Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

I will take Creed Aventus please.
    Just got my TF in the post today never seen such care taken in packaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

Pat, Can you put my name on the Senteurs Gourmandes - double pack, the 10ml Avant Garde and an Aventus for her.

No panic on delivery of them, they're to go in the big man in the red coats sack!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Capajoma

Pat could you put me down for a 50ml Aventus Creed and a 50ml Vert d'Encens please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I need to just unfollow at this stage but before I do :)

I'll take the Tom Ford and Senteurs Gourmandes, thanks Pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Capajoma wrote: »
    Pat could you put me down for a 50ml Aventus Creed and a 50ml Vert d'Encens please?

Sure thing. Little wait on the Aventus though - last one from the current batch just gone so will wait for a few more requests before ordering. Probably looking at early - mid November to have it in my hands (faster if the requests come through quicker).

• Advertisement

dudeeile wrote: »
    I need to just unfollow at this stage but before I do :)

I'll take the Tom Ford and Senteurs Gourmandes, thanks Pat.

No problem.

Down to the last Senteurs Gourmandes double pack available now folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Capajoma

Sure thing. Little wait on the Aventus though - last one from the current batch just gone so will wait for a few more requests before ordering. Probably looking at early - mid November to have it in my hands (faster if the requests come through quicker).

That's no problem, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Sorry lads can someone explain this thread to me ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,943 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Dtp1979 wrote: »

Pat buys (generally large ) bottles of expensive aftershaves and splits it into smaller portions and sells.

His 50ml splits of any of the creed fragrances are about a 3rd if the cost of buying 50ml retail for example

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Ok sounds interesting thanks. Over the last 2 years, what been the top 5 fragrances ? Sorry if this is against rules asking

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Ok sounds interesting thanks. Over the last 2 years, what been the top 5 fragrances ? Sorry if this is against rules asking this

I suppose everyone is different...and the top 5 don't suit everyone... but Creed: Aventus, Spice & Wood would be up there.
    As are Tom Ford: Tuscan Leather & Tobacco Vanille
    There's just so many...I can name another 10 off the top of my head I like...and the smells are all completely different

Apologies, only getting to this now - out all day yesterday and only home late. There's 'small print' explaining most of it at the end of the OP, but Cyrus has given a good summary - it's group buys basically. Generally, you're either looking at significant discounts on retail prices of larger volumes (25/30/50ml), or the opportunity to try smaller volumes (10ml) of others (usually more niche stuff) without risking the price of a full bottle. The main difference from the shops of course is that (in almost all cases), mine are repackaged into non retail (but still nice) bottles by myself.

Ok sounds interesting thanks. Over the last 2 years, what been the top 5 fragrances ? Sorry if this is against rules asking this
    Number 1 by a long, long shot is Aventus by Creed. Next most popular is Creed - Green Irish Tweed. The next few most popular would be Viking, Aventus for Her and Spice & Wood by Creed, Tuscan Leather and Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford, and Hermes - Terre d'Hermes.

Salutory lesson today in why I only buy Creed / TF etc flacons and decanters from official suppliers! A popular UK splitter rumbled today for selling fake / adulterated juice (Creed, TF) for the last while - people out of pocket for hundreds. Claims his (obviously unofficial) supplier was passing dodgy stuff onto him - best way to avoid that would have been to avoid buying 'too good to be true' deals from dodgy dealers fella........

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Hey, padraig, I'm groomsman at a wedding in a few weeks and I'd like to get something special for the day, what would you recommend as a more "formal" fragrance??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,943 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Hey, padraig, I'm groomsman at a wedding in a few weeks and I'd like to get something special for the day, what would you recommend as a more "formal" fragrance??

spice and wood surely ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,871 ✭✭✭Soarer

Or Jubilation XXV.

Cyrus wrote: »
    spice and wood surely ;)

I was leaning towards the Amber oud, so maybe....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

I'll second the Spice and Wood

Really nice fragrance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

I'd second amouage jubilation.
    Makes you smell like a Sheikh

Just to clarify: are you looking for a general recommendation, or one that I have currently?

If the former, I'd probably go with Spice & Wood as a few of the guys have mentioned.........but I don't have any at the moment (and won't for a while). You could get a sample from a fragrance sample site though*.

If the latter, I don't have a whole load of obviously formal stuff at the moment. Most appropriate of what I will be listing very shortly would be Monsieur by Frederic Malle @ €26 / 10ml (I'm guessing you're just looking for a small volume?). This will be an open split though with no guarantee of when or if it would actually happen - would have to get enough folks signed up. Best of what I actually have in hand would be Yves Saint Laurent - M7 Oud. I haven't 'released' this yet but have it here; price will be €11.50 / 10ml.

*I hope to organise a 'group buy' from a fragrance sample site soon, but am not sure if it'd be soon enough for you?

• Advertisement

Just to clarify: are you looking for a general recommendation, or one that I have currently?

If the former, I'd probably go with Spice & Wood as a few of the guys have mentioned.........but I don't have any at the moment (and won't for a while). You could get a sample from a fragrance sample site though*.

If the latter, I don't have a whole load of obviously formal stuff at the moment. Most appropriate of what I will be listing very shortly would be Monsieur by Frederic Malle @ €26 / 10ml (I'm guessing you're just looking for a small volume?). This will be an open split though with no guarantee of when or if it would actually happen - would have to get enough folks signed up. Best of what I actually have in hand would be Yves Saint Laurent - M7 Oud. I haven't 'released' this yet but have it here; price will be €11.50 / 10ml.

*I hope to organise a 'group buy' from a fragrance sample site soon, but am not sure if it'd be soon enough for you?

Sorry, yeah I meant what you had in stock, I'll take the last Senteurs Gourmandes pack if it's available and one of those ysl please.

Sorry, yeah I meant what you had in stock, I'll take the last Senteurs Gourmandes pack if it's available and one of those ysl please.

No problem. Plastic bottles via An Post OK for you, or would you prefer glass bottles and courier shipping?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bada Bing Boy

Hey Pat,
    Received my delivery today, great packaging and delighted with all my purchases, Cheers.

Wasn't too mad on the opening of the baccarat rouge 540 but on the dry down totally changed and it's a superb scent.

The Neroli Portofino, wow even better longevity than the Tom Ford bottle I tried in France a few weeks back. Looking forward to using this on the sun holiday in two weeks! It's got a quiet soapy smell after wearing it for a while but fresh and vibrant along with it. Can see why people are split on it though.

All I need know is some winter scents:)

Thanks again,
    Darren

• Registered Users Posts: 6,624 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Soarer wrote: »
    Or Jubilation XXV.
    I'd second amouage jubilation.
    Makes you smell like a Sheikh

Would that split ever happen Pat. I need another fancy bottle in my collection of Amouage.

Oh btw Pat, I'm heading to Vietnam via Doha next week for a short trip. Is there anything you need to be picked up at the airport?.

I would assume Doha DF would be lot cheaper than Dublin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭wawaman

Got delivery today of the creed triple pack, thanks Pat. I think breaking into Fort Knox will be easy after opening up the packet !!!

Would that split ever happen Pat. I need another fancy bottle in my collection of Amouage.

Oh btw Pat, I'm heading to Vietnam via Doha next week for a short trip. Is there anything you need to be picked up at the airport?.

I would assume Doha DF would be lot cheaper than Dublin :)

Not for the moment anyway. Split a few bottles of it previously so that's most of the demand satisfied.

Doha: cheers, TBH I have no clue of the prices there - wouldn't be surprised if they were pricey there!

wawaman wrote: »
    Got delivery today of the creed triple pack, thanks Pat. I think breaking into Fort Knox will be easy after opening up the packet !!!
    Good stuff. Was a bit worried as first time using An Post. BTW if you think they were packed well, you should see the courier boxes!:pac:

For anyone looking for them, I can do a further small number (2 or 3) of the Creed triple packs (10ml each of Aventus, Green Irish Tweed and Viking), at the 'old' price of €53. Available in plastic bottles via An Post, or glass via courier.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

For anyone looking for them, I can do a further small number (2 or 3) of the Creed triple packs (10ml each of Aventus, Green Irish Tweed and Viking), at the 'old' price of €53. Available in plastic bottles via An Post, or glass via courier.

I will take a triple pack, please. Just received yesterday your latest delivery and what a super scent creed is.
    Glass please.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Got delivery today via An Post for the first time.

Superb packaging as always - thanks Pat! Will report back on what I think of the frags once I've had a chance to test them out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭green n gold

I'd take a triple pack if you have one Pat, thanks

Advertisement