Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

It's in the drawer flat with the packing labels on top as you look at it :)

No, the small white sticker on the top edge (in your case) - box should be standing up with the packing labels facing forward. Now, I'm sure it'll be fine any which way, but I admit to being completely OCD about these things!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Thanks a million for today’s acquisitions! Jesus the Ombré Leather is something else. So sexy and the dry down has a fruity sweetness to it I wasn’t expecting- at least it does on me anyway!

As an aside I’m seriously impressed with the attention to detail on the bottles, I think I was expecting permanent marker on a bottle, not miniature replica bottles!

I could see myself getting well sucked in to this world soon if I’m not careful lol 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 19,943 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Thanks a million for today’s acquisitions! Jesus the Ombreather is something else. So sexy and the dry down has a fruity sweetness to it I wasn’t expecting- at least it does on me anyway!

As an aside I’m seriously impressed with the attention to detail on the bottles, I think I was expecting permanent marker on a bottle, not miniature replica bottles!

I could see myself getting well sucked in to this world soon if I’m not careful lol ��

i have about 10 of them lined up in my bathroom now,

the nice packaging makes them even more wantable :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,624 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

No, the small white sticker on the top edge (in your case) - box should be standing up with the packing labels facing forward. Now, I'm sure it'll be fine any which way, but I admit to being completely OCD about these things!

Thanks, Pat. I'm a pleb :D

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bada Bing Boy

Hey Pat,

Can you add a bottle of Aventus to my order?

Cheers,
    Darren

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Cyrus wrote: »
    i have about 10 of them lined up in my bathroom now,

the nice packaging makes them even more wantable :P

I checked before I went on hols....I have 18 bottles ....

"Hi...I'm Mookie...and I'm an addict"

:D:D

Just as an aside....I tried Arabian Wood some years back...and wasn't impressed....got a bottle from Pat about 10 months ago ...and didn't like it at all....
    was going thru the collection the other day and gave it a spray... I've done a complete 180 on it and very impressed now...
    strange though...
    dunno if it's my nose adjusting..or the juice "aging" well ... but will be wearing it a bit these cold days ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭mrm

Just as an aside....I tried Arabian Wood some years back...and wasn't impressed....got a bottle from Pat about 10 months ago ...and didn't like it at all....
    was going thru the collection the other day and gave it a spray... I've done a complete 180 on it and very impressed now...
    strange though...
    dunno if it's my nose adjusting..or the juice "aging" well ... but will be wearing it a bit these cold days ahead

Snap! liked it just a little on purchase and couldn't see myself wearing it. Tried it once again this week and I really like it. I can see it getting many wears.

On your change of opinion Mookie.... possibly, it may not be the juice 'aging' well....you know like, maybe something else....like, maybe not the juice....possibly something else maybe?

BTW, if you like Arabian Wood and have not picked up Caron Yatagan from Padraig I would highly recommend it (if he still has some left). They are very similar but....... Yatagan is so less well behaved, with a distinctly horrendous opening (think diaper worn by a baby, or adult, skunk). But it's drydown (after quite a while) is brilliant, very warm and comforting - AW with an underlying warmth, still slightly dirty, earthy. One of the most 'interesting' and characterful fragrances I have experienced.

I'll have to pull out my Arabian Wood and give it a sniff! From memory I don't get a connection with Yatagan at all but everyone's nose is different. Yatagan to me had a good dose of Tom Ford's Oud Wood in it, or maybe that's just me! Speaking of Oud Wood, it's not one for me but I sniffed the new Oud Wood Intense the other day and actually liked it which is a bit odd. It's on the back burner for a split if I see a good deal - retail is saucy price.

BTW thanks to the posters above for their comments re the bottles. Presentation is very important to me and while I could knock a few quid off the larger splits by getting brown / blue medicine bottles with plastic sprayers, I really think this doesn't do justice to the quality of the contents! Not sure if I mentioned it previously, but the cube bottles I use are made by Pochet, who supply Creed and many other high end brands with their bottles - indeed they've been supplying perfumers for 400 years at this stage! In fact, while I can't be certain, if you look closely at the cube bottles used by Roja Parfums ($$$$$ fragrances), they seem very familiar.....

463671.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Just want to thank Pat again for another delivery. Packaging and bottles were all excellent as usual.

No review yet, but does anyone else think TF Neroli Portofino smells like Brylcreem or am I going mad?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭shoxter

Hi Pat, will you be doing Royal Oud again?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,355 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

What have you got available for the ladies at present Padraig?

shoxter wrote: »
    Hi Pat, will you be doing Royal Oud again?
    I'd imagine so, but it'll be a while before it happens realistically - Spring I'd say.
    NIMAN wrote: »
    What have you got available for the ladies at present Padraig?
    In terms of strictly 'ladies' stuff I have nothing to hand at the moment. I do have an open split for Aventus for Her though - anyone interested in this for Christmas should get their name down quick as I need to make a call on it fairly soon. I will probably add a split of Frederic Malle - Portrait of a Lady too. I'm happy to list anything people are after (within reason - no low end stuff) provided enough people sign up.

Bear in mind though that a large number of the fragrances I list are, nominally at least, unisex. While I'm obviously focused on males given the forum we're in, a number of lady members here quite happily wear fragrances usually regarded as male. Actually came across a woman wearing Tuscan Leather at a work meeting recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,871 ✭✭✭Soarer

She's not Lois Einhorn by any chance?!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,355 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Whats the prices for the Aventus for Her ?

NIMAN wrote: »
    Whats the prices for the Aventus for Her ?

€90 / 50ml (RRP is €160 / 30ml, or €274 / 75ml).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Hey Padraig, have you any opinion on Ombre Leather by TF? Spotted it this evening and gave myself a spray, 7 hours later and it's still very strong. Very nice scent IMO.

Any plans for a split? I know it's not all that expensive at RRP but rather have money in my pocket if it can be sourced cheaper.

Hey Padraig, have you any opinion on Ombre Leather by TF? Spotted it this evening and gave myself a spray, 7 hours later and it's still very strong. Very nice scent IMO.

Any plans for a split? I know it's not all that expensive at RRP but rather have money in my pocket if it can be sourced cheaper.

Would you believe I gave it a spray too yesterday..it's a milder version of Tuscan Leather...with maybe a touch of spice...it was ok imo, but not the greatest.

Would you believe I gave it a spray too yesterday..it's a milder version of Tuscan Leather...with maybe a touch of spice...it was ok imo, but not the greatest.

Already split it! It's good I think - as Mookie says, a slightly milder Tuscan which is perhaps no bad thing at times. Having said that, there's not that much of a difference - having both would be a luxury!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Actually wore the Ombre Leather over the weekend at a black tie thing - got a lot of compliments, even though it's probably not something you'd automatically think would work well with a tux.

Oh, and Padraig, my wife says thank you. Apparently I smell amazing these days. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Do you do samples at all? I've seen maybe 10% of what's on offer here on retail. If not, no worries.

evil_seed wrote: »
    Do you do samples at all? I've seen maybe 10% of what's on offer here on retail. If not, no worries.
    I include samples with orders as and when I can - generally with orders of 3 or more bottles, or subsequent orders from previous participants, but it really varies as to what I get sent by suppliers - I don't have much at the moment for example. As for custom samples - if someone is genuinely interested in getting something I have a personal bottle of myself, and which is not available to sample locally, I'll try to help out as far as I can but it's not something I'd aim on doing too often as, TBH, it's a lot of hassle. It might surprise some that there's realistically more work in prepping a 1ml sample than decanting a 50ml bottle!

Actually something that I intended to do - but simply forgot about - is a group order to a sample site - i.e. I order a bunch of samples that people are looking for and send them onwards so people can save shipping etc. Now that I've remembered it, watch this space!

€90 / 50ml (RRP is €160 / 30ml, or €274 / 75ml).
    NIMAN. BTW the price for this actually €93 - apologies for the error. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Tom Ford Noir is reduced to £66 on Amazon now, I think someone asked in here recently if Pat was going to do a split on it.

Tom Ford Noir Extreme Edp Spray, 100 ml https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00UYPYZ5W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_Qz1XBbFHNFWHJ

Right...busy day at work here :)
    Got my order this morning from Pat....as always...packaged better than a babba in swaddling clothes....the triple back of Creed fragrances looks well in the bottles....
    but the real winner is the Baccarat Rouge 540..... What an amazing smell... crushed rubies I think some said here...amazeballs.
    Thanks very much Pat and the freebie will get some use too!!

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Tom Ford Noir is reduced to £66 on Amazon now, I think someone asked in here recently if Pat was going to do a split on it.

Tom Ford Noir Extreme Edp Spray, 100 ml https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00UYPYZ5W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_Qz1XBbFHNFWHJ

That's a really low price - which is now gone! (That split didn't happen BTW). I'd generally be a bit sketchy about buying fragrances from Amazon though unless they were sold directly by them, or a seller with comprehensive feedback.

Shipping updates
    Plastic 10ml bottles: I think I've emailed everyone concerned already but the original bottles I got were crap - didn't actually take 10ml, and leaked. If anyone wants any for free with their delivery, just shout - I've got plenty! New ones (which are actually 12ml) arrived this week and are far better (as they should be for double the price!). Have new specific shipping boxes for these - I'm just waiting for external shipping bags to arrive and then they'll start going out with An Post - early next week hopefully.

Everything else: Pretty much everything outstanding is now bottled - that's Creed triple pack, Bleu de Chanel, French Lover, Santal 33, Laudano Nero, Senteurs double pack, Marliega Fireplace, Fico di Amalfi, Interlude. Expect to see these rolling out from next week - it'll take a while (week maybe?) to get them all out as packing takes so long and I don't ship Thurs / Fri. As mentioned, I've switched to cheaper 10ml glass bottles - about 40ish are going out with white caps; these are OK but none too pretty. Just changed to even newer ones with black caps tonight - much nicer looking and will be aiming to get more of these.

Advance notice: my usual courier company are moving to a new (unfortunately opposite side of the city) depot end of the month. Everything should go smoothly with the move but you never know......

Creed triple pack: will be doing a few more of these (same content - Aventus, GIT, Viking). Details TBC next few days.

New stuff: will be dropping an email to previous participants when I get a chance with a few extra winter bits, and also the group sample order I referenced in my last post above. Expect to see stuff from Atelier Cologne, Mancera, YSL, Xerjoff, Frederic Malle.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Any Neroli Portofino left mate?
    Really looking forward to my first order due to arrive tomorrow.

Many thx
    TCP/IP

TCP/IP wrote: »
    Any Neroli Portofino left mate?
    Really looking forward to my first order due to arrive tomorrow.

Many thx
    TCP/IP

NP all gone for the foreseeable!

I have the following available in hand as of 18/10/2018:

Tom Ford - Vert d'Encens: Handful of this excellent green / incense barnstormer left @ €75 / 50ml - almost certainly the cheapest you'll find this (by far) worldwide. RRP €188. I will not have this available again - if you want this cheap, it's time to act!

Senteurs Gourmandes - double pack: Five left (10ml each of Vanille de la Reunion and Amber Oud). €16.
    Bleu de Chanel Parfum: 30ml left @ €17/47 for 10/30ml.
    Montale - Aoud Leather: Last one left @ €19 €15.
    Creed - Acier Aluminium: Just 50ml available @ €36.50/58.50 for 25/50ml. Discontinued classic - once this is gone, I won't have it back.
    80s Powerhouses Triple Pack: Last two (3 x 10ml each Drakkoir Noir, Bogart One Man Show & Caron Yatagan) left @ reduced price of €41 €34 €27.

Creed - Aventus: Last one @ €81. Will be back, timing TBC.
    Amouage - Myths: Three x 10ml left @ €26.
    Amouage - Memoir: Last 10ml left @ €26.
    Amouage - Figment: Last 10ml left @ €23.
    M. Micallef - Avant Garde: 80ml left @ €15/41/56 for 10/30/50ml.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

TOM FORD
    63549.jpg?width=400&404=product.png
    Vert d'Encens *in hand*
    From TF's exclusive Private Blend line, this is a brilliant all rounder, but especially suited to winter / Christmas. Heavy on the green and wood, with a decent dash of incense. A bit like this house's Italian Cypress with added oomph. This isn't as well known as some of the brand's big hitters, but reviewers rate this right up there with the very best, alongside Tuscan Leather, Tobacco Vanille, etc, making it a canny buy to stand out from the crowd - you're not going to find too many people wearing this.
    "Impressive winter scent. Incense and realistic fir tree, with a rich vanilla in the long drydown. It changes quite thoroughly from intensely green to smooth and smoky, and it lasts ages" - Fragrantica.

€75 / 50ml - you won't find a better deal than that (RRP €188 in retail packaging)! Getting down to the last few of this available - when it's gone, it's gone and won't be coming back.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CREED
    462792.jpg

Viking - open split
    As the ‘difficult second album’ following Aventus, Viking was always going to get a rough ride – and so it proved. Now approaching a year on release, the dust has settled and the tide has turned – Viking is now getting a LOT of praise, and I have got excellent feedback from buyers. It’s perhaps easy to see why it was initially criticised – it doesn’t have a burst of immediate, distinct, playfulness like Aventus, but it’s proving its worth as a very versatile, gently spiced fragrance that exudes quality. Definitely a tad more mature than Aventus, it’s more suited to a 30+ age group. RRP €210 / 50ml.
    €89 / 50ml.

.......................................................................................................................................

Aventus for Her (women) – open split
    Does this really need an introduction? Female spin off of the Aventus titan - to me it smells like the original with added rose. If you're thinking of this for Christmas, I'd advise getting your name down ASAP to avoid disappointment! RRP €160 / 30ml.
    €93 / 50ml. Five slots left. ETA mid Nov.

CHANEL
    462793.jpg
    Bleu de Chanel Parfum *in hand*
    Newest in the hugely popular BdC range, this is the strongest yet at Parfum concentration. RRP €91 / 50ml.
    €17 / 10ml or €47 / 30ml. 30ml available.

LES SENTEURS GOURMANDES
    462794.jpg
    Vanille de la Reunion & Amber Oud double pack *in hand*
    Nice'n'cheap twin pack from underground French house. Two of their best - the names pretty much describe them!
    €16 for 2 x 10ml.

Other splits

CREED
    457459.jpg

Aventus
    The legend is back!
    €81 / 50ml. Last one available for a few weeks.

.......................................................................................................................................

GREEN IRISH TWEED
    €77 / 50ml. Open split - availability TBC.

ACIER ALUMINIUM **in hand**
    Creed's very first masculine scent, dating back to the 70s. Now discontinued, but I've sourced a bottle. Old school, but not in a dry, barbershop, way; quite soapy but also a bit sweet and fruity - if this was a movie, it'd be Boogie Nights. 'Only' an Eau de Toilette but actually quite powerful - go easy on the trigger. Have only 50ml of this left - last chance to get this classic from me......
    €36.50 / 25ml or €58.50 / 50ml. 50ml left.

M. MICALLEF
    458442.jpg

Avant Garde **in hand**
    Tobacco is the mostly commonly cited reference here, but it's sweetened (but not to the level of, say, TF Tobacco Vanaille) with tonka and cacao. Gets good reviews - I've seen comparisons drawn with Parfums de Marly's Herod, but haven't actually smelled that so can't confirm.
    €18 reduced €15 / €41 / €56 for 10 / 30 / 50ml. 50ml portion comes in (very nice) original 100ml bottle and box. RRP €95 / 30ml. 80ml left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Hi Pat,
    can you put me down for Senteurs Gourmandes - double pack: Five left (10ml each of Vanille de la Reunion and Amber Oud). €16.
    & 10mls of the avant garde?

Advertisement