Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wives... were you glad pubs weren't open today

Options
  • 15-04-2017 2:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭

I have to say I was, hubbie often scuttles off to the pub after work on Fridays & is sick on Saturday, but he was off today, came for a walk & a coffee with me, spent time with the kids, joined us for a movie, it was so nice. He misses so much family time at the weekends as he goes out on a Saturday night too, I don't go out because the early morning football runs kill me, I need my sleep, he comes too, but often hungover, I can't do that... and to think he'll be up tomorrow morning to help out will be fantastic.... I loved it... I don't allow him to come into our bed at the weekend because of the snoring & smell of alcohol but it will be so nice to wake up warm tomorrow with no smell of beer!!! I might even get a cuddle:))

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Put the foot down, why should he be out enjoying himself and your stuck having to keep the kids entertained over the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭nhunter100

mockingjay wrote:
    I have to say I was, hubbie often scuttles off to the pub after work on Fridays & is sick on Saturday, but he was off today, came for a walk & a coffee with me, spent time with the kids, joined us for a movie, it was so nice. He misses so much family time at the weekends as he goes out on a Saturday night too, I don't go out because the early morning football runs kill me, I need my sleep, he comes too, but often hungover, I can't do that... and to think he'll be up tomorrow morning to help out will be fantastic.... I loved it... I don't allow him to come into our bed at the weekend because of the snoring & smell of alcohol but it will be so nice to wake up warm tomorrow with no smell of beer!!! I might even get a cuddle )

Tbh sounds like he has a problem. I enjoy my few beers as do my mates but family does not take second place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Sure an ould Ride wouldn't kill him either seeing as your in such a good mood

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 22,241 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Two questions, OP....

1. How did you manage to post from the 1970s?
    2. No. That's it. How did you post here from decades ago?!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,691 ✭✭✭buried

I'm a single man and I wouldn't go next or near the pubs at the weekends, its just too grim. Sounds like you all had a good day today though, ye should organise trips out the weekends of the summer, there are great walks and trails all over the country, the kids will love it and so willl your husband by the sounds of it. Take control with a dose of honey like today. Don't try to take control with prohibition vinegar.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

whaa.jpg

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

3/10.

Of course it begs the question, why didn't you have the tinnies stocked up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

I was all set to defend your husband when I opened the thread but that's actually pretty sh*t.

Are you the poster who couldn't afford to go your work Christmas party because you didn't have €100 to spare? How does your husband afford to go out every Friday and Saturday night and you can't even go out to a once off party?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

I don't allow him to come into our bed at the weekend because of the snoring & smell of alcohol but it will be so nice to wake up warm tomorrow with no smell of beer!!! [/QUOTE]

Ah this is not right for either you or him, as a friend of mine says "he needs to have a chat with himself", it just shows what a good day both of you and the kids had today when there was no alcohol involved, that's the way it should be every weekend not just as a treat cause the pubs weren't open.

• Advertisement

See post #8

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

He sounds like a fcking nightmare. You should be getting cuddles anyway don't mind wishing for the odd one. Funt up the hole into tomorrow will sort him out, choosing pubs over his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Husband sounds like an arse, going out drinking without you and them being useless of a Saturday. I'm happy you had a good day but doesn't sound like you averaged weekend is much fun :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

mockingjay wrote: »
    I have to say I was, hubbie often scuttles off to the pub after work on Fridays & is sick on Saturday, but he was off today, came for a walk & a coffee with me, spent time with the kids, joined us for a movie, it was so nice. He misses so much family time at the weekends as he goes out on a Saturday night too, I don't go out because the early morning football runs kill me, I need my sleep, he comes too, but often hungover, I can't do that... and to think he'll be up tomorrow morning to help out will be fantastic.... I loved it... I don't allow him to come into our bed at the weekend because of the snoring & smell of alcohol but it will be so nice to wake up warm tomorrow with no smell of beer!!! I might even get a cuddle:))

That sounds like a blissful marraige...

On a serious note that reads as a very sad post. Heavy drinking in households has an effect on the children as they grow into adults. Be aware of it. I have first hand experience of this.

I would recommend the book "Adult Children of Alcoholics". Its an eye opener.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

Your husband sounds like a selfish arse :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

sugarman wrote: »
    I love how everyone is so quick to judge the husband without knowing any real facts. Maybe he breaks his bollox doing a 50-60hrs week job he hates, trying to provide for said family and is more than entitled to destress and enjoy himself over the weekend as he feels. Maybe it's the only time he sees his friends.

Maybe the OP drops the kids off to school each day and sits at home catching up on her soaps.. maybe even having a glass of wine or two having a bit of me time.. or perhaps out shopping or having lunch with her friends.

Nobody knows.

...And maybe this thread is a fictional troll!

Well a very quick look over her previous posts says she leaves at 6.50am every morning to go to work in her full time job.

And that it's highly unlikely from her posting history, that she's a troll.

She also didn't give out about her husband at all just said it was nice to have him home.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Not all families are husband-wife and this story is very one sided.

On a side note if this is a personal issue as some seem to think so then it would have been posted in the personal issues forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

That is a sorry state of affairs OP. He is a dad and a husband. That should come before his drinking.
    Fair play to you for keeping the family unit going.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Game Face MCGee

I feel bad for the op, her husband sounds like a selfish prick!!

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭sassyj

Depressing post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭sassyj

endacl wrote: »
    Two questions, OP....

1. How did you manage to post from the 1970s?
    2. No. That's it. How did you post here from decades ago?!?

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

In sickness and in health

For richer and for poorer

Break the deal spin the wheel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

If you regularly get hangovers you're an alcoholic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Chuchote wrote: »

Clearly the solution here is to keep drinking to avoid it so?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Sounds like alcohol is more important to him than his wife and family. Have you thought about having a chat about the impact that his drinking is having on your family? I love a few beers, but if it's keeping me in bed for most of the weekend recovering and preventing me from oartuaking in the family I'd probably do something about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Sounds like alcohol is more important to him than his wife and family. Have you thought about having a chat about the impact that his drinking is having on your family? I love a few beers, but if it's keeping me in bed for most of the weekend recovering and preventing me from oartuaking in the family I'd probably do something about it.

By family you mean your bike? Right?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Insulting subject line. She's assuming just because her husband treats her badly that most other wives are in this situation too?:rolleyes:

Chuchote wrote: »

Nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Bloody Muslims.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Will some people relax and be not so quick to judge. 'Your husbands an ass', 'your husbands an alcoholic'. We know **** all about these people and their marriage.

I can imagine the OP coming back to read the comments here and feeling miserable going through them when she was seemingly in a good mood.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement