Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London Marathon 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Entered this today using my brothers address . Used an amazon invoice for books I ordered and he received over the weekend. Have asked him for a utility bill in case they don't accept that. Confirmation Email states that they will let me know by 3rd July of outcome and if they need further detail 5th July is the cutoff for receipt of additional info. July 7th is cut off for payment

• Registered Users Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Subzero3 wrote: »
    Are they normally that quick to respond? Anyone else apply and get a payment request. Just wondering when I should start ringing them lol

Yeah I got mine the following day although they allow up to 7 working days iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Subzero3

Gavlor wrote: »
    Yeah I got mine the following day although they allow up to 7 working days iirc

Cheers, I will wait till Thursday, as I said I got the confirmation email but the website hung when I clicked summit application.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

They have always been super speedy for me, but I've generally had my details submitted before anyone else even realises it's open for applications. Others in the club have waited a bit longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

ooter wrote: »
    I've mentioned it in previous years but I stayed here before the marathon in 2016 and it was fine, tube station only down the road, not cheap but not ridiculously expensive compared to most other London hotels on marathon weekend.
    http://palmerslodges.com/swisscottage/hostel/

Ibis Earls Court €266 for 3 nights for me and the missus, thats €44 each per night. Tube station 200 mtrs away. Have stayed here before. Never a complaint from me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭Gavlor

We stayed here last year, Westminster park plaza. central, close to the finish and right beside the tube station. Pool and sauna was nice after the run! €600 for 2 nights in a triple room with kitchen facilities. Very handy for your pre race breakfast etc

https://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/park-plaza-westminster-bridge.en-gb.html?aid=1288308;label=metagha-link-localuniversalIE-hotel-180016_dev-mobile_los-1_bw-6_dow-Sunday_defdate-1_room-0_lang-en_curr-EUR;sid=981af29d8b48a96f6b01f8de73b628b8;checkin=2018-04-21;checkout=2018-04-23;room1=A%2CA%2CA;ucfs=1;highlighted_blocks=18001602_91465416_0_0_0;srhp=1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Parcel Motel works!!! I just got my acceptance there!

Parcel Motel works!!! I just got my acceptance there!

What day did u apply inuendo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

What day did u apply inuendo

Last Tuesday.

Last Tuesday.

Grand job. Takes a few days so. I attached the pdf of the result certificate from Dublin marathon will that do instead of I link to result

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭ooter

Well that's good to know for future reference, just need to bag a GFA time now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Grand job. Takes a few days so. I attached the pdf of the result certificate from Dublin marathon will that do instead of I link to result
    Yep, I sent them a pdf of the cert, accepted no problems at all.

Yep, I sent them a pdf of the cert, accepted no problems at all.

I got no reply applied Thursday afternoon. Will have to ring them tomorrow I've a feeling it didn't go through with the system hanging.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

ooter wrote: »
    There's a shop that will photo that for you but I can't remember the name of it.

Called into that shop,hopefully it won't be faulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Killerz

I'm in. Looking forward to it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭gucci

I'm in also. Fingers crossed for a solid sensible winter and will be able to give the sub 3 a rattle.
    Good luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭gucci

colin32 wrote: »
    It's extortionate prices to stay in London for Marathon. Some of cheaper hotels are kips
    fixed that for ya...I used to frequently visit London, not so much now, there are no cheap hotels!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

In again!

In also. Long way away but something to look forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

I take it that you guys GFA entries? They haven't started processing they general lottery entries, have they?

• Advertisement

positron wrote: »
    I take it that you guys GFA entries? They haven't started processing they general lottery entries, have they?

It's normally October when the general ballot results are out.

Got my confirmation email:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭cullenswood

gucci wrote: »
    fixed that for ya...I used to frequently visit London, not so much now, there are no cheap hotels!
    What would be a decent area to stay if I planned on AirBnB'ing it for the marathon? No idea of London

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

What would be a decent area to stay if I planned on AirBnB'ing it for the marathon? No idea of London

Are you looking to fly back on Sunday, what airport are you likely to fly to/ from?

If you are making a quick visit with just popping into the Expo last minute and straight back to the airport afterwards then probably look either for somewhere around Docklands or nearer the start such as Greenwich/ Blackheath and look for flights to London City.

If you are staying for pints after and sight seeing/ parkrunning before then you could go mostly anywhere, but nearer the city centre for the finish would be best. You should probably avoid places on train lines directly between the city centre and Greenwich though as that could cause frustration getting to the start line as you may need to back track to the city in order to get a train back out again.

I'm gonna go the Friday till Monday with family. Hilton Edgware road 550euro for 3 or premier inn Kings Cross 480 for 4, 2 adults + 2kids. Breakfast included.

A man might better of going solo to guarantee 😴 sleep. Hopefully the little fella should have all his teeth by then lol

I'm gonna go the Friday till Monday with family. Hilton Edgware road 550euro for 3 or premier inn Kings Cross 480 for 4, 2 adults + 2kids. Breakfast included.

A man might better of going solo to guarantee �� sleep. Hopefully the little fella should have all his teeth by then lol

After this year I'm delighted that we went on the Friday with the toddler. They were kicking off on the first night due to not knowing where they were and very little sleep was had, but then managed to properly tire them out during the day on Saturday and a better nights kip was had once they were more familiar with the room.

Yeah I will like the support, so they will be coming along. Did first marathon in Dublin and they didn't travel up with me. It was the only downer about doing it after the race. Ear plugs and hope for the best. 44 euro entry fee to, not bad at all.

Those who have entered Good For Age you have until this Friday to pay your entry fee or you will loose your place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

All paid up, I'm in. Have to rectify the horror of 2013!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭noelearly

Think I should know this week. Not holding out much hope, did Berlin last week so would like to add to the majors.

Advertisement