Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suspected Terrorist Attack in Paris

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Biggest lickspittle on boardz

Can anyone explain to me what Islamophobia means? Why is it a phobia to not like Islam? It is a very bizarre way to try and label someone to try and discredit them if they are critical about it.

It's victim blaming on steroids. Not only are we 'responsible' for the attacks by not being extra nice and submissive to the terrorists, you must also be attacked if you even hint that there might be a problem with Islam. Didn't you get the memo? It's always the West's fault. And even when it isn't, blame them anyway.

This exposes the brutality of the multicultural experiment and political correctness, which is essentially a form of non-violent psychological terror. You only have to see the very organised and deliberate witch hunts that take place on social media from the left whenever someone offers a mildly controversial opinion. There is no room for dissenting voices or logic, our superior European progressives have already decided what is good for us. It doesn't matter what you say or do, your opinion has already been relegated to that of intellectual untermensch. And there are plenty of paid shills/useful idiots in the media and political offices who are taking bribes from George Soros' Open Society to promote policies that are working against the best interests of the West.

It has already been decided by Europe that hundreds of deaths and thousands of rapes are acceptable collateral damage as long as control is maintained of the great synthetic society where all truth can be suppressed and replaced with carefully filtered news and strictly controlled 'diverse' opinions.

The echo chamber that politicians live in isn't going to change soon, if anything they're just going to get more aggressive against those who speak out. I wonder if the Irish Times will come out with another article about how this attack will play into the hands of the far-right, just like they did mere hours after the Stockholm attacks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 263 ✭✭CoolHandBandit

This happened on the streets of Holland last night. Could of ended much worse if this chump had access to an AK47 like the clown in Paris. I notice a common trend with these people.

https://twitter.com/OnlineMagazin/status/855339563232878594

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Borussia Dortmund bombs: 'Speculator' charged with bus attack

Police in Germany have charged a man suspected of being behind an attack on the Borussia Dortmund team bus.
    Rather than having links to radical Islamism, he was a market trader hoping to make money if the price of shares in the team fell, prosecutors say.
    The 28-year-old, identified only as Sergej W, was staying in the team's hotel in a room overlooking the street where the explosion took place

Full details

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39664212

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

That linky no worky.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

This happened on the streets of Holland last night. Could of ended much worse if this chump had access to an AK47 like the clown in Paris. I notice a common trend with these people.

https://twitter.com/OnlineMagazin/status/855339563232878594

That is footage that appeared last night but it happend on april 12th already.
    Also was a knife and not a machete.
    First a few warning shots and when he didnt listen because he was too busy screaming his imaginary friends name, police shot him in the leg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Palmach

BoatMad wrote: »
    Have you any clue as to how ISIS arrived on the scene , and why they received huge support from the Sunni population

DO you not accept there are reasons for so called terror groups to exist, or is it that 100,000s of people suddenly woke up one morning and said , " lets make bombs "

Have you any idea of the history and the process behind this situation

Yes this book is what motivates them and the fact that a significant minority of Muslims take a literal interpretation of it.

Quran+Wallpapers+(1).jpg

If you are not prepared to accept that philosophical trends in Islam play a large part in the creation of the Islamic state you are in denial.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

dav3 wrote: »
    Can anyone explain to me what Islamophobia means? Why is it a phobia to not like Islam? It is a very bizarre way to try and label someone to try and discredit them if they are critical about it.

A phobia is an extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to something, I think it would be a quite apt description for someone such as yourself who is scared of their own shadow.
    Having said that, a phobia would be classed as a disorder, so I think we should go easy on people with such a disorder.
    This is why the term is bullsh*t. What is irrational about not agreeing with Islam and its tenants? The oppressive nature of the ideology, what is possibly irrational about not liking it? It is a bizarre argument many people on the left make that by being critical of Islam you are Islamophobic.

Also this notion that what is happening now with Muslims and Jews in the early 20th century is so insulting to the Jewish people it beggars belief that people actually make the comparison and argument. The Jewish people had been persecuted for hundreds of years in Europe, going back to Richard the Lionheart.

Jewish people did not have such groups and such an ideology like we are seeing now with Muslims. Jews are great at integrating into societies, that is not the case with a lot of Muslims throughout Europe, that is pretty evident at this point. France now has communities divided, ghettos set up, huge social division.
    Paris will soon be like Belfast 70s and 80s, sectarian murders, bombings and the whole works.

3 relatives of the attacker are in custody

Reddit Live Thread

Also, the identity of the attacker is known by authorities, but they are not confirming due to on-going investigations. More to be said at press conference today.
    Chief Prosecutor: The identity of the attacker is known but not made public because of current investigations. More will be said in a press meeting tomorrow during the day.
    MysticMonk wrote: »
    The same way criminals source weapons all over the world.

They buy them or borrow them from other criminals.

Were you implying that he walked into a gun shop and purchased it legally?

Or maybe you're implying that he was actually a sinister agent of international Nazism who was furnished with the gun by the french secret service to discredit muslims?

Just give it a rest,will ya?

Give what a rest, exactly?

You obviously misunderstood the intention of my post. There seems to have been a huge failing on the side of the French authorities that such an individual was able to acquire such a weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

This is why the term is bullsh*t. What is irrational about...

People justify their irrational fear and hatred of things such as snakes and spiders in the same way.

I'm sure most people can sense your anxiety just from your posts.

At the end of the day, it’s still an irrational fear and is viewed as a disorder. A disorder you can seek help with if you so wish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MysticMonk

You obviously misunderstood the intention of my post. There seems to have been a huge failing on the side of the French authorities that such an individual was able to acquire such a weapon.

Ah..so it's actually the French Authorities' fault??

Anything but blame the perpetrators,eh?

• Advertisement

0d1e3928599d402b80ef38195064b771.png

"Great" timing, you sick twisted elitist twat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

inforfun wrote: »
    2f94b3d43a290a1c9d191d9e6b9a951d.png

And here is your cultural enrichment brought to you by your political elite.
    AKA Abou Yousef al-Belgiki

Jailed for 20 years in 2001 for shooting at police, released in 2016, no doubt for good behaviour.

At least this Polish minister talks sense

An admirable and correct stance. Whats Endas position on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

There seems to have been a huge failing on the side of the French authorities that such an individual was able to acquire such a weapon.
    It's a gun. Acquire it anywhere in the EU, drive over to France, and give it to your local nutjob. Or have they said where the gun came from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭testaccount123

People justify their irrational fear and hatred of things such as snakes and spiders in the same way.

At the end of the day, it’s still an irrational fear and is viewed as a disorder. A disorder you can seek help with if you so wish.

You think people who dont like Islam have a mental disorder?

Bizarre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Borussia Dortmund bombs: 'Speculator' charged with bus attack

Police in Germany have charged a man suspected of being behind an attack on the Borussia Dortmund team bus.
    Rather than having links to radical Islamism, he was a market trader hoping to make money if the price of shares in the team fell, prosecutors say.
    The 28-year-old, identified only as Sergej W, was staying in the team's hotel in a room overlooking the street where the explosion took place

Full details

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39664212

If ever I seen utter fabrication thats it! Angela is getting creative.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,068 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

"Great" timing, you sick twisted elitist twat.

You live in Holland? Can I ask your opinion on how things are going in Holland?

Whats your own opinion? I be just interested to hear it. Have things gotten out of hand or is it just people trying spin for a agenda?

I have 2 close friends who live in Holland now. I get two conflicting views, but one lives in quiet area and one in Amsterdam.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

You're calling someone who is in some way opposed to a religion ''irrational''. And a religion wit some notably irrational aspects at that.

Nobody can sense ''anxiety'' from their posts, stop gaslighting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

At the end of the day, it?s still an irrational fear and is viewed as a disorder. A disorder you can seek help with if you so wish.

Would you be saying the same thing about people who hate Christianity and the Catholic Church?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,494 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Can you closely follow Islam and not be ultra right?

Danzy wrote: »
    Can you closely follow Islam and not be ultra right?

Well, you've shown that you don't follow Islam but are ultra right.

• Advertisement

Whats your own opinion? I be just interested to hear it. Have things gotten out of hand or is it just people trying spin for a agenda?

I have 2 close friends who live in Holland now. I get two conflicting views, but one lives in quiet area and one in Amsterdam.

I am Dutch but left 15 years ago. Of course i am back there every now and then and the city i was born in... well that is not my city anymore. Entering from the north by train the 1st landmark used to be the beautiful Van Nelle factory and/or Het kasteel (Sparta's football stadium). Now it is a mosque.

Coming from the south, the 1st landmark was the greatest football stadium in the world (i might be biased here...) De Kuip.
    Now it is a mosque whose minarets just had to be a little bit higher than the lights of the stadium

When i went to school i was in a 30 people class where there were some Indonesians, one or 2 from Surinam, there was a pakistani, a Chinese guy, some girl from Yugoslavia, and i am probably forgetting some one.
    No issues at all really, it worked.

Nowadays there are schools that cant even teach about the 2nd world war anymore as 90% of the kids are muslim and have been filled with hate so much already, the holocaust is being celebrated and cheered on.

This clip is from the Dutch RTE who called it euphemistically "difficult" to teach about the holocaust in certain schools.

There is always agenda spinning and there for you should always inform yourself by using different sources.
    But when the government sponsored NPO (€600 million a year tax money goes there) calls something that the political elite embraces "difficult" be sure there is something really, really wrong.

It is a matter of when, not if, there will be a thread like this about a Dutch city.
    And that is after we got Theo van Gogh already, Hirsi Ali who had to move countries, a member of parliament who lives under 24/7 protection for 14 years now and several other "incidents".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭testaccount123

Would you be saying the same thing about people who hate Christianity and the Catholic Church?

Only need to go back a few posts in the chaps history to see him openly mocking Christianity. Presumably the mental disorder doesnt cover not liking Catholics and their own horrible carry on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 903 ✭✭✭MysticMonk

the_syco wrote: »
    It's a gun. Acquire it anywhere in the EU, drive over to France, and give it to your local nutjob. Or have they said where the gun came from?

There are huge and well-quipped criminal networks all over europe..france has had them for generations based around Marseilles and the outskirts of paris,mostly concerned with the distribution of drugs. Where there are drugs there are guns.
    If i was to hazard a guess i would say that this weapon originated in Europe too,perhaps the former yugoslavia or any of the myriad eastern and central european countries where you can pick up an assault weapon for around $400..ammunition being substantially more expensive.

Italian Comorra gangs have been using weapons like this for years.

If you have the money and connections it's incredibly easy to source firearms

• Registered Users Posts: 34,068 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I am Dutch but left 15 years ago. Of course i am back there every now and then and the city i was born in... well that is not my city anymore. Entering from the north by train the 1st landmark used to be the beautiful Van Nelle factory and/or Het kasteel (Sparta's football stadium). Now it is a mosque.

Coming from the south, the 1st landmark was the greatest football stadium in the world (i might be biased here...) De Kuip.
    Now it is a mosque whose minarets just had to be a little bit higher than the lights of the stadium

When i went to school i was in a 30 people class where there were some Indonesians, one or 2 from Surinam, there was a pakistani, a Chinese guy, some girl from Yugoslavia, and i am probably forgetting some one.
    No issues at all really, it worked.

Nowadays there are schools that cant even teach about the 2nd world war anymore as 90% of the kids are muslim and have been filled with hate so much already, the holocaust is being celebrated and cheered on.

This clip is from the Dutch RTE who called it euphemistically "difficult" to teach about the holocaust in certain schools.

There is always agenda spinning and there for you should always inform yourself by using different sources.
    But when the government sponsored NPO (?600 million a year tax monsy goes there) calls something that the political elite embraces "difficult" be sure there is something really, really wrong.

It is a matter of when, not if, there will be a thread like this about a Dutch city.
    And that is after we got Theo van Gogh already, Hirsi Ali who had to move countries, a member of parliament who lives under 24/7 protection for 14 years now and several other "incidents".

Cheers for that. Appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,168 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

I muse at the idea of fighting extremism with extremism.

What is that old statement about how good people get to sleep in their beds at night because some men do bad things to bad people.

As some are so fond of dragging Nazis and Nazi Germany into this how do you think Nazi Germany was defeated ?

And like with the Nazis you only defeat islamists by getting down and dirty.
    BoatMad wrote: »
    The evidence is that the majority of attacks are from native born , or from people resident long before the current refugee crisis

This fact seems to escape you entirely and you seek to transfer the problem onto refugees ( I'm not saying there is no issue here, just that they are not the primary cause of terror attacks to date )

IM not sure what you mean by " limited " , the available settled muslim populations in Europe runs into many millions. Thats one big internment camp .

Care to look at the amount of sex crimes due to these lovely refugees/asylum seekers.
    Then add in the odd murder after the odd rape.
    Then add in the huge increase in petty crime.

Oh and don't forget the Berlin attacker or Stockholm attackers who were actually asylum seekers.

Then fast forward 20/30 odd years and see how well their offspring have integrated into their new societies.
    I find it very hard to believe their kids will integrate when the parents are already refusing to do so.

But you go right ahead believing the arrogant hogwash that you and the rest of the Western luvies/lefties can somehow convert them from their backwards misogynistic beliefs.

boatmad after all your waffle about Nazis I think I have indeed found some commonality here.
    You are beginning to remind me of Neville Chamberlain.

You actually believe you can reason with these guys and come to some sort of accommodation with them.
    You have continously tried to equate them to the IRA, (that appears to be latest go to in these debates), but you are either too arrogant or something else to notice they don't want anything from you bar complete submission to their beliefs.
    Convert to their brand of religion and live a serfs lifestyle or DIE.

Some of us see an alternative more Churchillian option and that is fight for our countries and our way of life, however decrepit you and others may see it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

This is why the term is bullsh*t. What is irrational about...

You don't get much more pathetic than that post. Didn't answer what was irrational about not liking a doctrine like Islam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭C Montgomery Gurns II

It's funny that. The three most left wing, Corbynite, Guardianista, liberal working class Brits I know are from Weston Super Mare, rural Scotland and Cumbria. The ones who would tend to swing towards a UKIP/ EDL frame of mind are from places like Luton, London, Manchester, Lancashire and West Yorkshire. One of them is of a mixed South Asian background, one of Jewish descent, and several more of European migrant descent (Irish, Maltese, Greek)

You would almost think the lads in column B, who don't for the most part even know each other, had something in common life experience wise. But no, as my friend from Weston says, they're a bunch of knuckle dragging neanderthal bigots and that's the end of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

It's funny that. The three most left wing, Corbynite, Guardianista, liberal working class Brits I know are from Weston Super Mare, rural Scotland and Cumbria. The ones who would tend to swing towards a UKIP/ EDL frame of mind are from places like Luton, London, Manchester, Lancashire and West Yorkshire. One of them is of a mixed South Asian background, one of Jewish descent, and several more of European migrant descent (Irish, Maltese, Greek)

You would almost think the lads in column B, who don't for the most part even know each other, had something in common life experience wise. But no, as my friend from Weston says, they're a bunch of knuckle dragging neanderthal bigots and that's the end of that.

That they are knuckle dragging neanderthal bigots doesn't necessarily mean they they're wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,168 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

At the end of the day, it?s still an irrational fear and is viewed as a disorder. A disorder you can seek help with if you so wish.

Funny you equate muslims with spiders and snakes.

I know for a fact that some spiders and snakes have the capability of killing me.
    I know some of them given the right conditions may have a desire to kill me or hurt me.
    And yes that does make me wary of some spiders and snakes, most especially the ones from other parts of the world and not native to this part of the world.

Of course to some that is a phobia, but to me it is common sense.
    And I think to most people it is common sense otherwise we would all be snake charmers and Steve Irwins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭C Montgomery Gurns II

Ronaldinho wrote: »
    That they are knuckle dragging neanderthal bigots doesn't necessarily mean they they're wrong though.

But they aren't bigots. Some of them aren't even white. They aren't even anti Islam per say. They are anti the type of gangsta cum Islamist gimps they come across with unwanted regularity who have no respect for the town. Take Ireland, for example. Most people here are against the planned refugee intake, mainly due to the costs involved, the preferential treatment given to them in allocation of housing, and the perceived risk, given the rape epidemic in Germany and the amount of lone wolf attacks in Europe. But few, if any, of these people, dislike Muslims per se. They have little to nothing against the ones that are already here, primarily because the type of thing that exists in Muslim communities in the UK and on the continent (sexual assaults, youth gangs, council estates full of the unemployable living off the public tit) are pretty much non existent here. Irish bred Muslim children probably have more indigenous friends than they do Muslim. Something that in the likes of Luton and Huddersfield would be pretty much unheard of. Check any Sky News post on FB and have a snoop at the accounts of your average young British Muslim- 9 times out of 10 pretty much everyone on their friend list is someone from within their own community. The simple fact is, throughout Europe there are people growing up in estates filled with almost zero people descended from the state they reside in, going to schools of a similar make up, never mixing with any people of native background. Not long ago I read Zlatan Ibrahimovic's autobiography, and he talks about growing up in a migrant estate in Sweden in the 90's. He said that come world cup time, the kids would either support the team of their father's land or adopt a favorite team based on their skill/ favorite players (much like Irish people do to keep things interesting seeing as we fail to qualify for most of them), you got the impression that nobody even thought to back Sweden. He grew up somewhere where nobody watched Swedish TV, the Swedish team, films, it was all satellite channels and videotapes from the homeland.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement