Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2017 babies club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,537 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

donkey10 wrote: »
    Congrats yourdeadwright! Great news. Exciting times ahead!

Milly - My fella sticks his hands down his throat to get my attention and pukes all over the place! He knows exactly what he is doing!
    If I put him in the cot when I am getting ready in the morning and he doesnt like being there too long so he looks at me and does it knowing well I will take him out!!

oh ye they defo know exactly what there doing, I reckon our little one figured out when she falls we come running to make sure she is ok so now just throws herself on the deck for attention ,

The getting sick must be a bit upsetting for you's , its amazing how clever they are so young ,

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭donkey10

oh ye they defo know exactly what there doing, I reckon our little one figured out when she falls we come running to make sure she is ok so now just throws herself on the deck for attention ,

The getting sick must be a bit upsetting for you's , its amazing how clever they are so young ,

Isn't is so amazing like but I suppose we were all that way when we were toddlers too!

How are the words coming along?

My fella is 16 and a half months and he hasnt a lot of words - mammy, daddy, nana, ball, Anne (childminder's name), brum brum, maaa, bow wow. He will repeat stuff like "oh jee" and "all gone" when I ask him to say it, but will not say these words himself. He understands everything but I would be worried about the whole words thing. Maybe I am just being paranoid

donkey10 wrote: »
    Isn't is so amazing like but I suppose we were all that way when we were toddlers too!

How are the words coming along?

My fella is 16 and a half months and he hasnt a lot of words - mammy, daddy, nana, ball, Anne (childminder's name), brum brum, maaa, bow wow. He will repeat stuff like "oh jee" and "all gone" when I ask him to say it, but will not say these words himself. He understands everything but I would be worried about the whole words thing. Maybe I am just being paranoid

My little one is similar not many words but has little conversation that make no sense so she is trying ,

She actually says most of the words you mentioned , her favourites are More, Come on with a hand movement and now

Wow is a big one when ever she see's a truck, a bus or a train its WOW ,

I wouldn't worry she sounds like she is at the same stage as most her age,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Love all the stories... The babbling is gas... Herself has look at this!! she loves to say it and go go go, all the rest are signs... I love their faces when they see something new and the caution they have we took herself to the aquarium in Salthill at the weekend and at the start she was clung to us then it was like see ye later!!!

The getting sick thing is just weird well not really, but god i hope she doesnt do it too much I cant be dealing with the smells.. I just about got it all out of the car seat.. I hope she isnt a bad traveller.. I rem going on trips with cousins and being clung to the window while they barfed in dunnes bags and held it in the bag!!! cant do it..

Feeling ok but not as hunky dorey as with the little miss. Have lots of pulling kinda sensations when i move around too much, or clean in the shower :).. And the skin has just calmed down now which is great. Thats why i keep thinking a boy as i never felt like this with herself... Good luck with yer first scan! I suppose the one good thing about all the birthdays together is that they are done and dusted then, ye can save the rest of the year

hello ladies sorry quick one hopefully in time for the bath. Someone suggested putting something in the bath to soothe nappy rash and i cant for the life of me remember. Thinking it was baking soda but not sure.. Her poor arse is very sore so trying our best to soothe it for her

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Proably me...baking soda it was.Works wonders, after a couple of baths.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Have you tried moo goo? It’s magical. Though admittedly a bit more expensive than baking soda!

Ah thanks Shesty that must have been it, i was trying to scroll back through the chats but got too much.. Weve been going a while like :).. Baking soda right might try that for the next bath.. I actually put in some oats and jaysus her skin was so soft after, i was thinking this is one to remember for pampering night, so soft,..

Yeah we use the Moogoo stuff all the time Jm great products love them, started using the creams myself now too... Twas just the rash got so bad the last two days. She was teething and sick ontop of it so a lot of bad nappies.. Tis quite sore looking now and even to poo it hurts her, feel horrible changing her nappy but it has to be done... got some more of th eCALDESENE cream.. Not au natural which i prefer but still it works so hopefully twill help

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Milly33 wrote: »
    hello ladies sorry quick one hopefully in time for the bath. Someone suggested putting something in the bath to soothe nappy rash and i cant for the life of me remember. Thinking it was baking soda but not sure.. Her poor arse is very sore so trying our best to soothe it for her
    Metanium cream is fantastic for nappy rash . If anyone is going to N Ireland or UK ask them to get some
    Meantime your pharmacys might order it for you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Ah thanks Shesty that must have been it, i was trying to scroll back through the chats but got too much.. Weve been going a while like :).. Baking soda right might try that for the next bath.. I actually put in some oats and jaysus her skin was so soft after, i was thinking this is one to remember for pampering night, so soft,..

Yeah we use the Moogoo stuff all the time Jm great products love them, started using the creams myself now too... Twas just the rash got so bad the last two days. She was teething and sick ontop of it so a lot of bad nappies.. Tis quite sore looking now and even to poo it hurts her, feel horrible changing her nappy but it has to be done... got some more of th eCALDESENE cream.. Not au natural which i prefer but still it works so hopefully twill help

It’s desperate when they get sore. The moo goo nappy balm or whatever it’s called was the only thing that worked here at one stage. They’re all different though!

• Advertisement

Never came across the Metanium thanks shall take note, the ingrediants Titanium Dioxide sound so dangerous haha ill have to look them up.. Thank god tis a bit better this morning still sore enough though.. there is just one patch that is a bugger but sure you have to clean it...

She doesnt get it now that often so defo rank the moo goo highly too. The Scalp Cream is great for the scalp and any other kinda odd spots or dry skin. We used to put some under her chin sometimes after the bath.. She never really got cradle cap badly and we used the moo goo from day one.. If you have'nt ordered online yet Jlm is is well worth it, the delivery is fantastic nearly next day and they give you loadsa freebies for yourself.. I have a big bag full of minis and rosehip oil from orders...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Yeah my second child, we had a few weeks where her poor skin was in bits at one point.Obviously very itchy too because the minute you took the nappy off she would try to scratch and broke the skin very easily.Problem was she needed something for fungal nappy rash but also a barrier cream to protect it, and it just wasn't working.Few baths with baking soda in them, and it was incredible, cleared it right up.A nurse friend with older kids suggested it, it was brilliant.You can shake some into her nappy too, but I never tried that.

thank you so much shesty!! Will be sure to try this tom in her bath, i was reading up of the differant types alright god there is just everything isnt there.. Not sure about shaking it in the nappy but defo will try in the bath...

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭donkey10

Metanium cream works wonders https://www.amazon.com/Metanium-Nappy-Rash-Ointment-30g/dp/B000KUALAY
    Apply a small little bit and it really works

thanks Donkey,, thank god tis gone down so it has didnt last too much longer but it was a nasty batch of it..

So next question up for ye ladies, we had such a loverly time today we went to the beach with the little lady and well she loved the water.. Her aunt and uncle took her in just paddling which led to falling down in the water and all that goes but she loved it.. So has anyone used any life jackets or something similiar for their kids? I had an email but sure cant find it recommending life vests for kids.. I was something that she can swim a little in, but also gives us the safety aspect

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

How are you feeling now Milly? I just found out yesterday I’m 5 weeks pregnant! A bit in shock still. It happened very quickly this time and we had a real struggle the first time.

bee06 wrote: »
    How are you feeling now Milly? I just found out yesterday I’m 5 weeks pregnant! A bit in shock still. It happened very quickly this time and we had a real struggle the first time.

Congrats to you both ,

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Congrats bee!

wow Congrats to ye Bee!!! Are ye smitten? We were kinda the same well with the shock side, it was like yes and darn did we actually think about this properly... Are you feeling any symptoms yet?

Not feeling too bad now, have got stupid thread veins alright in my legs (one worse than the other) didnt happen with the first but this time they showed maybe the first month of pregnancy... Odd and really felt pregnant this time as to the first was a breeze.. Old heartburn is back again now too which is like yeah, but all good other than that.. three months left to go..
    y
    The little miss is really after sprouting the last few months, in all ways.. She has grown and is also just gone batty. Very easy to annoy haha and very sure of what she wants to do..

No symptoms yet. I didn’t really have anything in the first trimester either the first time so hoping it’s the same this time!

• Advertisement

Fingers crossed then or well at least i hope they are nice ones when they do arrive... Congrats again tis great..

No symptoms yet. I didn’t really have anything in the first trimester either the first time so hoping it’s the same this time!

When are you actually due ?
    Our new arrival is due the 14th of January ,
    Our first one was Due news year day 2018 but came the first week in December 2017 so this time we will be ready from Christmas on,

When are you actually due ?
    Our new arrival is due the 14th of January ,
    Our first one was Due news year day 2018 but came the first week in December 2017 so this time we will be ready from Christmas on,

The 19th March. I was induced at 40+10 so expect to go over again this time.

Nice spring baby

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Pocos

Hi all congrats to everyone due babies! Just gonna add myself to that group! :)

Delighted to say baby number two (please god) will be here next April! As others have said we have had a “oh my god what have we done moment”! Fun times ahead!!! 6 weeks at the moment and an awful worried so won’t be celebrating until I get to 12 weeks!!!

How is everyone’s little December babies getting on? Our little one started crèche for the first time 2 weeks ago and she’s gone very clingy as a result! But seems happy going in and being collected! Anyone else experience this? Someone said to me it’s an age thing rather than crèche!!!

Lovely time of year to have a baby

Congrats to ye Pocos!!! Yeah oh it is great.. Twas only the last few weeks Ive begun to feel a but heavy as such but then only have 2 months to do so not surprising...

Creche ohhh is she making lots of friends or how is she getting with the other kids?

I just cant believe our little one has grown into such a little girl, it just happened.. The words are begining to come a little bit more now she knows book and for some reason loves curious george and sounds rather cute when she says his name.. Trying to get her off the doodie now, would love to be done with it. Mind we will probably get rid of it and then she will see the babies one (so maybe later) is the best option... She has gone off for the night with her dad and i am just sitting here watching crap TV and putting the feet up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Hi girls. I'm always lurking in here from the Jan 18 thread because that one never really took off.
    Our little girl only started walking last week. She will be 19months on Monday. She had been very contrary and frustrated purely because her brain was at 18months but her body wasn't ready to take off, but no stopping her now. She's honestly like a different little girl.
    Congrats to all the expectant mams. We should have been due no.3 at the end of October but wasn't to be. Sometimes I do think how we would have managed as it's crazy busy with just the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Pocos

Oh heldel00 I’m so sorry to hear that! I did think it may be hard to post on this as I’m totally aware their could be people in your situation or people trying to conceive and it’s just not happening for them right now! It’s so hard and I hope it works out for you!

I too have a jan baby but was due in December and that group never really took off!

Crèche going good milly seems to be happy going in and out but just clingy when home!

Oh the way they say words is adorable isn’t it

• Advertisement

Heldel sorry to hear, no words I am sure would ever do but nice to see you are open to talk about all...Sending a huge hug your way xxx..

Maybe the Jan club was just to mad after christmas and that and with the new year.. Weird how some take off and some dont, haha does that mean our kids willl be chatter boxes as this one took off.. Im in the Oct 2019 thread and tis grand but not too much going on there. Thought it would be more fun.. Getting excited now as thinking about Halloween for the first time might actually decorate this year and see if herself fancies dressing up...

the words are just great, and book book im so happy that she likes her book. She got a loverly pressie from an old friend this princess lights book from M&S and she loves it goes dancing around with it...

Well at least you are getting the hugs when she comes back from crechce, could be worse.. I rem coming home one day after her auntie was minding her expecting a big hug and he ran right past me waiting to go out. I was like well there goes your pressies for holidays.

Advertisement