Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casefile

Options

Comments

Pidae.m wrote: »
    That's the teachers pet one I'd say

yes. not casefile

the podcast is being credited with bringing back / keeping in focus the story

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-12-06/lynette-dawson-breakthrough-and-teachers-pet-podcast/10586864

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Pidae.m wrote: »
    One of the saddest. Something similar happened here 20 years ago. There is no peace for the family

What was the similar case?

When they were looking for Bradley,
    I thought that Jones fella sounded too good to be true. Sadly, that was the case. What a despicable parasite. I would be amazed if she was still alive. I'd imagine those poor girls have a shelf life and when they don't get customers any more they are disposed of. My god what a horrific way to have a life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭McGrath5

No new episode this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

McGrath5 wrote: »
    No new episode this week?

Week off this week, far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CiaranW

Think they are off to the new year now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

CiaranW wrote: »

Noooooooo! :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Noooooooo! :(

Oh I’m kind of glad, last few weeks were seriously tough listening.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mickoc

CiaranW wrote: »

Dam that.

Audible do a free book when you join. I listened to Paul Holes "Evil has a name". He is the cop that caught the EAR. It's pretty good.

Now I am listening to "West Cork". So far it's very interesting.

He announced last year when they were shutting it down for Christmas. Haven't heard any announcements yet so maybe there's one more in the works before the New Year.

mickoc wrote: »
    Dam that.

Audible do a free book when you join. I listened to Paul Holes "Evil has a name". He is the cop that caught the EAR. It's pretty good.

Now I am listening to "West Cork". So far it's very interesting.

Is West Cork worth a listen? I've no interest in signing up to Audible long term but if I can get a free trail I might give it a go.

• Advertisement

fixxxer wrote: »
    Is West Cork worth a listen? I've no interest in signing up to Audible long term but if I can get a free trail I might give it a go.

I thought West Cork was excellent. Really well researched and presented. Give it a shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

100%. Best podcast I’ve listened to all year. Totally and utterly fcuking bonkers

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mickoc

Is West Cork worth a listen? I've no interest in signing up to Audible long term but if I can get a free trial I might give it a go.

I am only a few chapters in and so far it is really well produced.

Casefile has said a few times you can get your first audiobook free from audible following their link. I got a free month of prime so signed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

It's brilliant. So excellently done. I'm from the area it happened in and still remember it all so clearly. A must listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Another vote here for West Cork. Excellently produced show. As a character study it's completely fascinating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

There is going to be a case released this weekend #103

Thanks everyone, will give it a go so :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Is it called West Cork? Can not find it tia

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

pc7 wrote: »
    Is it called West Cork? Can not find it tia

Its only available through Audible.

Its only available through Audible.

Aw brill thanks will look that up, was going demented searching!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭bobsman

Was an episode meant to be dropped today ??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

bobsman wrote: »
    Was an episode meant to be dropped today ??

yeah it was mentioned a few posts above!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

Case 103: The Gonzales Family is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭bobsman

Thanks folks. That's me sorted tonight !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭IvyTheTerrific

Interesting episode but I found the writing of the narration a bit sloppy... Repetition in the timelines, for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Claiming the prostitute tried to refuse payment because the sex was so good. That’s a classic. Pure Jay from the inbetweeners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭beans

Distinct echos of a previous case, where an Asian-Australian family
    get the chop because one of the kids had issues.

It was an interesting episode , if only to shake your head at the way yer man 'handles' it from the outset. What a dope.

I would happily buy a murder-house at a discount. So long as there's no staining, I wouldn't give a sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

beans wrote: »
    Distinct echos of a previous case, where an Asian-Australian family
    get the chop because one of the kids had issues.

I thought the same myself, in fact I was confusing them throughout.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

Probably the dumbest suspect so far.

Decent episode, but no real mystery. It was very obvious from early on who done it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5z1602

Fast forward to 23:01 to see the
    singing at the funeral.

Advertisement