Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Probably the wrong time of the year, but will you be getting Bergamot Soleil back in at some stage Pat ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Probably the wrong time of the year, but will you be getting Bergamot Soleil back in at some stage Pat ?

Maybe/hopefully - we'll see how it goes. I'm definitely doing Trefle Pur by the same crowd (Atelier Cologne) for summer (on the way to me already!).

Creed
    Aventus for Her: payment requests out. Being ordered shortly.
    Green Irish Tweed: payment requests out. Being ordered shortly.
    Both still have a few slots available. I don't expect to be getting any more of either before Christmas, so if you're thinking of either get your name down!

Viking: I'd like to order this before Christmas but need a few more names. If you're considering it, let me know.
    Aventus: I'll be ordering again in a little while. This may or may not be the last one before Christmas - speak up if you definitely want one before then.

New stuff
    I have a few single bottles of new stuff on the way, with varying amounts available in each - will list them next week.

Sample service
    Providing there's enough interest, I'm hoping to do a group order to www.scentsamples.uk.com in a few weeks. The way I'd expect it to work is you pick out samples that you want, send me the cost of those (no charge from me) and I'll order the lot. I'll include them with any box due to go out for free, or ship them separately via An Post for €4.30. It'll probably work best for those looking for a small number of samples, or having them included in a box; separate orders of a few samples would probably be easier for you to just use Parcel Motel etc. I'm not quite ready to do this yet so don't send orders yet, but if you'd like me to specifically let you know when I'm doing it, just let me know. If it proves popular, I might do it on a regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bigronnie9

Hi Pat,
    First time ordering, can you put me down for an Aventus please?

PM sent

New stuff?!? .... you're breaking my heart here Pat :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bada Bing Boy

I feel your pain Mookie��

Must stop buying.... but

I'll take a bottle of Green Irish Tweed��

New stuff?!? .... you're breaking my heart here Pat :)
    LOL. Don't worry, it's not break the bank stuff. Mostly 10/30ml splits of stuff I couldn't resist getting as price / quality ratio was great, or I'd been asked for it. Amouage / Xerjoff / Tiziana Terenzi is msot/all of it IIRC.

I feel your pain Mookie��

Must stop buying.... but

I'll take a bottle of Green Irish Tweed��
    No problem. BTW IIRC you (I think) were looking for more MFK Baccarat Rouge 540? I have my eye on doing it again, but not before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bada Bing Boy

Yeah I was looking for more of the MFK 540, after Christmas is fine. No panic.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Hey Pat, I'll take bottle of Green Irish Tweed whenever you have any. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Munjo

Hi Pat, could I get a bottle of aventus please

• Advertisement

Munjo wrote: »
    Hi Pat, could I get a bottle of aventus please

Sure, you're on the list for the next flacon. Payment requests coming before the end of this week; delivery ETA by early December.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭padre78

Hi Pat, can you put me down for some aventus as well please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Jesus Pat you must have a serious markup on the aul Aventus! :pac:

PjV3xO8.png

padre78 wrote: »
    Hi Pat, can you put me down for some aventus as well please?
    Sure, payment requests coming soon for next flacon, delivery ETA ~4th December.
    Testament1 wrote: »
    Jesus Pat you must have a serious markup on the aul Aventus! :pac:
    I'd say that's definitely genuine LOL! Funny, I've been looking on and off for a while at using different 50ml bottles (as the ones I use are $$$); I actually came across rip off Creed bottles on AliExpress. Briefly considered them until I realised the logo actually spelled CREEE or something!

• Subscribers Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Stick with your current bottles Pat as they add a touch of class to your product and look great on a shelf.
    Or at least have a cheaper option if people wanted it but for me current all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭Naos

Bottle of aventus here as well Pat!

While I have purchased before, just wondering what is the shelf life on the aftershaves before the scent starts to fade?

(If it lasts a while might grab the Tom Ford Iralian Cypress and the Colonia leather, I think you can put four in a box for P&P right?)

TCP/IP wrote: »
    Stick with your current bottles Pat as they add a touch of class to your product and look great on a shelf.
    Or at least have a cheaper option if people wanted it but for me current all the way.
    Yes, they're nice alright. BTW further to a previous post I enquired a bit and had it unofficially confirmed that Roja Parfums (prices for whose stuff mostly starts at ~ €400) use the same bottles for some of their fragrances as I do! I've seriously looked into getting bell jar type bottles from elsewhere - they're nice and company is legit but the communications (or lack thereof) didn't fill me with confidence so, for the time being, cubes it is!
    Naos wrote: »
    Bottle of aventus here as well Pat!

While I have purchased before, just wondering what is the shelf life on the aftershaves before the scent starts to fade?

(If it lasts a while might grab the Tom Ford Iralian Cypress and the Colonia leather, I think you can put four in a box for P&P right?)
    No problem; will email you. Shelf life varies depending on storage but you can expect a couple of years minimum I would think, if not a lot longer. Sticking them on a bright, hot window shelf will not do longevity nearly as many favours as keeping them in a dark press etc! I would also think that 'fresher', citrus / fruity scents would have their top notes fade quicker than heavy, amber- types. Still looking at years though.

Payment requests for next Aventus flacon going out tonight - two slots left. Also have one GIT slot left, three Aventus for Her (both on the way to me), and ~5 Viking.

Updated 13/11/18 :

As well as the new stuff below, I have the following available in hand as of 13/11/2018:

Tom Ford - Italian Cypress: Last few bottles of this discontinued classic left @ €69 / 50ml - almost certainly the cheapest you'll find this (by far) worldwide. RRP €188.
    Creed - Aventus: Three slots left, deliveries early December.
    Creed - Green Irish Tweed: One slot left, on the way.
    Creed - Aventus for Her: Three slots left, on the way.
    Hermes - Eau d'Orange Verte EdC[/b]: one 50ml bottle left at a super cheap €28.
    Amouage - Myths: Two x 10ml left @ €26.
    Amouage - Figment: Last 10ml left @ €23.
    Atelier Cologne - Tobacco Nuit: 50ml left of this cosy scent @ E33.50/54 for 25/50ml. RRP E95 / 30ml. 50ml available in original 200ml bottle if wanted.
    Acqua di Parma - Colonia Leather: Last 30ml bottle left @ E48. Rates as high as Tuscan Leather.
    Yves Saint Laurent: two x 10ml left of this classy fragrance @ E11.50 / 10ml.
    Frederic Malle - Monsieur: Last 10ml left of this uber masculine serious juice.
    Frederic Malle - Portrait of a Lady: Last 10ml left of this heavy rose female scent.
    M. Micallef - Avant Garde: 40ml left @ €15/41 for 10/30ml.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

**New fragrances**

AMOUAGE
    466019.jpg

Journey *in hand*
    I had heard this was controversial, but to me it seems like classic Amouage - heavy / incense / smoke / pepper - think Epic meets Honour. RRP €230 / 50ml.
    €23 for 10ml. Only one left.
    .......................................................................................................................................

Lyric *on the way*
    An unusal Amouage, this is rose dominant (but is a male scent) and takes a bit of swagger to pull off. RRP €230 / 50ml.
    €22.50 for 10ml. 40ml left to allocate.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

XERJOFF
    466020.jpg

Ivory Route *gone*
    I split a bottle of this very recently. When it arrived, just one sniff and I knew I had to get another! Excellent stuff, with a touch of Ambre 114 by Histoires de Parfums (for those that know it), or like a lighter Amouage Interlude (for those unfamiliar with the HdP). RRP €175 / 50ml.
    €22 for 10ml. 40ml left.
    .......................................................................................................................................

Zefiro *on the way*
    Smoky incense with spices and woods. RRP €200 / 100ml.
    €16 / 42.50 for 10 / 30ml. Ludricuously low price!

TIZIANA TERENZI
    Tiziana-Terenzi-Laudano-Nero.jpg
    Laudano Nero *in hand*
    Ultra dense smoky wood goodness - read mrm's excellent review hereto get a feel. RRP €160 / 100ml.
    €17.50 for 10ml. 20ml left.

SAMPLE SERVICE
    Coming soon - bulk sample orders from scentsamples.uk.com!

Other stuff

TOM FORD
    NM-21BZ_mu.jpg
    Italian Cypress *in hand*
    Regarded by many as among the very best of Tom Ford's Private Blend line, this green / wood / smoke mix has been discontinued for a few years and is now very hard to find. RRP €188 / 50ml (although I've seen €300+ asked on eBay).
    €69 / 50ml - this is a really good deal! Last few bottles - when it's gone, it's gone and won't be coming back.

CREED
    464668.jpg

Aventus for Her (women) – *on the way*
    Does this really need an introduction? Female spin off of the Aventus titan - to me it smells like the original with added rose. RRP €160 / 30ml or €274 / 75ml.
    €93 / 50ml. Three bottles left.

Viking - open split
    As the ‘difficult second album’ following Aventus, Viking was always going to get a rough ride – and so it proved. Now approaching a year on release, the dust has settled and the tide has turned – Viking is now getting a LOT of praise, and I have got excellent feedback from buyers. It’s perhaps easy to see why it was initially criticised – it doesn’t have a burst of immediate, distinct, playfulness like Aventus, but it’s proving its worth as a very versatile, gently spiced fragrance that exudes quality. Definitely a tad more mature than Aventus, it’s more suited to a 30+ age group. RRP €210 / 50ml.
    €89 / 50ml. ~5 slots left.

FREDERIC MALLE *gone*

ATELIER COLOGNE
    375x500.35381.jpg
    Tobacco Nuit *in hand*
    If you find that Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille is too sickly sweet for you, this may be the solution. The sweet vanilla is dialled back leaving the focus on realistic pipe tobacco and tobacco flower. Warm and rich, but not overly sweet. RRP €95 / 30ml.
    €33.50 / 54 for 25 / 50ml. A really good price given the RRP. 50ml left. 50ml portion available in original 200ml bottle if wanted.

YVES SAINT LAURENT *gone*

CREED
    457459.jpg

Aventus
    €81 / 50ml. More coming very soon - 3 slots left.

GREEN IRISH TWEED *on the way*
    €77 / 50ml. One slot left.

M. MICALLEF
    458442.jpg

Avant Garde **in hand**
    Tobacco is the mostly commonly cited reference here, but it's sweetened (but not to the level of, say, TF Tobacco Vanaille) with tonka and cacao. Gets good reviews - I've seen comparisons drawn with Parfums de Marly's Herod, but haven't actually smelled that so can't confirm.
    €15 / €41 for 10 / 30ml. RRP €95 / 30ml. 40ml left.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JimmyAlfonso

Hi Pat,

Been a lurker here for a while. Can you put me down for a few if you have availability.

Aventus
    Acqua di Parma - Colonia Leather

Paul

Another delivery from Pat this morning...as usual, everything packed to perfection....tried the Tom Ford Italian Cypress at work and it's a damn fine scent.
    Have a few bottles of others to try this evening when I'm home ....by the fire ;)

Thanks Pat, I can't stress how much I appreciate your service and the effort you put in, well done!

• Advertisement

Hi Pat,

Been a lurker here for a while. Can you put me down for a few if you have availability.

Aventus
    Acqua di Parma - Colonia Leather

Paul
    Sure, PM coming your way. That's the last of the Leather now.

Another delivery from Pat this morning...as usual, everything packed to perfection....tried the Tom Ford Italian Cypress at work and it's a damn fine scent.
    Have a few bottles of others to try this evening when I'm home ....by the fire ;)

Thanks Pat, I can't stress how much I appreciate your service and the effort you put in, well done!

Ah shucks, cheers Mookie! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Fukk sake.

I'll take the 2no. Malle 10ml, and a bottle of the Italian Cyprus.

Bloody bloomin' flip.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Giggernaut

Hi Pat,

Package arrived today in all its secured glory.

Can you put me down for 2 x 10ml Ivory Route. It's bloody amazing juice. I need to have more in reserve :cool:

Lock it in please pal,

Great service,
    Gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Looking forward to the sample service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Hi Pat,

Latest delivery of juice arrived today, Italian Cyprus. Everything A1 as expected.
    Thanks for a great service!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭Naos

No problem; will email you. Shelf life varies depending on storage but you can expect a couple of years minimum I would think, if not a lot longer. Sticking them on a bright, hot window shelf will not do longevity nearly as many favours as keeping them in a dark press etc! I would also think that 'fresher', citrus / fruity scents would have their top notes fade quicker than heavy, amber- types. Still looking at years though.

Cheers Pat - just responded! And to confirm I will take all three. Thanks!

Following all gone:
    Malle Monsieur
    Malle Portrait
    YSL M7 Oud
    Ivory Route
    Surprised there's not more interest in the Zefiro - it's a low, low price.

Soarer wrote: »
    Fukk sake.

I'll take the 2no. Malle 10ml, and a bottle of the Italian Cyprus.

Bloody bloomin' flip.
    You missed the Portrait so you can relax on that front! Others good, will drop you a line.
    Giggernaut wrote: »
    Hi Pat,

Package arrived today in all its secured glory.

Can you put me down for 2 x 10ml Ivory Route. It's bloody amazing juice. I need to have more in reserve :cool:

Lock it in please pal,

Great service,
    Gigs
    Gorgeous stuff - 20ml yours and that's it gone. Emailed.
    Skuxx wrote: »
    Hi Pat,

Latest delivery of juice arrived today, Italian Cyprus. Everything A1 as expected.
    Thanks for a great service!
    Yeah, the Cypress is really classic manly stuff - no unisex juice here!
    Passenger wrote: »
    Looking forward to the sample service.
    I actually meant to do this a few times and kept forgetting! Hoping to get the show on the road next week or so; had intended to do it in time to include samples in current round of boxes but was not to be....

Provisional 2019 stuff looks like this if you want to see if samples are available:

Acqua di Parma - Cedro di Taormina
    Atelier Cologne - Philtre Ceylan
    Atelier Cologne - Trefle Pur**
    Atelier Cologne - Bergamote Soleil*
    Atelier Cologne - Oud Saphir**
    Cire Trudon - Mortel
    Creed - Vetiver Geranium
    Creed - Original Vetiver*
    Creed - Virgin Island Water*
    Frederic Malle - Musc Ravageur*
    Guerlain - Vetiver Extreme**
    Guerlain - Habit Rouge EdT**
    Heeley - Sel Marin
    Heeley - Menthe Fraiche
    Hermes - Terre d'Hermes Eau Intense Vetiver**
    Maison Francis Kurkdjian - Acqua Vitae
    Maison Francis Kurkdjian - Baccarat Rouge 540 EdP**
    Mancera - The Aoud**
    Montale - Oudmazing*
    Narciso Rodriguez - For Him EdP*
    Profumum Roma - Acqua e Zucchero
    Stephane Humbert Lucas - 777 Soleil de Jeddah**
    Tiziana Terenzi - XIX March**
    Tom Ford - Rive d'Ambre
    Tom Ford - Oud Wood Intense
    Xerjoff - Renaissance**

* = very likely to be split, or will definitely be listed but will require quite a few names to go ahead.
    ** = definitely happening.

Seems like a lot, but a lot of these will be single ~100ml bottle only.

Got the Senteurs Gourmandes - double pack: 10ml each of Vanille de la Reunion and Amber Oud from Pat a week or two ago.
    Herself commandeered the Vanille! She sprayed it, thought it was ok, and that evening it was on her dresser! Ah well.
    The Amber oud is nice. Can't put my finger on why, but it just is. Not to her nose though! I gave her a smell and she said "it smells like cat's piss!". She's only ever said that once before, and that was for Tom Ford's Oud Wood! I don't think she likes oud!

Whoops, forgot I also have some of the legendary Amouage Interlude available @ €23 / 64.50 for 10/30ml. 50ml available.

• Advertisement

Whoops, forgot I also have some of the legendary Amouage Interlude available @ €23 / 64.50 for 10/30ml. 50ml available.

Lads, get on the Interlude if ye haven't already.

The 10ml would probably last ye until next Christmas!

Advertisement