Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guards entering bus - greeted with angry passengers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

This bus has been followed since Tallaght. That explains it.

A bunch of self proclaimed republicans travelling from Tallaght to Drogheda?

It'd be dereliction of duty not to check it.

The guards get awful abuse from scum all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Sounds like the lad has had previous interactions with the Gardai multiple times.

Also sounds like no-one wants their children on the video that he is taking.

Heck, for all we know the child of the old person they're looking for is in critical condition in the hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,229 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I don't see any problem here at all.

If I was intending to travel to NI to join a parade in support of dissident republicans, I would expect police interest in me tbh.

These folk have been watching too many R2W protests. I thought they were harder than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Most of these videos that I've seen discrediting the Gardai are generally put up by rough yokes. Who'd you want nothing to do with!

Any anti-Garda comments on Facebook videos or articles are usually left by people who can't spell worth a sh!te and have atrocious grammar. Usually they're full time mad bastards too and have kids called Kayden and Jayden.

Also, the toe rags on that bus screaming their heads off about the kids being scared are ironically the ones making them scared with their effing and blinding.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 242 ✭✭PREG1967

NIMAN wrote: »
    Jez, what a knob.

Guards were trying to slip away a few times, the way you do when you are chatting to a nutter, but he kept coming up with more nonsense, and they didn't want to appear rude and just walk off.

Love how he's entitled to a lot of things.
    he's obviously been abused by the Guards at some point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I am not a Republican & as a relative outsider, I find the actions of the Guards to be stupid, pointless & provocative. There would be uproar if it happened in the UK. If the public think that this is acceptable then you deserve the Gardai that you get.

If there is someone on the bus, that you wish to talk to, then simply follow it & wait until they get off. It reminded me of the scene in war films where the gestapo get on the bus & ask for papers.

The fact they they were uniformed & in numbers shows that it was more an exercise in harassment. If they genuinely needed to stop the bus as a crime had been committed it might be different. But even then there are ways to do it. What ever happened to being polite ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Discodog wrote: »
    I am not a Republican & as a relative outsider, I find the actions of the Guards to be stupid, pointless & provocative. There would be uproar if it happened in the UK. If the public think that this is acceptable then you deserve the Gardai that you get.

If there is someone on the bus, that you wish to talk to, then simply follow it & wait until they get off. It reminded me of the scene in war films where the gestapo get on the bus & ask for papers.

The fact they they were uniformed & in numbers shows that it was more an exercise in harassment. If they genuinely needed to stop the bus as a crime had been committed it might be different. But even then there are ways to do it. What ever happened to being polite ?

Gardaí are not allowed simply drive into NI and stop someone getting off a bus.

The guards seemed perfectly polite to me.
    And FYI they were not in uniform, maybe you watched a different video than the rest of us?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Guy Sajer

Omackeral wrote: »
    Any anti-Garda comments on Facebook videos or articles are usually left by people who can't spell worth a sh!te and have atrocious grammar.

I have to laugh at this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

These people aren't republicans.....the're living trolls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,308 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

the bus was going to northern ireland. the gardai have no jurisdiction there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I wonder did the kids have their little paramilitary uniforms for the parade packed in the boot of the bus?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Nothing to see here to be honest....the only one scaring the children (if they were actually scared at all) was the so called 'gobby aul one' shouting like a lunatic at men simply doing their job.

The dogs on the street could tell the Gardai were looking for some-one or something in particular.

They were well within their rights to stop the bus and search it and the passengers as necessary.

the bus was going to northern ireland. the gardai have no jurisdiction there.

Won countree! Won peeple! Chucky our law!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Noddyholder

As far as would make out the bus be travelling to the six counties to take part in Easter commemorations, Which contrary to what another poster said does happen all over The Island of Ireland every Easter, & is part of this country's history.

If they were attending dissident republican parades they certainly would expect to get pulled over as only Sunday in Belfast there spokesman was saying that there war is not over & attacks will continue.

Its not an unusual occurrence & its fully to be expected, but with social media nowadays its good propaganda to, Wonder how that new law would effect them folks doing the filming ?? Would expect trouble there if it was implemented in that scene.

For the garda its just an intelligent gathering exercise in seeing who is who.

Bunch of knuckle-dragging dissident Republican sympathizers get stopped on their way up to Belfast where they march behind masked individuals. Gardai doing their jobs. If you hang around with the IRSP and other fronts for dissident Republican groups then you'll find yourself coming to the attention of the police.

More than likely, but such attention needs to stay within the boundaries of the law too, which it seems it didn't if you read the following. These two should lose their jobs IMO.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/tape-of-garda-threats-to-man-s-wife-and-child-collapses-trial-1.3017992

More than likely, but such attention needs to stay within the boundaries of the law too, which it seems it didn't if you read the following. These two should lose their jobs IMO.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/tape-of-garda-threats-to-man-s-wife-and-child-collapses-trial-1.3017992

Thats subscription only.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

It is because of the constant monitoring of these people is why all of their terror attacks get foiled. Stop and identify exercises like this are important for public safety.

These are not just a bunch or loony far-left "republicans". These are terrorists, terrorist Sympathisers, terror fundraisers, terror enablers. Dangerous people.

If Anjem Choudary was performing a rally somewhere in Ireland and there were a couple of coaches going to and from Clonskeagh mosque, do you think it might be a good idea to monitor are on those buses?

Whether it be ISIS supporters or IRA supporters, they are all dangerous, they all need to be monitored, they all need to be within a hairs breath of being arrested at any time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 263 ✭✭CoolHandBandit

This bus has been followed since Tallaght. That explains it.

Why, what's wrong with Tallaght?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

"This is what you learn about in school Saorse, bullies! Rise above the bullies Saorse"! Nothing but a bus load of scumbags. Im absolutely sick of this type of person that doesn't have a clue what they're shouting about.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Noveight wrote: »
    The best example I've seen yet. Abuse of power, no less :rolleyes:
    They have some cheek to call it abuse of power!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

The loudmouth going on about the guards being bullies reminds me of my uncle. He got pulled over in England for drink driving in England when I was twelve. He told me to get out of the car and started parading me in front of the police. It frightened the shite out of me. I haven't thought much of him since then. I still think anyone who uses their kids to worm their way out of trouble is a dickhead.

bubblypop wrote: »
    The guards seemed perfectly polite to me.
    And FYI they were not in uniform, maybe you watched a different video than the rest of us?

So Garda baseball hats & bomber jackets with Garda on them aren't uniform ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

"Stop recording my child" he says as he films the child and posts the video online. And there was nothing wrong with the girl until the mother started screaming.

It is because of the constant monitoring of these people is why all of their terror attacks get foiled. Stop and identify exercises like this are important for public safety.

These are not just a bunch or loony far-left "republicans". These are terrorists, terrorist Sympathisers, terror fundraisers, terror enablers. Dangerous people.

If Anjem Choudary was performing a rally somewhere in Ireland and there were a couple of coaches going to and from Clonskeagh mosque, do you think it might be a good idea to monitor are on those buses?

Whether it be ISIS supporters or IRA supporters, they are all dangerous, they all need to be monitored, they all need to be within a hairs breath of being arrested at any time.

Really ? Arrested for what ? There is no way that the Guards would do the same with a coach load of muslims going to Mosque. I find it amazing that after all the years of negative Garda stories that people still assume that the people they target are always in the wrong. It's like the old no smoke without fire.

I have a strong dislike of the Republican movement but my standards of public service mean that I don't say the Guards are fine because they are questioning Republicans. I used to wonder how the Gardai were allowed to get away with so much. It's because citizens allow it.

If the Guards have to rely on asking people for ID, which there is no legal requirement to carry, as their method of monitoring possible terrorists then heaven help us.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,308 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Really ? Arrested for what ? There is no way that the Guards would do the same with a coach load of muslims going to Mosque. I find it amazing that after all the years of negative Garda stories that people still assume that the people they target are always in the wrong. It's like the old no smoke without fire.

I have a strong dislike of the Republican movement but my standards of public service mean that I don't say the Guards are fine because they are questioning Republicans. I used to wonder how the Gardai were allowed to get away with so much. It's because citizens allow it.

If the Guards have to rely on asking people for ID, which there is no legal requirement to carry, as their method of monitoring possible terrorists then heaven help us.

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/1998/act/39/enacted/en/print.html

Even the name of it sounds like something from the old Soviet Union. So these terrorists carry IRA membership cards ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

FTA69 wrote: »
    It doesn't matter. Theyre fully entitled to pull you over and keep you there. They can also arrest you under the act for pretty much any reason and have the power to hold you for up to three days without charge.

Nope, not unless they have reasonable grounds.

But attending a dissident Republican event in the North might be reasonable grounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Nope, not unless they have reasonable grounds.

But attending a dissident Republican event in the North might be reasonable grounds.

They can make up pretty much anything to constitute "reasonable grounds", something as vague as stating that they believed someone was involved in subversive activity is grounds enough. It's an act that gives them a huge amount of power.

If the cops feel like pulling you over and detaining you they can and will do so very easily.

Advertisement