Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 2017 babies club

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Have to have kids parking in those spots.Walking and running kids, especially small ones, you need that spot badly.They are all going in different directions, you are unloading a buggy with one standing waiting for you ( you hope to God) while releasing the third from the car.As far as I am concerned if you have a child with you, you can park in those spots.
    The mini-Hitler phase doesn't pass for another good 18 years I fear. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Nooooooo not 18years, if i could link a pic it would be that one You Blew It up

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Our daughter found my bag of scooped up leaves in the back garden. Complete mess. The weathers been good this week, she's been wandering around the garden most of the week discovering things.

Must be loverly to have the space outside for her to roam around... Discovering new things must be such a thrill for her..

We have had a very exciting few weeks, we had her first offical free walk yesterday we were so proud, and it was great as my sister, brother. mum and sis in law was all here to see it, plus her dad.. Was just weak also found out well no. 2 is on the way ahh.. Early days yet but might be getting my wish of a halloween baby

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Congrats Milly x

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Milly33 wrote: »
    Nooooooo not 18years, if i could link a pic it would be that one You Blew It up

Ok, maybe after four years things improve!!!!But we still have our moments.Unfortunately while our four year old is now (mostly) pleasant company, our terrible two year old is fast approaching the threenager years.So it all seems endless to me!!!Even the baby has developed that authoritative tone to his shouts.....probably from listening to the other pair!!!

I heard my four year old tell her sister the other day "there are three of us and one mammy, X, you have to wait".Really she just didn't want her sister to get whatever it was she wanted at the time.My words are being repeated back to me these days....

thanks Lashes all fun and games ahead...

Well at least the the four year old is thinking of you Shesty, im sure twas you she was thinking of and not herself :).. Thank god the tantrums have wound down a bit now, and she is getting better.. Shoutty bad has begun to accept that she cannot have everything

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭donkey10

Must be loverly to have the space outside for her to roam around... Discovering new things must be such a thrill for her..

We have had a very exciting few weeks, we had her first offical free walk yesterday we were so proud, and it was great as my sister, brother. mum and sis in law was all here to see it, plus her dad.. Was just weak also found out well no. 2 is on the way ahh.. Early days yet but might be getting my wish of a halloween baby

Congrats delighted for you! I still have a 3 year gap in my head before i wait to have another one. Well thats the plan anyway. I just think with work and everthing it would be a nice gap

Congratulations Milly.I hope it all goes well.

thanks all :) ah sure twill all be grand.. haha im already having thoughts of jes how did my granmother do it. She had 11 kids I think i would crack up.. Thinking of buggys and that already, me thinks we just go sling and buggy... She says with great ideas that the little one will love to walk haha..

Have to say fair deuce to ye ladies that are back working, it must take a lot to do it...Ye deserve the biggest spa treatment holiday...

The new thing this week is the screeching, she sounds like a Pterosaurs dinosaur.. Not bad more funny, not too many more steps by herself. Someone mentioned that it might take her a week maybe to get going

• Advertisement

How far gone are you Milly? Working full-time and juggling everything else is very hard but its also hard being home. Its nice for a change of scenery but 5 days is too much. I had gone back 4 days but we couldn't really afford it so I am back 5 days since last month. It was nice having the shorter week for 4 months and might do the same for the summer.

To be honest.....after the arrival of number two, I think I appreciated my job a lot more in some ways (21 month age gap).I had to find a job closer to home though, and make sure it had good flexibility.It's taken a few years but I think I have it now.A three or four day week is the ideal.I found once they headed for 2 years old + it is tough to be at home all the time, if I am honest.Lovely, but at the same time, tough.You can really feel like you have lost yourself.

good that ye both have flexible enough work places that ye could go down and up days. It is great to have a good employer who realises this.

I defo think later i would like to go back to work, but ive a feeling it might be more when they go to school (by then they will surely have trained me how to wake up in the morning) or maybe some evening work..

Debate on how far gone, i think tis about 5weeks but doc said 8 so well see, hoping to get a letter through soon for a dating scan.. Actually did anyone here go to the midwives clinic instead of the hospital. I am really hoping I get in there this time

Ya Im lucky that they are flexible and leave it up to me so I think I will go to 4 days for May-Sept if I can.

I did Milly. I work in Galway so went to midwives clinic in Doughiska, was so handy, loads of parking and taken on time. They probably have the same option in Loughrea. How are you feeling?

Hi Lashes, thank you for ans.. Great stuff I remember the lady saying it in UHG when I went in about the midwives clinic but I heard no more about it.. The doc asked me this time round (and since I wasnt overly impressed with UHG) i thought going to Athenry would be perfect, really hoping they will take me. The doc said it was up to them. If I dont hear from them I might ring as with one car and the little one going to UHG sounds like such a nightmare...

Feeling grand a little bit of nausea and light headiness, back pain and feel huge already but sure all good :)
    And the cold it mad, I am never cold and I have the heating and fire on now all the time

Yeah i went back on a 5 day week when he was almost 8 months. It is tough but im glad to be able get out and so lucky to have my mother 3 days a week and a childminder the other 2.

Therrs a relief knowing that if hes sick my mother will take him and he gets 100% attention.

Question for ye folks out there. He vomited his bottle yestersay out of the blue and then was out of sorts for the rest of the evening. He made a massive yellowish runny diareha and had a tiny little one before bed last night. His farts were soooo smelly.

He woke up around half 4 and was crying would only go back to sleep on me. Just fed him his bottles, small dinner and toast today. Had another big diareha this evening but wasnt as runny as yesterday. Is still not 100% himself.

Could it be a vomiting bug or is it teething? What have ye done with this before

Sorry cant be of much help ans the question, we havent had any vomiting in a long time. Smelly farts yes :).. Is he ok today, perhaps if not tis time to bring him to the GP.. Hope he is ok for you

Sounds like a bug donkey.Just keep him well hydrated, keep the food fairly plain.At that age it can take up to a week to pass through their systems.If the bottle is coming back up, give it to him in small amounts.Obviously take him to the GP if there are signs of anything else.

A week aw crap! Well he has only vomited once straight up after the bottle yesterday and two real bad nappies (one yesterday and one today) so im hoping its starting to pass especially when he didnt vomit today.

Hes just not himself anyway with cuddling into me and startin to fall asleep before being put to bed. Before it would be torture trying to get him to bed as he would be running around everywhere.

Keeping with hydrated with loads of water. Hes still drinking all bottles and eating anything i give him.

What stage would i need to take him to the doc at? If there was constant vomiting and diarhea??

Cheers for advice guys

Well no it mightn't take a whole week to pass, it's more I always think of adults getting that for 24 hours but kids take longer to shake it off.Yeah, if he isn't taking in/keeping down liquid, or there is a lot of diarrohea, take him to the doctor.Had this recently with my 2 year old and my 8 month old, they can take dioralyte if it's a vomiting bug, Temple St mix it with Robinsons/Mi Wadi if they don't like the taste of it.You will kind of know yourself if he needs the doctor. It's a lousy bug.Don't get too worried about the food, once the liquid is going in for now I think.

• Advertisement

shesty wrote: »
    Well no it mightn't take a whole week to pass, it's more I always think of adults getting that for 24 hours but kids take longer to shake it off.Yeah, if he isn't taking in/keeping down liquid, or there is a lot of diarrohea, take him to the doctor.Had this recently with my 2 year old and my 8 month old, they can take dioralyte if it's a vomiting bug, Temple St mix it with Robinsons/Mi Wadi if they don't like the taste of it.You will kind of know yourself if he needs the doctor. It's a lousy bug.Don't get too worried about the food, once the liquid is going in for now I think.

Cool thanks for that! What constitutes a lot of diarrohea - are you talking about a couple of bad nappies a day for a few days?

How is he doing Donkey? Did you end up taking him the GP Hope he is better and if not that tis nothing too bad..

Herself started to make kinda belching noises there this morning, and cant say i feel great either. I was like nooo it better not be the bug. I dont think i could handle it at all.. Well I could if they managed to get to the loo for the vomiting part of it, after that nope...

All stops with the walking here tis gas, shes like yeah i done it thats enough for now.

Was saying in the Oct thread, but kinda bummed we got out dating app and was thinking oh how nice we can all go together, yeppee but it says no children aloud :) I really didnt think a young child would be an issue, if kept quite..Option is we all go in and they have to sit in the waiting room while i get the scan done, or they stay at home and i go alone :) really wanted us all to be there but sure...

Are ye dressing yer little ones up for Patricks day this year? I see Dunnes has some cute little outfits, and must say I orderd from Next the other day (as we are never close to one) well impressed ordered late and it was here the next day.. Clothes are fad

I think Milly that no children are allowed because of noise/disruption if delayed but also some people get bad news at that appointment and I think its for those people's consideration too. I know they had a note up in the fertility clinic that no kids were allowed for the second reason. It makes sense to me but no use to you I know if you don't have a minder.

Yeah the "for the sake of others was noted" I get that to a certain degree, more so in a fertility clinic.. Just thinking now though also might be slightly screwed for appointments too as really I would have to bring her along to the most of them.. Did you notice any other kids in the Midwives clinic by any chance.. Tis an a thinker of a one like what do you do, if your partner is working, and the babysitters are working kinda have no other choice reg apps

Neighbour had this, she left toddler with a friend for 20 week scan anyway. I rarely if ever - maybe twice? - saw smaller kids in waiting rooms over the course of three pregnancies. Most people who brought kids to see scans set up a private scan to do it. I know the Rotunda have signs up saying no kids at scans either. You just go in yourself - my OH came to my 12 and 20 ones, and a couple towards the end (in case I was kept in) but in general I went myself to appointments for the second and third child.

It's kind of how you end up working things once the baby arrives anyway, so you get used to it. There's a lot of turn taking :) Do you know anyone through toddler groups or close neighbours that the little one might stay with for an hour or so the odd time?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

CUMH says no kids. You could be waiting 3 hours for appointments in there as well so not really suitable anyway.

How is he doing Donkey? Did you end up taking him the GP Hope he is better and if not that tis nothing too bad..

Herself started to make kinda belching noises there this morning, and cant say i feel great either. I was like nooo it better not be the bug. I dont think i could handle it at all.. Well I could if they managed to get to the loo for the vomiting part of it, after that nope...

All stops with the walking here tis gas, shes like yeah i done it thats enough for now.

Was saying in the Oct thread, but kinda bummed we got out dating app and was thinking oh how nice we can all go together, yeppee but it says no children aloud :) I really didnt think a young child would be an issue, if kept quite..Option is we all go in and they have to sit in the waiting room while i get the scan done, or they stay at home and i go alone :) really wanted us all to be there but sure...

Are ye dressing yer little ones up for Patricks day this year? I see Dunnes has some cute little outfits, and must say I orderd from Next the other day (as we are never close to one) well impressed ordered late and it was here the next day.. Clothes are fad

Jsut vomited once but has diarreha since tuesday - just like 1 nappy a day.
    Hes teething really badly so dont know whether it was a bug or the teeth.
    Didnt bring him to the doc coz hes not really sick with it as such.

Is he getting molars or anything Donkey?I found they were by far the hardest ones.

good to hear he isnt any worse Donkey hope it passes soon...

Nope Shesty tis just us like, not on that good terms with the neighbours so like would not dream of asking..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

good to hear he isnt any worse Donkey hope it passes soon...

Nope Shesty tis just us like, not on that good terms with the neighbours so like would not dream of asking..

I’m dipping in from elsewhere girls, passing the time! Milly, have you considered finding a childminder for a day a week? Would that be an option at all? If your appointments are likely to be on the same day, you could organise it for that.

You might find that as the weeks go by you need the rest, and would be glad of the break. And after baby arrives, it’s great to have a bit of one on one time.

Advertisement