Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guards entering bus - greeted with angry passengers

Options
1235»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Discodog wrote: »
    How ? What information could necessitate stopping a bus & asking for ID ? Did they arrest people ?

how about that a wanted criminal was on a bus about to leave the country ?

wouldnt that make it a good idea to stop the bus and check who is on it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,214 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

So you must perceive that your benefiting from the corruption in some way to claim it doesn't exist. Haughey, Ahern, Lalor, Burke, Lowry, Denis O'Brien, Fingers Fingleton, Seanie Fitzpatrick etc not to worry, nothing to see here, move along, it only lead to the bankruptcy of the country.

the poster never claimed it didnt exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭return guide

Our nation was barely 20 years old and still trying to drag itself out of the mess your 'wonderful' nation left it in and parasited off for centuries. The RoI was peacefully neutral while in England they were been bombed to bits, rationing, evacuations etc Only misfits and rejects went to England and joined it's forces.

Ok, I will bite on this one...

You should really get your facts right.

The Republic of Ireland (RoI) did not exist during the second world war. It was officially declared a republic in 1949, following the Republic of Ireland Act 1948.

It is well known that Ireland, although officially neutral in ww2, was sympathetic to the allies by returning downed airmen across the border and allowing flights over Donegal from Derry amongst other acts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭C Montgomery Gurns II

Noveight wrote: »
    The best example I've seen yet. Abuse of power, no less :rolleyes:

"I'm entitled to a lot of things but I don't get them in this country".

Well we seem to have given our Scottish pal a council flat, how many more entitlements are we withholding from him?

"This is what you learn about in school Saorse, ....... Saorse"! .

I knew this reminded me of something

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2014/04/20/gerry-adams-denies-knowledge-of-disappeared-easter-eggs/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Noddyholder

"I'm entitled to a lot of things but I don't get them in this country".

Well we seem to have given our Scottish pal a council flat, how many more entitlements are we withholding from him?

How you know he doesn't own it after working for years in Scotland but was born in Ireland ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

So you must perceive that your benefiting from the corruption in some way to claim it doesn't exist. Haughey, Ahern, Lalor, Burke, Lowry, Denis O'Brien, Fingers Fingleton, Seanie Fitzpatrick etc not to worry, nothing to see here, move along, it only lead to the bankruptcy of the country.

You know nothing Jon Snow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 272 ✭✭Stars and Stripes

Ok, I will bite on this one...

You should really get your facts right.

The Republic of Ireland (RoI) did not exist during the second world war. It was officially declared a republic in 1949, following the Republic of Ireland Act 1948.

It is well known that Ireland, although officially neutral in ww2, was sympathetic to the allies by returning downed airmen across the border and allowing flights over Donegal from Derry amongst other acts.
    True enough the RoI was still called the Free State, so did you have many reject relations serving in the Brit forces ?

mynamejeff wrote: »
    JAsas theres some good old fashioned classical shinnerbot troll on this thread

lads claiming personal experience of regular dealings with special branch. if true theres a good reason why they were looking at you . more likely the closest to special branch they ever got was hiding in the bushes with a few cans.

realistically a couple of former or active terrorists were identified as they were about to leave the country. wouldnt be unusual for some of them to have warrants or to still be involved in criminality at a older age. i know one near 70 year old republican doing 3 months for frauds right now ,

i suppose the irony of a crowd of idiots travelling from dublin to another country to commemorate something that happened in dublin is lost on most ?

Your reading to many comics ,

Its quite common for Republicans to be stop n searched with the only reason needed them being republicans.

Maybe you should read some History books about why people from here would travel up to the six counties.

I know a 85 year old former garda who hates with a passion fianna fail people, its a strange world init.

cursai wrote: »
    You know nothing Jon Snow.
    Your soooo witty ....

V7wRW6k.gif

• Advertisement

Its quite common for Republicans to be stop n searched with the only reason needed them being republicans.

Maybe you should read some History books about why people from here would travel up to the six counties.

I know a 85 year old former garda who hates with a passion fianna fail people, its a strange world init.
    Nothing strange about hating Fine Failers, it's actually quite common.

How you know he doesn't own it after working for years in Scotland but was born in Ireland ??

Well for a start I'm fairly sure it has always been impossible to buy a DCC flat off the corpo (seeing if they want to toss the block a few years later you could hold them to ransom for a pay out)

its quite common for people with convictions for serious offences to be stopped and checked too

do you think that someone who had been convicted of murder and released under the GFA would be still of interest to the organisations that are working for the security of the state ?
    after all a lot of these idiots think there is a war still going on ......

it would seem i know my history a little better than you do noddy :p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,849 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

19th most corrupt country, we were 17th

The discussion ignores the action of the Guards & focuses on it being justified because of the suspects.

That's what police states say

mynamejeff wrote: »
    its quite common for people with convictions for serious offences to be stopped and checked too

do you think that someone who had been convicted of murder and released under the GFA would be still of interest to the organisations that are working for the security of the state ?
    after all a lot of these idiots think there is a war still going on ......

it would seem i know my history a little better than you do noddy :p

Of course jeff, The garda stop buses regurly enough and ask everybody on board there name & address , stop messing.

Yes I do think they would be of intrest, I never said they shouldn't have been stopped & futher back in the thread I did state that if your involved its to be expected.

Know jeff you don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Could be worse, like the sad clowns who go around pestering people for money to buy a poppy for weeks on end. Even a few clowns in Ireland believe in wearing one for some family reject who fecked off to England and joined their military.

A strange user name choice considering you post such comments.

Going by this thread, justice is what we want, but it must not inconvenience us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Of course jeff, The garda stop buses regurly enough and ask everybody on board there name & address , stop messing.

Of course they don't. They vast majority of people aren't terrorists or supporters of terrorist organisations, so they're never going to be stopped by the police. If the guards come across people who have links to these organisations, they'll stop them. Given the destination of that bus and the fact that it was Easter weekend, i'm confident that the police had good reason to stop that vehicle. They can stop these people and make their lives as difficult as possible, as far as I am concerned.

God bless the Gardai and God bless the work.

Yes I do think they would be of intrest, I never said they shouldn't have been stopped & futher back in the thread I did state that if your involved its to be expected.

Know jeff you don't.

but if you look noddy you ll see that i said nothing like that did i ?

you just made something up .

just like the people on the bus being offended by the police rightly paying them attention. its just a shame they were horrible enough to bring their kids along to involve them in their archaic and dying cult

The dissidents and those that back them really a shower of utter gob****es let's be honest. The Real IRA are in existence 20 years and anywhere between 150 and 300 strong, and have managed to kill a total of five members of the security forces in their "war".

I'm not criticising the lack of kill rate, more their point of existance. Five of their specified targets vs the dozens of others killed in Omagh, drug wars and internal disputes. People like Rose Lynch and the guy who was killed in the Kinahan feud are still honoured online as POW's and fallen volunteers (a fallen RIRA drug dealer who let his mother take the harge, who died in a Dublin drug war. Jesus wept). Imagine getting a bus up from Dublin to hang out with these tools.

• Advertisement

Advertisement