Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Soarer wrote: »
    Lads, get on the Interlude if ye haven't already.

The 10ml would probably last ye until next Christmas!

10ml would nearly do a year!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,880 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

hi pat

can that one be sent via an post? in 10ml

Cyrus wrote: »
    hi pat

can that one be sent via an post? in 10ml
    Interlude? Sure, no problem. Will I put you down for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

Creed received with thanks!

Quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,880 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Interlude? Sure, no problem. Will I put you down for that?

yes please do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Lads, get on the Interlude if ye haven't already.

The 10ml would probably last ye until next Christmas!

Yep Interlude is boss and one spray is plenty!! Opus VI is great too, similar vein albeit less smokey and a bit warmer. Ideal for winter.

Testament1 wrote: »
    Yep Interlude is boss and one spray is plenty!! Opus VI is great too, similar vein albeit less smokey and a bit warmer. Ideal for winter.

Journey - being split currently - is also very good. Lyric is also available, but is definitely a niche choice.

I've got 10ml left of each of the following:
    Amouage Interlude
    Amouage Journey
    Amouage Figment (NB: unusual!)
    Tiziana Terenzi Laudano Nero

All serious heavy hitters! Want them done and gone - if anyone wants to take all four, they can have them for €75, instead of the €86.50 list. Available in glass bottles as usual, or also in plastic bottles via An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,755 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I've got 10ml left of each of the following:
    Amouage Interlude
    Amouage Journey
    Amouage Figment (NB: unusual!)
    Tiziana Terenzi Laudano Nero

All serious heavy hitters! Want them done and gone - if anyone wants to take all four, they can have them for €75, instead of the €86.50 list. Available in glass bottles as usual, or also in plastic bottles via An Post.

I’ll take em pat. Pm me how I pay please

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

Three bottles received today, many thanks Pat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

ought left at all?:o

Rjd2 wrote: »
    ought left at all?:o

Plenty left don't worry! Those 10mls were just handy to get done so I can clear those bottles out.

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Put me down for Aventus if available please

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Any Black Friday deals? ;)

Put me down for two barrels of aventus :)

Any Black Friday deals? ;)

You missed last night's one! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭writhen

Got mine Padraig. thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

If possible I'll take a Creed Aventus, If not possible in this batch stick me down for the next if there is one please.

Ok I got my hands on some authentic creed Aventus ;). It’s extremely similar to the bottle I thought was a dud so I’m pretty sure I wasn’t duped. Not identical but I’m sure different batches are a little different surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭mrm

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Question for all the experts,
    I went a bit mad spending a bought a bottle of creed Aventus and green Irish tweed from eBay. Big money.
    Green Irish tweed is LOVELY but not impressed by Aventus at all. I’m wondering if I was sold a dud. How would I know?

Dtp1979, this has occurred on thread previously - someone thinking that they had received a 'dud' (actually it was some fool questioning the authenticity of Pats split:eek:) bottle of Aventus.

2 common themes within online discussions around Aventus are:
    1. Differences in performance across the various batches (with each probably eventually becoming the greatest ever).
    2. Apparently Aventus performs 'better/ stronger' over time - leave it for a while and come back to it to ('perceive'?) it performing better.

I would be in the same boat as you (apart from having big money to spend on a fragrance:) #Patsaves) - love GIT; find Aventus relatively* poor. (you could probably wait a while to see and still get the cost back throwing it back up on ebay)

* It is quite a nice fragrance, but many of Pats other offerings are waaaaay better - it is the bottle in my collection at the back of the drawer seeing the light of day rarely. It always surprises me when individuals order Aventus off Pat on its own, without trying out some of the other offerings - particularly at the price he is providing them at. I suppose different noses for different folkses!

• Advertisement

Hey Pat / folks

Can any of yee recommend two fragrances?

Have aventus and love it. So does herself!

Would it like to get something different for Xmas.

Soulsun wrote: »
    Hey Pat / folks

Can any of yee recommend two fragrances?

Have aventus and love it. So does herself!

Would it like to get something different for Xmas.

Green Irish tweed.

mrm wrote: »
    Dtp1979, this has occurred on thread previously - someone thinking that they had received a 'dud' (actually it was some fool questioning the authenticity of Pats split:eek:) bottle of Aventus.

2 common themes within online discussions around Aventus are:
    1. Differences in performance across the various batches (with each probably eventually becoming the greatest ever).
    2. Apparently Aventus performs 'better/ stronger' over time - leave it for a while and come back to it to ('perceive'?) it performing better.

I would be in the same boat as you (apart from having big money to spend on a fragrance:) #Patsaves) - love GIT; find Aventus relatively* poor. (you could probably wait a while to see and still get the cost back throwing it back up on ebay)

* It is quite a nice fragrance, but many of Pats other offerings are waaaaay better - it is the bottle in my collection at the back of the drawer seeing the light of day rarely. It always surprises me when individuals order Aventus off Pat on its own, without trying out some of the other offerings - particularly at the price he is providing them at. I suppose different noses for different folkses!

God I wasn’t questioning pats stuff. I’ve purchased others off pat. Absolute gentleman and a pleasure to deal with. I’ll give Aventus another chance. I think the fact that green Irish tweed was so impressive to me that it kinda took from Aventus. Each to their own n all that I guess. On your advice, I’ll get it time

At the end of the day, it's an 'each to their own' situation with fragrances. A lot of people like Aventus, but not everyone does! Kinda like how everyone here seems to like Tom Ford Oud Wood.....except me! To me it smells of celery (and I ****ing hate celery); now I doubt it actually smells like that, it just seems like that to me because perception varies from person to person. So, while most people like Aventus, there are no doubt a few who dislike their perception of the smell, or who smell it 'normally', but it just ain't for them! What is not in doubt with Aventus though is that it is often perceived much more strongly by those around the wearer, than the wearer themselves - i.e. the wearer thinks it's gone, but they're actually still pumping it out. In terms of batch variation - I don't really buy it, not since ~2015. That's contrary to a lot of what you'll hear online, but I do believe it's very much an emperor's new clothes situation. DTP: in terms of the slight difference you noted, I often notice a little difference between bottles of the same fragrance (speaking generally, not just Aventus) in the initial moments after application which I'd put down to temperature or similar variable.

I'm somewhat in mrm's boat - I like Aventus (been rocking it for over three years at this stage), but I don't wear it very often - maybe once a fortnight. Individual circumstances do of course vary but I would regard it as perhaps being a bit loud for an office environment. And, given my accelerating wizening, it's maybe a bit young for me these days! Having said that, if - for whatever reason - I want to wear something that will be *noticed* (as opposed to something more restrained) and is cool, I may very well reach for it. Excellent for a big night out, but I don't have them too often LOL!

Soulsun: recommendations are difficult because - as above - it's different strokes for different folks! GIT has been mentioned and is exceptionally clean and versatile; perfect office wear and just about everywhere else too. It's the second most popular frag I do (albeit a distant second from Aventus) so that says something. I have a flacon due Monday and have one 50ml slot left. Personally, I prefer Creed's newer Viking, which I wear more than probably anything else. It's not as immediately attention grabbing as Aventus, or fresh and clean as GIT but, like GIT, it is hugely versatile - I'd struggle to think of any situation it wouldn't work in. Scent wise, it's warmer and richer than either Aventus or GIT; to my mind it also pitches a bit more mature than Aventus anyway (I'd put GIT as pretty ageless) - personal opinion obviously but I see it suiting 30+ best. Of course, there's a whole world outside Creed there as well! Tom Ford has plenty of good stuff - Tuscan Leather is a legend (I'd never be without a bottle of this or other similar leather) but I don't have any ATM. Italian Cypress is a solid offering too.

Thanks for the comprehensive reply Padraig... given the time of the evening also lol
    Let me digest this..

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭mrm

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    God I wasn’t questioning pats stuff. I’ve purchased others off pat. Absolute gentleman and a pleasure to deal with. I’ll give Aventus another chance. I think the fact that green Irish tweed was so impressive to me that it kinda took from Aventus. Each to their own n all that I guess. On your advice, I’ll get it time

Ah no Dtp1979, I wasn't implying that you were questioning Pats stuff (seeing in this case you didn't actually receive it from him). Just pointing out that, as Pat stated, fragrances are an 'each to their own' product
    and also affected by variables such as temperature/ skin chemistry/ hydration level/ coffee intake?, leading to some discussions online with contributors believing their bottles to be duds - seems to be related to aventus more than most. Aventus seems to be a strange one - beast mode for some; a skin scent for others.

@Soulsun, to compliment the lack of versatility of Aventus I would recommend the very versatile Terre d'Hermes EDT or Creed Spice and Wood. I would also get something for special/ classy occasions such as Interlude Man or Oud Wood. And everyone needs a leather scent - Tuscan leather. And of course an office scent - YSL Rive Gauche/ Penhaligons Sartorial. And a weekend scent - Dior Farenheit. Those two would be my recommendations:)

If you literally want one 'for' Christmas that would be TF Tobacco Vanille - Christmas in a bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

Hey Pat, the sample of Green Irish Tweed you sent me has me sold.

Do you have any slots open, or when do you think you'll have it again (or more to the point, when could I expect to have my hands on 50ml!)...?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭furiousox

Just looking for some advice/opinions on how best to apply Aventus?
    From Pat's bottle I spray twice onto my left palm, rub my hands together and apply to my cheeks, neck, and hair.
    Is this acceptable procedure?

CPL 593H

furiousox wrote: »
    Just looking for some advice/opinions on how best to apply Aventus?
    From Pat's bottle I spray twice onto my left palm, rub my hands together and apply to my cheeks, neck, and hair.
    Is this acceptable procedure?

I wasn’t aware there was a way!

• Advertisement

As to application, whatever works for someone, works! For me, I usually go for 1 or two to the chest, one to the back of the neck, and one to the wrists / back of hands. Depends on sprayers too - some put out a lot more than others! Those on my 25/30/50ml bottles put out a relatively low volume so keep going! Thanks to the enquiries of a member here, I've confirmed that the new plastic 12ml bottles actually have beast mode sprayers so don't overdo it.

mrm wrote: »
    @Soulsun, to compliment the lack of versatility of Aventus I would recommend the very versatile Terre d'Hermes EDT or Creed Spice and Wood. I would also get something for special/ classy occasions such as Interlude Man or Oud Wood. And everyone needs a leather scent - Tuscan leather. And of course an office scent - YSL Rive Gauche/ Penhaligons Sartorial. And a weekend scent - Dior Farenheit. Those two would be my recommendations:)

Solid recommendation there on the Terre d'Hermes - a great, great frag whatever the concentration. I don't have any of the EdT / Parfum available at the moment but it can be found reasonably priced online (EdT anyway). I will be doing the new Eau Intense Vetiver variant in spring. Spice and Wood is the king as far as I'm concerned but there's no avoiding the fact that it's bloody expensive (250ml bottle is $1000+ in the US!), and unavailable from me currently.

Advertisement