Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guards entering bus - greeted with angry passengers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

littelady wrote: »
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1528394450538521&id=518620081515968

The attached video from liberal.ie

What's your take on the attached.

Apparently the passengers from Tallagh went to Derry to participate in the weekend celebrations and feel this is the reason for being followed and stopped by the guards.

What's your take?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

If being "loud, screechy and having no vocabulary" was a crime, there would have been many arrests.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

What is your own opinion OP, and reason to post it here?
    A number of women are screaming and children can be heard crying
    STOP THE PRESSES :D

Did gardai explain why they were checking?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

This the bus apparently full or elderly people and children scarred out of their wits by strange men in Garda uniforms,

A gobby republican and gobby oul one .

Says it all really

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

Is the strike over?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

My take is that some muppets still don't know to shoot video on mobiles in landscape!!!!

Guards should be arresting them for that.......and for crimes against the spoken word ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

This bus has been followed since Tallaght. That explains it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

FREEMEN REPUBLICANS, JOE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭littelady

I am at a loss as to why that gobby "lady" feels she has the right to speak to the guards like that. The guards appear to be dressed as special branch I think the were genuinely looking for someone. I don't understand the hostility at all I would provide any information the guards asked me.

• Advertisement

We're the guards not republicans too ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Disgraceful frightening children like that.... silly bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

I am at a loss as to why that gobby "lady" feels she has the right to speak to the guards like that. The guards appear to be dressed as special branch I think the were genuinely looking for someone. I don't understand the hostility at all I would provide any information the guards asked me.

They probably weren't looking for anyone in particular to be honest. The Special Branch just like getting up the arses of Republicans and this sort of routine harassment and searches etc is just common pressure they put on groups of interest to them.

Really Tfa69 that's allot of special branch to justify getting up the arse of Republicans. .I don't mix in them circles I lead a quiet life, never see a guard from one day to the next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

Sounds like most people were fine, but some scumbags were not - maybe cos they had something to hide :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

FTA69 wrote: »
    They probably weren't looking for anyone in particular to be honest. The Special Branch just like getting up the arses of Republicans and this sort of routine harassment and searches etc is just common pressure they put on groups of interest to them.

While not wanting to seem like I'm defending the harpy in the video, the guards are well able for this sort of thing and fair play for putting in a bit of balance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Imagine your life was so sad and you lacked depth so much that you had to cling on to something like "Republicanism" and go to ridiculous memorials up the North that really have nothing to do with you. Thank God I had smart parents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

The guards seemed civil enough there. Cant see the reason for the panic.

Really Tfa69 that's allot of special branch to justify getting up the arse of Republicans. .I don't mix in them circles I lead a quiet life, never see a guard from one day to the next.

The purpose of the Branch is to monitor and disrupt what they call subversive elements in the state. They do this via covert surveillance on those they suspect of being involved in unlawful activity and also overt disruption and harassment of the general support base or political base of republicanism. Often it has little to do with actually making a case and plenty to do with trying to make life generally difficult. I was once stopped and searched three times in one day as a teenager, likewise they showed up at my job at the time and tried telling my manager that I was a dangerous subversive. In other words, doing the bollix for the sake of it. Likewise them being mob handed isn't unusual, One time I ended up pulled over in a garage with 17 cops including the armed response unit.

I have little time for the group that was stopped, but I don't think the cops were up to any actual police work either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 263 ✭✭CoolHandBandit

With the carry on of the Gardai of late it's no wonder people are angry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,233 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Credit to the Gardai, I must have watched about 100 separate videos where I'm supposed to be horrified about their behavior but they always act professional. The people being questioned or arrested are always the arseholes.

No doubt that gardai go overboard sometimes, but never saw it on one of these videos yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

Bunch of knuckle-dragging dissident Republican sympathizers get stopped on their way up to Belfast where they march behind masked individuals. Gardai doing their jobs. If you hang around with the IRSP and other fronts for dissident Republican groups then you'll find yourself coming to the attention of the police.

World's smallest violin being played here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

Cienciano wrote: »
    Credit to the Gardai, I must have watched about 100 separate videos where I'm supposed to be horrified about their behavior but they always act professional. The people being questioned or arrested are always the arseholes.

No doubt that gardai go overboard sometimes, but never saw it on one of these videos yet

The problem with uploading it immediately to Facebook was that they didn't get time to do their selective editing thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Ffs stop sharing stuff from the so called liberal. Don't give those parasites any oxygen of exposure.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I would suspect there's a healthy number of "fcuk da Garda" tattoos amongst that particular clientele.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

This whole incident seems a bit weird - why were they asking for ID? What or who were they looking for?

Given that we don't have mandatory ID cards in Ireland, do they actually have a legal basis for requesting this information, assuming they do not suspect that a crime is being committed?

This whole incident seems a bit weird - why were they asking for ID? What or who were they looking for?

Given that we don't have mandatory ID cards in Ireland, do they actually have a legal basis for requesting this information, assuming they do not suspect that a crime is being committed?

Offenses Against The State Act gives them carte Blanche to request details or detain people at their discretion.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Passengers sound like the same breed of gimp at the water protests shouting "peaceful pwotest", so yeah, I'm all for this search.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

I didn't hear the cops asking for ID. In fact I didn't hear them say anything. Too much pointless, gobby screeching going on. Republicans? I'd say they're more familiar to the Publican than any actual Republicans. Pointless Fleg waving shoite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Seriously? It's their job. Are you a republihkanism?

Advertisement