Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London Marathon 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

noelearly wrote: »
    Think I should know this week. Not holding out much hope, did Berlin last week so would like to add to the majors.

Best of luck to you. I think you're crazy, but still, best of luck! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭noelearly

chrislad wrote: »
    Best of luck to you. I think you're crazy, but still, best of luck! :D

Crazy??? Why so

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

noelearly wrote: »
    Crazy??? Why so

Going for another one so soon :D

I jest, of course, I'm just planning to take 2018 as a marathon free year after having one each year for the past three. I'm hoping I'll get London 2019.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Everyone should know if they have a place or not this week. I know I'm in but still waiting to see the postie arrive with the magazine with a bit too much excitement than is entirely reasonable. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

robinph wrote: »
    Everyone should know if they have a place or not this week. I know I'm in but still waiting to see the postie arrive with the magazine with a bit too much excitement than is entirely reasonable. :)

I have two entries in the ballot, one uk and one international, not optimistic at all

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Postie just arrived and this year it's a bloke wearing pink bunny ears on the "You're in" version of the magazine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

I had put my name in as well for fun, I guess I will have to wait for a text from ParcelMotel :D

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

I have two entries in the ballot, one uk and one international, not optimistic at all

I've whatsapp'd my mum at home in the UK to see if she has any post. Normally takes her a couple of days to realise she's got a message though so I'll give her a call later :)
    Like you, not holding out much hope. Any idea when the international emails are usually sent out?

Well the PFO magazine comes with a very nice running top, so the wife is relatively happy with that. Still in with a chance of a place in our club ballot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Anybody get word yet via email?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

OOnegative wrote: »
    Anybody get word yet via email?

No email yet but think you can check here if you got in. Will show in the purchase section.
    https://hub.realbuzzregistrations.com/login/?next=/

psychozeb wrote: »
    No email yet but think you can check here if you got in. Will show in the purchase section.

Cheers for that, can't find anything on that confirming a place yet.

Nothing yet. Think I read somewhere it's a 4.5% chance of getting a place in the ballot. Suppose next year I could always use the gfa and declare myself British.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Am I correct in thinking that a zero balance in the purchases means you're not in?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Will that work to check an international ballot attempt?

sideswipe wrote: »
    Am I correct in thinking that a zero balance in the purchases means you're not in?

Exactly what I was thinking.

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Will that work to check an international ballot attempt?

I would imagine so but not a 100%,still awaiting official email.

Exactly what I was thinking.

That and there will be a bib number there also.

That and there will be a bib number there also.

It's a no for me so if that's the case.

Knowing a few different numbers for people already, and wanting to be certain that they had in fact given me a fGFA number of course, I just had a quick look at the number allocation from last this year. Seems that things have shuffled around a bit as I'm aware of at least one fGFA number for 2018 that is outside of the range of numbers they issued for that section for 2017. Not enough data to figure out if it means more GFA runners this time or not, or if they have reduced the number in another section some other way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

It's a no for me so if that's the case.

Same here but I didn't pay anything yet for the ballot so it correctly has 0.00 on it.

Maybe not a good sign though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Same here but I didn't pay anything yet for the ballot so it correctly has 0.00 on it.

Maybe not a good sign though.

I have £39 in mine but that is probably because I chose to donate even if I didn't get a place.

I can't help getting a little excited though!

No email yet and I'm waiting on my bro to confirm post in UK.

RedRunner wrote: »
    I have £39 in mine but that is probably because I chose to donate even if I didn't get a place.

I can't help getting a little excited though!

No email yet and I'm waiting on my bro to confirm post in UK.

It is a very nice top that you get for not getting a place, but by donating your fee.

It is a very nice top that you get for not getting a place, but by donating your fee.

I got a nice one too last year, but i'd rather an entry this year than expanding my wardrobe;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭ooter

Almost a year on and I still haven't got my top from last year, the lad that allowed me to use his UK address ignores my emails and PM's. :(

ooter wrote: »
    Almost a year on and I still haven't got my top from last year, the lad that allowed me to use his UK address ignores my emails and PM's. :(

Yes, it is a nice top. No wonder you haven't heard from him!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

Well the PFO magazine comes with a very nice running top, so the wife is relatively happy with that. Still in with a chance of a place in our club ballot though.

If your wife (an/or you) logs in at https://hub.realbuzzregistrations.com/login/?next=/ can you tell me what it says on the entries tab under "Withdrawal"? I've seen one login with this option:
    If you would like to withdraw from this event, please confirm your decision and click the 'Withdraw' button. Withdrawals must be complete before the event commences.

You will then be sent an email confirming your withdrawal.

Important
    If you do withdraw, you will no longer be able to participate in the event. By selecting and proceeding below you are confirming that you have read and understood the terms and conditions for this event; especially in regards to your withdrawal.

And the another one with just:
    Please contact the event organiser if you wish to withdraw from this event.

Just trying to put 2 and 2 together to see if one message indicates a positive result as both entries haven't heard yet.

Thanks

Still waiting on email, ridiculous in this day and age to be waiting for confirmation. In Chicago and Berlin you just get an email on the day. Talk about dragging it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

If your wife (an/or you) logs in at https://hub.realbuzzregistrations.com/login/?next=/ can you tell me what it says on the entries tab under "Withdrawal"? I've seen one login with this option:

And the another one with just:

Just trying to put 2 and 2 together to see if one message indicates a positive result as both entries haven't heard yet.

Thanks

which one you think is positive ;)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Thank god for the GFA system!!

Advertisement