Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you report a social welfare cheat?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Well who am I to judge. Who is anyone. So not going to judge you.

But one question comes to mind and that's did she know it was you who reported?

No, not to my knowledge. I never told anybody and she wouldn't have been privy to who reported her as it's anonymous.
    This was a good few years ago so it was by phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Reporting social welfare fraud comes with hypocrisy... It's just a fact of life.

A person can stand against it and report a neighbor or a person they know. But all too often it's only because it's a person who they do not like / envious of / who's done something to them etc.

How many really report their father, mother, brother, sister, best mate etc. You see my point. So all this "would you" stuff is all crap sadly.

No way is it. Simply a choice you make .

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Glenster wrote: »
    I personally wouldnt report family.

But that doesnt mean I think they shouldnt be reported. I'm just weak and sentimental.

All cheats should be caught and punished.

TBH I dont care why someone is reported. A perfect solution would be if everyone was thoroughly investigated but there aren't the resources for that.

We all fill the forms in so this is .... Just some seem to have an issue with the truth is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,180 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Graces7 wrote: »
    A truly judgemental post of the most devious kind... actually the reporting facility online is anonymous OF COURSE

Actually no. Cheers for taking the wrong end of the stick tho.
    Graces7 wrote: »
    No way is it. Simply a choice you make .

Don't be naive.

Advertisement