Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casefile

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Absolutely barking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭2ygb4cmqetsjhx

This is why the authoritarian parenting exhibited in Asia pisses me off so much. It get's you killed! Jennifer Pan was even more nuts. But I really wish parents would learn, to allow their children to live their lives. My wife is from Taiwan and she was controlled for her whole life. Now her parents wonder why she wants to live in Europe so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

There is another episode this weekend, think it might be Jill Meaghar.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

God that was so tragic, think I’ll skip it til new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Listened to the Katherine Knight case on Gen Why last night.. jaysis, I'm not the better for it :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

Listened to the Katherine Knight case on Gen Why last night.. jaysis, I'm not the better for it :eek:

Ah, the stew lady! One of the cases that stuck with me. The reports from the officers attending the scene gave me the horribles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

Golden state killer case made me constantly check the latches on my windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

beans wrote: »
    Ah, the stew lady! One of the cases that stuck with me. The reports from the officers attending the scene gave me the horribles.

How the fook could the officers recover from that???? horrific

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Think it’s time they did another 5 parter

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

Halfway through today's episode.
    This guy is 16, right? Maybe I've just always been naturally sceptical/suspicious - but Jesus, I don't ever remember being that gullible, even in my first ever ventures into chatrooms as a 12 year old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Fcuking bonkers. What kind of a disordered mind can even concoct such a thing. Lot of freaks in the world.
    I agree on how unbelievably gulible he was but it’s probably more of a reflection on what a master manipulator that guy was. I’m sure he looks back now and can’t believe he ever fell for it but you’re never too old to be duped

I’m currently reading I’ll Be Gone in the Dark, by Michelle Mc Namara. It’s about the east area rapist. She dedicated years to the case and writing the book and then died two months before he was caught. Her family finished the book for her. Great read.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

I coincidentally had just listened to the same case (John and mark) on the 'they walk among us ' podcast. Case file did a much better job of it . He tells a much more compelling story. I've yet to find a podcast that compares as well to case file.

The presenters voices either make me turn off 2 minutes in or the pace is too slow and drawn out. The casefile host actually recommended one which I started last night (missing alissa) and whilst the presenters voice isn't bad....The amount of adds throughout is ridiculous. 3 at least within a 35 minute episode.

Casefile rules

What a bizarre case this week. I’d never heard of it. Was glad it was a little different.

Merry Christmas casefile fans, one thing listening especially at this time of year makes me realise how lucky I am and to hold my smallies tight. Daniel Morcombes families and others come to
    mind and how hard it must be for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,257 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Halfway through the "John & Mark" episode and how the hell can anyone be so gullible? Crazy!

Hope all you Casefilers have a great 2019! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,251 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Anyone listen to the Q&A episode? Nothing amazing, but weird hearing Casey talk about normal stuff.

Cienciano wrote: »
    Anyone listen to the Q&A episode? Nothing amazing, but weird hearing Casey talk about normal stuff.

Yeah I enjoyed it! Nice to get a bit more background about the dude behind the mic. I think its cool that he's anonymous.

Yeah I enjoyed it, his voice is different when he’s just relaxed and chatting. Amazing they are getting a million listens a week. I’ve been listening to Canadian true crime over the holidays, starting to enjoy it if you haven’t tried it .

for the casefile break - find this podcast to be pretty good. as a bonus haven't come across an ad so far.

"Assassinations"

https://www.assassinationspodcast.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Halfway through the "John & Mark" episode and how the hell can anyone be so gullible? Crazy!

Listened to that today, very entertaining in a perverse way, did not predict that ending. Wow. Great case.

• Advertisement

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    Listened to that today, very entertaining in a perverse way, did not predict that ending. Wow. Great case.

Actually ended up feeling a bit sorry for "Mark", but Jesus, that "John" kid was seriously messed up. Interesting story though!

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Actually ended up feeling a bit sorry for "Mark", but Jesus, that "John" kid was seriously messed up. Interesting story though!

he has a future in fiction writing surely!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Also for those looking for something over the break, check out broken harts.

Crazy story about a seemingly perfect family where the parents/guardians one day drove the whole family off a cliff in California, that's only the tip of the iceberg thou.

Great production too which is half the battle for me in finding a podcast I like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Listened to the moors murders 3 parter again over Christmas, very interesting, they were sick.

Listening to Jennifer Pan now, a good listen.

I liked the interview with the host but felt some of his answers were frustratingly vague. Favourite episode? All of them. Hardest one to record? All of them.. etc etc..
    There has to be at least one he connected with more than others.. I would liked to have heard more about that side of things instead of “what’s your opinion on vegemite” gibberish.
    Also a lot of repetition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

I liked the interview with the host but felt some of his answers were frustratingly vague. Favourite episode? All of them. Hardest one to record? All of them.. etc etc..
    There has to be at least one he connected with more than others.. I would liked to have heard more about that side of things instead of “what’s your opinion on vegemite” gibberish.

Yeah I felt this too. I mean some were blatantly more harrowing than others. He wouldn't even commit to saying something as generic as 'the cases involving kids were harder to do'. He kept repeating variations of the same question ... yet not answering them at all really. He kept going back to how sometimes the pronunciations when he's doing a foreign story were difficult. When that wasn't really what ppl were asking when they referred to 'hard to do'.

Personally the ones that bother me most are the ones with kids who seem to just be so unlucky and go from being abused by someone ... only to move on and be abused by someone else and so on and so on. The thought that there are so many evil people in the world that see a child and think anything but the thought to protect. It's heartbreaking.

The host was so vague in his answers he needn't have bothered.

was pretty crap alright.

the only interesting thing was his shocking taste in music.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,251 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Hardcore History and JRE, at least his taste in podcasts is good

• Registered Users Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

I too am halfway through it.

Is it April Fools day or something cos it's nuts.

• Advertisement

Cienciano wrote: »
    Hardcore History and JRE, at least his taste in podcasts is good

Predictable "cool" answers though.

Advertisement