Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casefile

Options
1474849505153»

Comments

I am listening to it. Initially I wasn't gonna bother, but Casefile has such a unique way of handling things. Needs to be remembered too that it's an Australian podcast so the case, while very famous, still wouldn't be at Britain's level down under (some are saying on social media that they weren't aware of the case).

It was the same after the winter break last year - a four-part Zodiac episode. Felt a bit surprised that they were covering such a well known case, but it was SO good.

The same with the Wests - it's excellent. Sometimes it's in the way the story is told, not just the story itself. Casefile is first-class at storytelling.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

I lost interest big time last year after the zodiac series and havent really gone back to it since.

Better living everyone

I know this one. Horrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Just listened to it there. Hadn't been aware of it before. Beggars belief.

So much evil in the world. If that were Texas and they got the death penalty, how perfect.

• Advertisement

Been thinking more about the criticism. Since its early days, Casefile has always featured very well known cases: Moors, Huntley, Dennis Nilsen, Sutcliffe, the Golden State killer, Jonestown; massive cases in its own Oz - Ivan Milat, Lindy Chamberlain wrongful conviction, the Beaumont children, Peter Falconio, Martin Bryant, the Somerton man, Snowtown...

Along with less well known (but not obscure) cases, and the unknown ones, which are the most interesting because they're new to most listeners, but that's always been the mixture... so I'm not sure where the critics are coming from.

Oh my god, this one is heartbreaking.

Evil. 😢😡

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

My jaw nearly hit the floor when they played that 911 call, didn't see that coming at all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

I thought it was disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭TipsyMcStagge

What a horrible selfish evil piece of sh1t she truly is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

I haven't listened to this in ages. I'll have to start listening again. I used to love it, but some of the episodes became very convoluted and confusing and hard to follow, and also a little boring, as if they were running out of good cases. The standard of their, once high, storytelling seemed to be diminishing, so I gave up and discovered other podcasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,344 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I hadn't listened to it in ages, but I went back and binged a few recentish ones: Cari Farver, Carol Hilley - insane stuff - Rudolph Rupp.

Turns out it can still produce the goods, depending on the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I hadn't listened to Casefile since Case 235: House of Horrors (Fred & Rose West) which was about a year ago. I noticed that they did Meredith Kercher (Case 270) a few weeks ago. I thought it was really good (but I must admit that I do tend to enjoy the more infamous cases than the lesser known ones)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭G1032

Not gonna be a popular opinion on this thread but tried to listen to one of these Casefile episodes (Zodiac part 1) but yer mans voice is impossible to listen to imo. Had to turn it off after 25 minutes. Pity, because no doubt the content is excellent.

Advertisement