Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guards entering bus - greeted with angry passengers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Years ago the customs used to enter the bus and search your bags.
    Nobody complained at all.
    I didn't see anything at all wrong in what the Garda did on the bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭littelady

I would love to have the gobby wan ! On ask me anything !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

They're damned if they do and dammed if they don't.......but only by slobbering worthless ejjits. Search the bejaysus ou of the lot of them and confiscate all their kids and the reproductive organs that created the poor things.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,111 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Any idea why it was stopped or what they were going to Derry for...? "Celebrations" is a bit vague.

I'm guessing the big-talker had a kilo and a half of Columbia's finest in his suitcase...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭dev100

FTA69 wrote:
    Offenses Against The State Act gives them carte Blanche to request details or detain people at their discretion.

Sitting on a bus ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

dev100 wrote: »
    Sitting on a bus ?

Depends where it's going.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

dev100 wrote: »
    Sitting on a bus ?

It doesn't matter. Theyre fully entitled to pull you over and keep you there. They can also arrest you under the act for pretty much any reason and have the power to hold you for up to three days without charge.

Beyondgone wrote: »
    Depends where it's going.

And who's on it. Where it came from. And who's on it.

Any idea why it was stopped or what they were going to Derry for...? "Celebrations" is a bit vague.

I'm guessing the big-talker had a kilo and a half of Columbia's finest in his suitcase...

A kilo weight of chip on their shoulder.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Seems like a worthwhile stop. 20 kilos of coke were recovered, 547 speeding tickets and 20 drink driving offences were issued.

(Will it ever get old. It has.)

• Advertisement

PARlance wrote: »
    Seems like a worthwhile stop. 20 kilos of coke were recovered, 547 speeding tickets and 20 drink driving offences were issued.

(Will it ever get old. It has.)

Huh!!! 20 drink driving offences? But a bus only has ONE driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

cursai wrote: »
    Huh!!! 20 drink driving offences? But a bus only has ONE driver.

Exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I thought Norn Iron was fcuked up enough without sending that shower up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Did no one shout "peaceful protest" or "let him breathe"?
    Standards are slippin' lads......;)

washiskin wrote: »
    Did no one shout "peaceful protest" or "let him breathe"?
    Standards are slippin' lads......;)

Not even a glimmer of "Ah heyor! Leave it ouh!"" either. ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

The Gardai are obviously looking for someone linked to illegal activities.

My poor heart bleeds for them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 109 ✭✭Dublin Pintman

Ah heyor!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,309 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Most of these videos that I've seen discrediting the Gardai are generally put up by rough yokes. Who'd you want nothing to do with!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I didn't hear the cops asking for ID. In fact I didn't hear them say anything. Too much pointless, gobby screeching going on. Republicans? I'd say they're more familiar to the Publican than any actual Republicans. Pointless Fleg waving shoite.

Maybe so, but it's not every day they board a bus, to be fair. There must either have been something they were looking for, or they were indeed profiling and hassling Republicans. Seems very unlikely that it was random.

Maybe so, but it's not every day they board a bus, to be fair. There must either have been something they were looking for, or they were indeed profiling and hassling Republicans. Seems very unlikely that it was random.

If you've ever driven around sallins close to wolfe-tone time, you know the answer to that. I'm not anti-Republican tb100%h, I'm just anti pointless screechy annoying outer edgers who want to invoke the spirit of dead Freemen long buried. STFU ffs. Pretty much. Dignity is priceless. Screeching is cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭littelady

I think it would be in the nations interest for the social to start elocution lessons and Lady like mannerisms for the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

If you've ever driven around sallins close to wolfe-tone time, you know the answer to that. I'm not anti-Republican tb100%h, I'm just anti pointless screechy annoying outer edgers who want to invoke the spirit of dead Freemen long buried. STFU ffs. Pretty much. Dignity is priceless. Screeching is cheap.

I agree that they didn't cover themselves in glory, but I do take issue with the potential profiling of a movement which has long since faded from relevance and violence. It strikes me that in the current post-troubles climate, profiling Republicans just because they're Republicans and therefore *might* be up to no good is extremely counter-productive. If the Gardai had specific evidence of crimes being committed on that specific bus, or intended by some of its occupants once it reached its destination, then I have no problem with the stop and search. I have a problem with it if it's just hassling people for the sake of hassling them because of the politics they identify with. It's pointless, inflammatory, unhelpful, and in my view something the police should not be allowed to do. Profiling of any kind always leads to needless issues and resentment in any community.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 242 ✭✭PREG1967

littelady wrote: »
    I think it would be in the nations interest for the social to start elocution lessons and Lady like mannerisms for the likes.

the commuters are a special branch of CIE otherwise known as Bus Oglaigh na hÉireann

I agree that they didn't cover themselves in glory, but I do take issue with the potential profiling of a movement which has long since faded from relevance and violence. It strikes me that in the current post-troubles climate, profiling Republicans just because they're Republicans and therefore *might* be up to no good is extremely counter-productive. If the Gardai had specific evidence of crimes being committed on that specific bus, or intended by some of its occupants once it reached its destination, then I have no problem with the stop and search. I have a problem with it if it's just hassling people for the sake of hassling them because of the politics they identify with. It's pointless, inflammatory, unhelpful, and in my view something the police should not be allowed to do. Profiling of any kind always leads to needless issues and resentment in any community.
    Look Lad, you pick a side. One or the other. If you pick Republicanism, Garda hassle goes with the territory. Crying about it just comes across as a bit wussy. It cuts both ways.

On their way to a dissident republican march in Derry.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

I dont understand the unprovoked animosity towards gardai that seems so prevalent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Cienciano wrote: »
    Credit to the Gardai, I must have watched about 100 separate videos where I'm supposed to be horrified about their behavior but they always act professional. The people being questioned or arrested are always the arseholes.

The best example I've seen yet. Abuse of power, no less :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,149 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Jez, what a knob.

Guards were trying to slip away a few times, the way you do when you are chatting to a nutter, but he kept coming up with more nonsense, and they didn't want to appear rude and just walk off.

Love how he's entitled to a lot of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Comments disabled. Guess he wasn't fond of being called a knob by people who viewed the video.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Bunch of knuckle-dragging dissident Republican sympathizers get stopped on their way up to Belfast where they march behind masked individuals. Gardai doing their jobs. If you hang around with the IRSP and other fronts for dissident Republican groups then you'll find yourself coming to the attention of the police.

World's smallest violin being played here.

I've little time for the dissidents but there is a glaring exception to this rule.

If your useful in terms bashing SF, Labour will put you in their national convention and FG+Labour will give you a comfy seat at the Senate.

Advertisement