Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Fifaking12 wrote: »
    Creed aventus interested if still available? Cheers.

Yes, PMed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

I'll take that last bottle of Viking if it's still available Pat.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Received my package of Laudano Nero from Pat today. So well packed it would resist the four horsemen of the zombie apocalypse. And couriers. Great stuff from a great bloke. :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Easier to break into Fort Knox lol

I'll take that last bottle of Viking if it's still available Pat.
    Sure; emailed.

I have the following available in hand or on the way as of 27/11/2018. That's it for 2018 folks - I won't be getting in anything else this year! Any of the below can be held until next year after payment if required.

Creed - Aventus: Six bottles left @ €81 / 50ml
    Creed - Aventus for Her: Three bottles left @ €93 / 50ml.
    Chanel - Gabrielle [female]: 2 x 10ml left @ €17.50 / 10ml.
    Amouage - Myths: Two x 10ml left @ €26 each (glass).
    Amouage - Lyric: 40ml available @ €22.50 / 63.40 for 10 / 30ml.
    Atelier Cologne - Tobacco Nuit: 50ml left of this cosy scent @ E33.50/54 for 25/50ml. RRP E95 / 30ml. 50ml available in original 200ml bottle if wanted.
    Frederic Malle - Portrait of a Lady: Last 10ml left of this heavy rose female scent @ €30.50 (glass).
    M. Micallef - Avant Garde: 40ml left @ €15/41 for 10/30ml. 30ml available in fancy original packaging if wanted (Provisionally gone).

And just a reminder re this as I'd be aiming to order next few days if there is sufficient interest (which there isn't currently!)

Sample Group Buy

As promised! I'll do a large sample order from www.scentsamples.uk.com shortly to save on shipping etc for individuals.

How it'll work
    Check that site out, decide what samples you want (10ml max size please). Calculate the total price of them, convert it to Euro at the xe.com interbank rate, and send it to me (adding postage if applicable; see below) via your usual payment method (NB my bank account details changed in June 2018) with a note listing what you want - no mark up! If paying via Paypal, don't forget to add ~4% if using the Goods & Services method (or skip the fee and use Friends & Family) If you can't add the details as a note, just email me with what you want separately. I will not be sending my usual email / PM payment requests, but I will acknowledge your request. Please don't post your requests here. If you also need to pay for splits, please do it separately (I'll email you as usual about those if applicable). If you haven't taken part in a split before, PM me and I'll send my payment details.

Delivery
    If I'm including your samples with a courier package for splits: no charge.
    If I'm including your samples with an An Post package for splits in plastic bottles: no charge (but be mindful that I am limited in how much will fit in one box).
    If I'm sending your samples separately: they'll go via An Post in a small box; please add €4.30 shipping / handling.

Will you hold the samples for a later order and ship them with that?
    Yes.

Any catches?
    Not really. Note this service works best for those getting a small number of samples, or who will be getting a delivery from me anyway and so not paying shipping; if you want more than £10 of samples, and would be getting them shipped separately by me, you'll be just as well using Parcel Wizard / Motel instead.

When's it happening?
    We'll see how we go, but plan is to have this batch of them done and dusted before Christmas.

What samples should I get?
    The list below is an indicator of what I'll be doing next year, as well as the usual Creed, Tom Ford big ones, but you're free to order whatever you want.

Acqua di Parma - Cedro di Taormina
    Atelier Cologne - Philtre Ceylan
    Atelier Cologne - Trefle Pur**
    Atelier Cologne - Bergamote Soleil*
    Atelier Cologne - Oud Saphir**
    Cire Trudon - Mortel
    Creed - Vetiver Geranium
    Creed - Original Vetiver*
    Creed - Virgin Island Water*
    Frederic Malle - Musc Ravageur*
    Guerlain - Vetiver Extreme**
    Guerlain - Habit Rouge EdT**
    Heeley - Sel Marin
    Heeley - Menthe Fraiche
    Hermes - Terre d'Hermes Eau Intense Vetiver**
    Maison Francis Kurkdjian - Acqua Vitae
    Maison Francis Kurkdjian - Baccarat Rouge 540 EdP**
    Mancera - The Aoud**
    Montale - Oudmazing
    Narciso Rodriguez - For Him EdP
    Profumum Roma - Acqua e Zucchero
    Stephane Humbert Lucas - 777 Soleil de Jeddah**
    Tiziana Terenzi - XIX March**
    Tom Ford - Lost Cherry
    Tom Ford - Rive d'Ambre
    Tom Ford - Oud Wood Intense
    Xerjoff - Renaissance**

* = very likely to be split, or will definitely be listed but will require quite a few names to go ahead.
    ** = definitely happening.
    [/QUOTE]

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I'd run outa the sample and kinda forgot the scent of the Laudano Nero stuff. Man, it's got a lot going on. Very dark. I gather it's marketed as unisex, but in my humble if it was any more masculine it would be swinging through the trees. In Satan's bachelor pad he'll have a bottle of this stuff. :D Trying out the sample a couple of weeks back I got a few compliments from women. One squirt's enough though, a little goes a long way.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    I'd run outa the sample and kinda forgot the scent of the Laudano Nero stuff. Man, it's got a lot going on. Very dark. I gather it's marketed as unisex, but in my humble if it was any more masculine it would be swinging through the trees. In Satan's bachelor pad he'll have a bottle of this stuff. :D Trying out the sample a couple of weeks back I got a few compliments from women. One squirt's enough though, a little goes a long way.

'tis hearty stuff alright! If it was a beer, it'd be an imperial stout.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Received pack today. All spot on. Thanks Pat, Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Fambily

Can I order Creed - Aventus if still available.........

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭padre78

Package received today. Everything perfect, love the scent and so does herself.

Thanks Pat. Will be back for more in the new year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Package received here too pat, Thanks very much , any chance you could teach Amazon how to pack goods ?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

Thanks Pat, mine received also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Those bottles look fantastic Pat :eek:
    Also received my package today. Many thanks :)

Hi Pat

After receiving delivery last week I only got round to opening my box yesterday. Those new 10ml bottles with black caps are fantastic, I much prefer them to the other ones with clear plastic tops.

After getting my OH and her friend to test the frags, they came back with the following

Opus VII - Neither liked, having said that my OH has had second opinions on frags once they settle down so time will tell on that.

Aoud Cafe - One liked and one didn't. It does smell of coffee so might just need to get used to the dark smell.

Jazz Club - both liked that one

Ivory Route - an instant hit, top of the pick and it does smell bloody fantastic.

I will try the others on a full day wear and see how they change over the course of the day.

Finally on another note. I have over 15 frags in my collection :)

Off the top of my head, I have this

Creed :

Aventus - 50ml
    Spice & Wood - 25ml
    Virgin Island Water - 50ml
    Green Irish Tweed - 50ml

Amouage :

Interlude - 50ml
    Memoir - 50ml
    Opus VII - 30ml

Tom Ford :

Tobacco Vanille - 50ml
    Vert D'Encens - 50ml
    Ombre Leather - 10ml

Maison Margiela :

Jazz Club - 10ml
    By The Fireplace - 10ml

Mancera :

Aoud Cafe - 10ml

Xerjoff :

Ivory Route - 10ml

Micallef :

Avant Garde - 10ml

I need to stop buying, but Pat gets so many nice new bottles ....lol

On a serious note, I'm prob done buying anything for 6 months or I'll be killed :D

Yeah 10ml with black caps are nice, but I'm currently back to the clearish ones. Black ones back again in a while, but I did find I had to throw a few out before as they were dirty. Neither of them stand up very well though - very easy to knock over. Very happy with the 10/12ml plastic bottles - very sturdy and great sprayer. I am aware that the labels tend to come off all the new 10ml bottles (presumably due to the relatively sharp curvature) - I'm keeping an eye out for a solution rather more elegant than sellotape!

The Opus VII is very good but definitely not mainstream. Yeah, Ivory Route is top - very impressed with Xerjoff generally.

Got a compliment today (an exceptionally rare occurrence!). The culprit? MFK Baccarat Rouge 540.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭Masala

Pat.... any 50ml on the ladies Creed aventus???

How u for the mans version???

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Got a compliment today (an exceptionally rare occurrence!). The culprit? MFK Baccarat Rouge 540.

The sample I bought online myself a while back must've been a dud so because it didn't smell like much of anything! I did have an admirer of the TF Tobacco Vanille at the weekend though ;)

Very glad I got the Italian Cypress off you. Feels like a really classic scent without being overbearing. Love it!

Masala wrote: »
    Pat.... any 50ml on the ladies Creed aventus???

How u for the mans version???

Regards

Both in hand, ready to go!

Testament1 wrote: »
    The sample I bought online myself a while back must've been a dud so because it didn't smell like much of anything! I did have an admirer of the TF Tobacco Vanille at the weekend though ;)

Very glad I got the Italian Cypress off you. Feels like a really classic scent without being overbearing. Love it!

The BR540 is weird - it kinda smells like nothing the moment it goes on, but it seems to wake up or something after that. Shades of Aventus too - I thought it was nearly disappeared, but was told I actually left a scent trail up the stairs!

Edit: and 13 hours since I put it on, I can still clearly smell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,755 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Whatever that BR450 is I’ll have some of it’s available pat. And Italian cypress please

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Whatever that BR450 is I’ll have some of it’s available pat. And Italian cypress please

Cypress all gone I'm afraid. I'll be splitting BR540 in spring-ish (late Jan / early Feb); I've stuck your name down for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 gorillafrier

Hi Pat, have you any creed aventus for her left? Thanks

Hi Pat, have you any creed aventus for her left? Thanks

Yes, will drop you a mail. One more 50ml Aventus for Her available in hand after this one - won't have any more then until next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Thanks for the delivery Pat! Very well packaged, and great value for money.

Made the mistake of putting a spray of Portrait of a Lady on and now I cant smell anything bar, even though it is a lovely scent

Fifaking12 - no response to repeated messages; no allocation in future splits.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,880 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Cypress all gone I'm afraid. I'll be splitting BR540 in spring-ish (late Jan / early Feb); I've stuck your name down for that.

ill take some BR540 when its back in pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Mc Love wrote: »
    Thanks for the delivery Pat! Very well packaged, and great value for money.

Made the mistake of putting a spray of Portrait of a Lady on and now I cant smell anything bar, even though it is a lovely scent

I can still smell the scent on the back of my hand and I still like it, incredible staying power. Makes a change from dirty nappies and dog poo haha

Mc Love wrote: »
    I can still smell the scent on the back of my hand and I still like it, incredible staying power. Makes a change from dirty nappies and dog poo haha

All the Malle stuff I've tried has had beastly longevity. Not a fan of Portrait for myself - but I dislike rose with a passion so was never going to work for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

My package arrived today.

Thanks a million, Pat.

I have the following available in hand as of 6/12/2018. That's it for 2018 folks - I won't be getting in anything else this year! Any of the below can be held until next year after payment if required.

Creed - Aventus: Several bottles left @ €81 / 50ml (here next week).
    Chanel - Gabrielle [female]: 2 x 10ml left @ €17.50 / 10ml.
    Amouage - Myths: Two x 10ml left @ €26 each (glass).
    Amouage - Lyric: 40ml available @ €22.50 / 63.40 for 10 / 30ml.
    Atelier Cologne - Tobacco Nuit: 50ml left of this cosy scent @ E33.50/54 for 25/50ml. RRP E95 / 30ml. 50ml available in original 200ml bottle if wanted.

Sample service didn't exactly set the world on fire, so I'll defer it until Spring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bars

Hi Pat,

Would you have any Aventus left both male/female, Xerjoff Ivory River and ah pitty I have missed Bacarat?

Thank you in advance.

Advertisement