Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭furiousox

Hi Pat, any plans on doing another Tom Ford Oud Wood split?
    I'd be interested in a 50ml, if anyone else is interested?

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 16 martinlynam

Hi Pat

First time user and so many pages to go through to see information. I am interested in Aventus for her for xmas present. Apologies if been asked many times. But how is it bottled? And is it available

Thanks and sorry if question already asked loads of times

Martin

• Registered Users Posts: 9,543 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

furiousox wrote: »
    Hi Pat, any plans on doing another Tom Ford Oud Wood split?
    I'd be interested in a 50ml, if anyone else is interested?
    Realistically, not for a while as I did one fairly recently. I have my eye out for deals on the newer Oud Wood Intense though - can get a reasonable deal on it now but splits would still be saucy as the RRP is through the roof.
    Hi Pat

First time user and so many pages to go through to see information. I am interested in Aventus for her for xmas present. Apologies if been asked many times. But how is it bottled? And is it available

Thanks and sorry if question already asked loads of times

Martin
    The small print at the bottom of the OP on this thread should answer a lot of questions. Aventus for Her should be available soon I think - next few weeks it's looking like. I buy 250/500ml decanters and then bottle in empty bottles I source myself - obviously these are not original bottles but are high quality (my usual 50ml bottles are actually supplied by the same company who produce bottles for Creed). Do bear in mind though if being given as a gift that while my bottles and labels are high quality, they are not the original article (although the liquid itself is obviously) - it's possible that some recipients may prefer a less luxurious, but originally packaged, fragrance!

Drop me a PM if you'd like a picture of the bottle / label.

Updated 05/11/18 :

I have the following available in hand as of 05/11/2018:

Tom Ford - Italian Cypress: Just arrived and it smells great - real manly stuff! Down to the last four bottles at a super cheap €69 / 50ml. RRP €188.
    Frederic Malle - Monsieur: Last 10ml left @ €26 - bottled, ready to go. RRP €45/10ml.
    Frederic Malle - Portrait of a Lady: Last 10ml left @ €30.50. RRP €55/10ml.
    Atelier Cologne - Tobacco Nuit: 50ml left @ €33.50/54 for 25/50ml (50ml available in original 200ml bottle if wanted). RRP €95/30ml.
    YSL - M7 Oud Absolu: 20ml left @ €11.50 / 10ml.
    Creed - Aventus: more coming soon.
    Creed - Green Irish Tweed: more coming soon.
    Amouage - Myths: Two x 10ml left @ €26.
    Amouage - Figment: Last 10ml left @ €23.
    M. Micallef - Avant Garde: 40ml left @ €15/41 for 10/30ml.

**New**

Acqua di Parma
    375x500.25349.jpg
    Colonia Leather *coming soon*
    I split a bottle of this quite recently - it went quick and the feedback is great - this is right up there with Tuscan Leather - in everything except price! Managed to snap up a deal so cheaper than even the last time.
    €48 / 30ml. RRP €145 / 60ml.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

How soon for the Colonia Leather Pat?

• Advertisement

How soon for the Colonia Leather Pat?

It's on the way to me already so pretty soon!

It's on the way to me already so pretty soon!

Would it be available for my current package do you think ;)

Would it be available for my current package do you think ;)

99% certain. Slight delay on 10ml splits at the moment as I've run out of (glass) bottles - your Malle Portrait is yet to be done; shouldn't affect your delivery anyway, which is scheduled for next week.:)

99% certain. Slight delay on 10ml splits at the moment as I've run out of (glass) bottles - your Malle Portrait is yet to be done; shouldn't affect your delivery anyway, which is scheduled for next week.:)

If the Colonia becomes available to ship at the same time I'll go for it :)

Good to meet you, and apologies for the delay due to leaving my phone upstairs. There was actually a junkie calling to me as I left you - I think he may have got the wrong impression! Enjoy the new juice.

I kinda wish you were selling drugs...it would cost me a lot less :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Kinda?!

Soarer wrote: »
    Kinda?!

Guess I'm already hooked as it is ffs ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭writhen

I'll take a colonia leather and Italian cypruss please.

Wouldn't last as long though!
    writhen wrote: »
    I'll take a colonia leather and Italian cypruss please.
    Sure, email coming your way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Hi Pat.

How are you fixed for ladies scents, specifically Jo Malone.

Hi Pat.

How are you fixed for ladies scents, specifically Jo Malone.

At the moment, the only lady specific one I have open is Creed - Aventus for Her. TBH, I've listed a number of female frags in the last while and there hasn't been a huge amount of interest. Specifically looking at Jo Malone, I listed three earlier this year and it was a real struggle to get them completed - in fact, my wife ended up with 30ml of Myrrh & Tonka as no-one wanted it! I was surprised TBH - I did think there would be a lot of interest in the brand. One issue with Jo Malone is that they wield an iron fist over their retailers in terms of pricing, making it VERY difficult to get discounts so the savings on splits aren't enormous.

I can do ongoing Jo Malone pricing as follows:
    Standard cologne line (Line, Basil & Mandarin etc): 10/30/50ml for €15/43.50/62. 50ml split comes in original 100ml bottle (i.e. half full). RRP €54/30ml.
    Cologne Intense line: 10/30/50ml for €16.50/49.50/72. 50ml in original 100ml bottle as above. RRP €90/50ml.
    Obviously depends on getting enough people chipping in. Pricing a bit cheaper if you can wait until February.

Bear in mind that a lot of the fragrances I list are - nominally at least - unisex; I do have women buying scents that would normally be regarded as male leaning.

edit: forgot, I have 10ml of Frederic Malle - Portrait of a Lady left too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Question for all the experts,
    I went a bit mad spending a bought a bottle of creed Aventus and green Irish tweed from eBay. Big money.
    Green Irish tweed is LOVELY but not impressed by Aventus at all. I’m wondering if I was sold a dud. How would I know?

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I went a bit mad spending a bought a bottle of creed Aventus and green Irish tweed from eBay. Big money.
    Green Irish tweed is LOVELY but not impressed by Aventus at all. I’m wondering if I was sold a dud. How would I know?

It may not be a dud...it may just not be to your taste is all.
    If it's supposed to be original have a look at the box, underside has the ingredients in French and something about the king of Spain on top... throw up a pic of the bottle..maybe Pat can spot a dud a mile away

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

What is the batch code on the box/bottle?

You can type the batch code in here and it'll tell you how old it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Thebeast078

What batch is it? Batch number should be etched either at the bottom of the bottle in the lip, underneath or at the neck of the bottle itself. Some bottles have the number stamped on them in black. Some of the most common fakes are 15x21, 16C01 and 11Z01. As mentioned throw up a few pictures and can tell u straight away if it is a fake.

• Advertisement

As above, maybe you simply don't like it, or maybe it's fake. If you like, you can PM me a link to the auction and I can take a look, although I don't claim to be an expert on retail bottles. Thebeast078 (above) knows his stuff as well. If you're in Cork, I'll take a sniff if you want - I should know what the real deal smells like at this stage! BTW, if the box came cellophane wrapped, it's very likely fake - Creed don't use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Thebeast078

As above, maybe you simply don't like it, or maybe it's fake. If you like, you can PM me a link to the auction and I can take a look, although I don't claim to be an expert on retail bottles. Thebeast078 (above) knows his stuff as well. If you're in Cork, I'll take a sniff if you want - I should know what the real deal smells like at this stage! BTW, if the box came cellophane wrapped, it's very likely fake - Creed don't use it.

Thanks Pat. The amount of bottles of the stuff I should hope so.ðŸ˜

All writing in French. The box wasn’t wrapped.
    Lot number A42 17Q01

77760 URY

All writing in French. The box wasn’t wrapped.
    Lot number A42 17Q01

77760 URY

17Q01 is a recent enough batch and not necessarily one that would be top of the 'grail' list (Ury is where it's made). However, one issue with fakes is the refilling of genuine bottles with fake juice so you
    just don't know.

17Q01 is a recent enough batch and not necessarily one that would be top of the 'grail' list (Ury is where it's made). However, one issue with fakes is the refilling of genuine bottles with fake juice so you
    just don't know.

Best way to know is I’ll buy a mini off you. How do I go about that?

Best way to know is I’ll buy a mini off you. How do I go about that?

I don't have minis at the moment - best would be a 3 x 10ml triple pack with two other scents - hoping to do some of these again soon. However, I have another solution - will PM you.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

Hey Pat, thinking of getting another 2 of the 50ml Aventus off you as Christmas presents for my brothers. I got the last bottle in your current split, do you have another one open for orders?

TJ Mackie wrote: »
    Hey Pat, thinking of getting another 2 of the 50ml Aventus off you as Christmas presents for my brothers. I got the last bottle in your current split, do you have another one open for orders?

One more on that split has actually come up due to a non payer - and possibly another two as well, TBC :( I'll put you down for the free one, and one of the other two if they come up too - will email you. That flacon is due to arrive to me today, although deliveries of it aren't likely to commence until week after next as I'm waiting for bottles to come in. Besides those, chances are I'll order another Aventus flacon before Christmas, along with GIT and Aventus for Her; may get a Viking too if I get a few more signed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

One more on that split has actually come up due to a non payer - and possibly another two as well, TBC :( I'll put you down for the free one, and one of the other two if they come up too - will email you. That flacon is due to arrive to me today, although deliveries of it aren't likely to commence until week after next as I'm waiting for bottles to come in. Besides those, chances are I'll order another Aventus flacon before Christmas, along with GIT and Aventus for Her; may get a Viking too if I get a few more signed up.

Hi Pat,

Ill take one of the Aventus off you

• Advertisement

wawaman wrote: »
    Hi Pat,

Ill take one of the Aventus off you

The triple pack was a hit so?! Sure, I'll put you down and get back to you when I know what's available when.

Advertisement