Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casefile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

I think I might skip this one, as much as I love Casefile.

One of my fav ever ones is the Chantelle & Leela McDougall case...bizarre

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Is this a new one? It’s not showing for me. The lastest on my podcast app is pillow pyro

Is this a new one? It’s not showing for me. The lastest on my podcast app is pillow pyro

Pidae must be a Patreon supporter...think they get first dibs !! The rest of us should be able to listen on saturday :)

Thanks! I remember reading about that case at the time. Very grim. Beautiful girl.

God I found this week’s one a tough listen. Haven’t cried listening to a Casefile since Daniel Morcombe but I found myself welling up for Becky. So senseless and pointless. Poor thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

That's exactly it... Senseless and pointless

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

And preventable

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭bobsman

Awful case. I find it hard to believe the step brother never showed signs of this dangerous behaviour in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Spoiler alerts please

• Registered Users Posts: 14,394 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Yeah, brutal case this week.

• Advertisement

The Beaumont children 110 minutes

There's actually very little advantage to been a patreon supporter. You just get the early release and AMA which aren't great.
    There is an update pod once a month which is good.
    Annoyomus was saying actually once about how they've been working on on particular episode for nearly a year and it's not finished yet, looking forward to whatever it is.

Pidae.m wrote: »
    The Beaumont children 110 minutes

Thought Casefile covered that one?? I know loads of podcasts have. A bizarre case.

This weeks is brilliant. Wonderfully written. What an awful story.

Just awful.
    Nearly as bad as the abductors are the “psychics” trying to get their spoke in and make a name for themselves, and every other asshole who sent letters pretending to be the children and those who sent the family on a wild goose chase around Australia. No humanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,394 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Tough one this week for sure. I'd never heard of the case before.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Usually avoid kiddie ones, but listened and couldn’t stop them. Just heartbreaking for all concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

It will never cease to amaze me just how many callous scumbags are prepared to take the ultimate misfortune of parents to engage in hoaxes or use tragedies like this for their own amusement.
    Infuriating listening to the sheer amount of that kind of thing involved in cases such as this.

The Beamiount parents are still alive. In their 90s. How they survived, ill never know

• Registered Users Posts: 5,292 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

That Beaumont one is really tough to listen to. Gotta feel for the parents, and the callous scumbags that sent them those letters should be beaten to a pulp.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

bobsman wrote: »
    The Beamiount parents are still alive. In their 90s. How they survived, ill never know

Id say hope stopped them from killing themselves, the quote from the dad that death would be better :( horrific story

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    That Beaumont one is really tough to listen to. Gotta feel for the parents, and the callous scumbags that sent them those letters should be beaten to a pulp.

it was a teenage boy who sent them the letter about meeting them in the place to reunite - awful but he was very young when he did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

New episode out sian kingi, there's some horrible people out there

Fcuking awful. So senseless. What kind of people are we sharing the world with at all

Fcuking awful. So senseless. What kind of people are we sharing the world with at all

This. I despair sometimes. Some of these podcasts, I'm really not able to listen to at all :confused:

I don't usually listen to kiddie ones but have listened to the last two weeks and really think I'll take a break. Jesus some of the things families go through just don't bear thinking about. Hopefully casefile does another show like Silk Road for a break from the seriously depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭McGrath5

I feel they could do with a maybe a 3 parter.

I'd always be interested to hear their take on the Zodiac killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭CiaranW

Yeah, that would be a really good one.
    Or Ted Bundy.

I loved the 3 part Yorkshire Ripper episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Any of the 3 parters were brilliant. The toy box wasn't that long ago, so I doubt we'll get one for a while. Big list of interesting subjects too, add Jeffery Dahmar to the list.

• Advertisement

Bernie Madoff would make a good one also imo but has been covered in other podcasts

Advertisement