle. Paying them to run.. pfft who would do such a crazy thing anyways! :/:/:(

robinph wrote: »
    The screenshots of rejection emails and sad faces seem to be popping up today on Facebook from people in my club.

Yeah, got my UK rejection email. I don't think overseas emails have gone out yet though.

A record number of 386,050 hopefuls applied to take part in next year’s event.

Even with only a tiny percentage of those people nominating to donate their entry fee in the event of not getting a place that is a massive number of rejection tops to provide. That probably accounts for as much of the delay in finding out if you have a place or not as they need to get the top manufactured and shipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ClashCityRocker

positron wrote: »
    Yay, On my very first attempt, I have become a London Marathon ... rejectee :D

Sure, a bundle of cash saved and a lot of hassle. Paying them to run.. pfft who would do such a crazy thing anyways! :/:/:(

386k applicants :eek: London is great and all but i can't get over that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭v6e5qzawyrc3jn

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement