Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2017 babies club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

I would think she isnt putting on massive weight because she is burning it off, the way we all should be using it.. Fueling up then running around

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Pocos

Milly33 wrote: »
    I would think she isnt putting on massive weight because she is burning it off, the way we all should be using it.. Fueling up then running around

Yes I suppose you are right milly. She probably doesn’t over eat as a toddler only eats to fuel and then burn it off!

So I’d say you are right! Was just wondering did anyone else notice the same with their LO?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Stopped recording her weight, naps etc since 12 months

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

It's the height too pocos...if her height is increasing steadily then her weight is being redistributed and could stay roughly constant for a period any way.My eldest eats like there's no tomorrow, and her height is always stretching but she still only weighed 18kg at over 4.5, which I was surprised at because I was looking at booster seats and so many say suitable for years and up, yet she wasn't anywhere near the approriate weight for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭donkey10

Stopped recording her weight, naps etc since 12 months

I fear that my fella is eating way too much!! It is like he is constantly hungry...climbs on our laps when we are eating despite just having eaten himself!

He is a strong fella - by no means fat but has a belly on him....I hope that is ok!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

donkey10 wrote: »
    I fear that my fella is eating way too much!! It is like he is constantly hungry...climbs on our laps when we are eating despite just having eaten himself!

He is a strong fella - by no means fat but has a belly on him....I hope that is ok!

All babies/toddlers have a belly. It’s because their core muscles aren’t developed yet. My little boy is as lean as they come (like his mom and dad) but he still have a pot belly.

bee06 wrote: »
    All babies/toddlers have a belly. It’s because their core muscles aren’t developed yet. My little boy is as lean as they come (like his mom and dad) but he still have a pot belly.

Yeah its just crazy how much he eats and its all good food etc. I suppose its best to keep giving it to them for as long as they will take it without being picky!!

Our little one is the same donkey10, eating all around her. We are on holidays at the moment and Im like really you need to stop wanting food. Noticed it a few days before we left but the last few days im like where are you putting it.. But she is flying around then with the walking and her development is just mighty, picking up so fast on things... Putting it all down to that..

Have to say we are just so proud of her, she is all out of routine and going through so many new things this last week and she is still just the happiest baby (for the most part)..

Our little one is the same donkey10, eating all around her. We are on holidays at the moment and Im like really you need to stop wanting food. Noticed it a few days before we left but the last few days im like where are you putting it.. But she is flying around then with the walking and her development is just mighty, picking up so fast on things... Putting it all down to that..

Have to say we are just so proud of her, she is all out of routine and going through so many new things this last week and she is still just the happiest baby (for the most part)..

I know its crazy their development isnt it! Has she many words?
    Hope ye are enjoying yer holiday - where are ye? We are going to Salou in September really looking forward to the break!

It means a lot when they are happy like its hard to keep to routine on holiday. I suppose its just about changing around and adapting different things!

How are you feeling @Milly33, you wont feel the months flying by until baby number 2!

Not too far away just in the UK for a week, so the flight was great.. Yeah in fairness when they are happy that is all that matters....

Salou sounds loverly we were really hoping to get to somewhere warm on holidays this year but out the window for now.. Have ye been to Salou before, would love to know if ye have a good time with the little one there.. Someone we meet showed me fantastic pics of a place in Turkey Calis she said it is just beautfiul and good for families..

Speech wise we dont have that many words per say more things that sound like words, she gets their meaning but does'nt pronounce them correctly. Like go go go, and look at this, she is great with the signs which is good she will let you know if she wants food, milk, water, fruit and if you tell her in sign what you are doing she doesnt get as angry haha if you are taking her away from something... How is your little one doing?

Not feeling too hot at the moment i must say, going through a bit of the fat phase,and my skin was just terrible the last few weeks..Bit down as well but hopefully it is just a phase..thanks for asking :)

• Advertisement

Hi all
    Thanks for all the replies very reassuring!

Holidays can be so stressful if they are off form so great when they are enjoying themselves and behave!

The development is amazing isn’t it?! The amount they learn and change from week to week is scary!

Our LO is scary observant like if she was putting away things in the kitchen she literally knows where everything goes from cups to pots and I have never even shown her this stuff she just is watching all the time! It’s amazing. She even knows bizarre stuff that has nothing to do with her! And she’s constantly listening even when I’m
    Talking on the phone or to my husband she’s understands so much!

There is so much going on for them no wonder sleep and eating can get disrupted so easily!
    I find she gets frustrated sometimes as she knows what she wants but doesn’t have a way to tell us! I’m looking forward to more words to know what she wants!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,537 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Pocos wrote: »
    Hi all
    Thanks for all the replies very reassuring!

Holidays can be so stressful if they are off form so great when they are enjoying themselves and behave!

The development is amazing isn’t it?! The amount they learn and change from week to week is scary!

Our LO is scary observant like if she was putting away things in the kitchen she literally knows where everything goes from cups to pots and I have never even shown her this stuff she just is watching all the time! It’s amazing. She even knows bizarre stuff that has nothing to do with her! And she’s constantly listening even when I’m
    Talking on the phone or to my husband she’s understands so much!

There is so much going on for them no wonder sleep and eating can get disrupted so easily!
    I find she gets frustrated sometimes as she knows what she wants but doesn’t have a way to tell us! I’m looking forward to more words to know what she wants!

I agree they take everything in the miss very little,

On Saturday morning I asked our little girl did she want to go to the park and she got all excited and then made an exaggerated pushing motion with here hand over and over,

It took me a minute to cope she was looking forward to going on the swing

When you take her out of her high chair she runs to the take a towel that hangs on the oven door to help clean down the high chair :D

they get their message across... cant wait for the proper talking to start, I think she will be soon as she has a few words but not saying them correctly..

So helpfull of her to get the cloth for you... Herself watched in the night garden and this chap maca paca used to wash stones (it really is a weird tv show) but if you said maca paca to her she would start to clean..

We were only talking abou things like this the last day, I wonder how much imprint can be done at this age. i know they take it in ,but what sticks.. Like i am defo a cleaner i love to clean and tidy things, would not be a messie eater things like that would be my pet hates.. I wonder in years to come will she be the same..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

OSI wrote: »
    Had the added benefit of him sleeping through the night for a while as well but he's developed a cold and teething so last few nights have been rough. Plenty of feet to the face at 2am :(

I hate when this happens.. "Finally we have x cracked", then a cold/tooth/trip/bug/etc happens, and you are back at square 1.

I think our LO is waiting for me to show signs of being rested before kicking off on her next plan to tire me out :D

I love the teeth brushing, clever out then.. Herself loves to brush her teeth too, delighted that she does as it could have gone the other way...

Yes it is mad what they take it! Like stuff you don’t show them but they know cos they are watching!

Milly I wonder that too cos our LO is mad into things being put away and no mess and cleaning. Is it her personality or a phase they go through? Like her coat has to go on the hook where it’s kept she wouldn’t be happy with it left on a chair or out of place shoes, plates, toys etc are the same

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Our kid hasnt learned a word, despite trying so much. Waiting til after Summer until I get concerned. She just wants to run and run and run, and climb etc

Our kid hasnt learned a word, despite trying so much. Waiting til after Summer until I get concerned. She just wants to run and run and run, and climb etc

What age is she? my fella is kinda like that also - he will attempt to sound the words after you say them but I have to be like; say ball etc etc. He is a terror for climbing - he sits and stands on the windowsill after getting himself up on the chair and climbing back. I hope it doesnt mean that he will be an absolute nightmare as he grows up

Herself is like that too cherryghost, she has a few beginning's of words, like look at this, and oohs and ahhs, oh oh is the new fav but no solid word yet bar boo!! No panic.. I remember one of my nephews didnt talk until her was nearly 2 1/2 i think it was and he is grand..

I love seeing them tidy up haha it is like yes we can do this together whooopp... With that, i wonder too about what they watch and that, herself watched In the night garden (i just think tis made for stoned people) but Maca Paca is mad about stones and stacks them and cleans them, and herself is just obsessed with them also. Cant really go for a walk as she just gets distracted by stones spent an hour outside today with her stacking them up or lining them up...

Has anyone here gone to Athenry Primary Care centre by any chance, just trying to figure out where it is in Athenry? Google maps is wrong

Our daughter watches Pocoyo and Hey Duggie, both are palletable for me. She doesnt really watch anything else. She's over in Italy at the moment with the OH for a few days visiting family. I'm working unfortunately so it's been a bit strange being in a quiet empty house.

• Advertisement

I've had him watching Little Baby Bums. It occupies him while I get myself ready for work in the working when I have to put him in the cot otherwise I would be so late with having to watch where he goes.

Havent heard of the others you mentioned - Pocoyo/Hey Duggie/Maca paca! What are they like?

He is obsessed with stones too Milly33 - could spend ages outside with him but it drives me mad the way he gets so dirty and is then wiping his eyes etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Willow goes onto the deck and tries to eat and lick the stones. I would love if she stacked them!

Shes flying around the last months and talking loads. Most recent addition to her vocabulary is **** thanks to her Dad!

haha the lingo is being picked up then Lashes, so funny i wonder will she keep remembering it, if ye make the effort not say it in front of her...

Thank god she doesnt like the lick the stones, god even the thought of her putting them in her mouth with teeth now has given me the shivers

I was very like ohh no she will not be like playing with things that fell on the ground or like picking through muck, but the last few weeks im like go for it... Just remember the fun i used to have as a kid going through muck and all that. I used to sit out the back under two diesel bowsers looking for what i thought at the time, we fossils or relics from the past. haha somehow i now love the smell of diesel..

Had a bit of a vomiting thing with her today, on the way to the midwives office and she just got sick all over herself (the one time i didnt bring a spare pair of clothes for her) i hope it isnt a bug, i think she may have done it a little herself with putting her hands in her mouth, that or just moved to fast after brekkie..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I have a stone obsessed little fella as well. We have little piles of stones all around the house, in my pockets and bags because he gives them as “gifts”. He even gave one to a woman in the park the other day. He does like to pick the interesting ones though, different colours, shapes, textures etc.

haha imagine if they all met one day!!! If they keep it up then it would make holidays very cheap you could just bring them to a stony beach..

Oh Donkey too sorry Maca Paca is from In the Night Garden - from the makers of tellytubbies, very odd stuff so it is.. Cant watch it myself..

Watched one thing on Netflix Mighty Little Bheen quite entertaining i must say..

Got the news another one is on the way , we are thrilled

December again

congrats yourdeadwirght!! Oh how do ye feel about another Dec baby then :) all good... I remember calculating going nooo not Dec again but twas October.. It doesnt matter anywho tis all going to be great..

God the little one has started to have some temper tantrums recently, I really dont hope they last long I just can take it. Its mad but thank god tisnt just me she is angry at tis the world :).. She got all hissy about not being able to carry the orange and the avacado, when she dropped one she slammed the rad, and had a little jump around.. Cute and entertaining but very angry

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Congrats, great news yourdeadright!

Milly she hasnt said it since so hopefully thats the end of it but have to be so careful as she repeats everything.

How are you both feeling?

congrats yourdeadwirght!! Oh how do ye feel about another Dec baby then :) all good... I remember calculating going nooo not Dec again but twas October.. It doesnt matter anywho tis all going to be great..

God the little one has started to have some temper tantrums recently, I really dont hope they last long I just can take it. Its mad but thank god tisnt just me she is angry at tis the world :).. She got all hissy about not being able to carry the orange and the avacado, when she dropped one she slammed the rad, and had a little jump around.. Cute and entertaining but very angry

Well we still have to go the Scan next week to confirm the dates but we reckon late December,
    Not only is it our little ones Birthday in December its also my other half's so another one will have me broke :D

Very excited about it and thankfully our little lady is going through a stage of loving Babies or baba's as she calls them so we are trying to keep the going

We have also had that tantrum stage recently sometimes out of no where she will just launch herself on to the ground for no reason and start crying ,well more like whinging

• Advertisement

Well we still have to go the Scan next week to confirm the dates but we reckon late December,
    Not only is it our little ones Birthday in December its also my other half's so another one will have me broke :D

Very excited about it and thankfully our little lady is going through a stage of loving Babies or baba's as she calls them so we are trying to keep the going

We have also had that tantrum stage recently sometimes out of no where she will just launch herself on to the ground for no reason and start crying ,well more like whinging

Congrats yourdeadwright! Great news. Exciting times ahead!

Milly - My fella sticks his hands down his throat to get my attention and pukes all over the place! He knows exactly what he is doing!
    If I put him in the cot when I am getting ready in the morning and he doesnt like being there too long so he looks at me and does it knowing well I will take him out!!

Advertisement