Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC 11 Thread

Options

Comments

Patww79 wrote: »
    Probably was never in my radar, but it's getting widely panned so definitely not.

Haven't really followed reviews, but haven't seen anything too negative. There are/were some issues with the implementation of the buttons, but only seems to be a software bug.

It will be a typical HTC. Nice screen, good battery life, good performance. Nothing overly bad, but nothing that really stands out. I found the squeeze feature on the U11 to be quite good, but in reality if offered me nothing more than my remapped Bixby button on my note 8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Last year, I bought an Aukey charger for the car and a cable of Amazon. Everything worked fine til a couple of months ago. Now when I connect up the U11, it pops up a message saying charging slowly. When on Google Maps driving battery runs down faster than it charges.
    Changed to my original car charger and a different cable but still same problem. Once in every 10 tries it charges properly.
    Charging at night at home works fine. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

• Advertisement

Still Nov 17.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Any recommendations for the cheapest place to buy the U11 (SIM free) from?

Currently have an M8 which I was happy with, but looking to upgrade as the screen is cracked, the front camera is shot (known mechanical failure where it buzzes and shakes) and is noticeably slower compared to newer high spec phones.

I basically want a similar phone to the M8 but with a better CPU/more RAM..

accensi0n wrote: »
    Any recommendations for the cheapest place to buy the U11 (SIM free) from?

Currently have an M8 which I was happy with, but looking to upgrade as the screen is cracked, the front camera is shot (known mechanical failure where it buzzes and shakes) and is noticeably slower compared to newer high spec phones.

I basically want a similar phone to the M8 but with a better CPU/more RAM..

HTC Club do discounts all the time

https://www.htc.com/ie/newsletter/#

€449 for Single SIM 64GB
    €494 for Dual SIM 128GB

Might get a better deal on Amazon or something, I dunno.

Showing for me as 449 for single sim 64gb.

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Showing for me as 449 for single sim 64gb.

Oh whoops....that was the U11 Life I was looking at....will edit my prices :D

• Advertisement

Pulled the trigger and ordered it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Basil3 wrote: »
    HTC Club do discounts all the time

https://www.htc.com/ie/newsletter/#

€449 for Single SIM 64GB
    €494 for Dual SIM 128GB

Might get a better deal on Amazon or something, I dunno.

The battery on my HTC 10 is beginning to wane,barely get a half day's charge.

The HTC 12 doesn't appear to much of an upgrade on the HTC 11 going by this thread.

What's the difference between the HTC U11,U11 + and U11 Life?

seligehgit wrote: »
    The battery on my HTC 10 is beginning to wane,barely get a half day's charge.

The HTC 12 doesn't appear to much of an upgrade on the HTC 11 going by this thread.

What's the difference between the HTC U11,U11 + and U11 Life?

For myself, the Life specs aren't quite as good as the standard U11 but would have done me fine, my biggest issue was the plastic body.

The U11+ is a couple of hundred more and the specs aren't much better, it's too big at 6 inches and I've no need for 128GB internal storage.

For myself, the Life specs aren't quite as good as the standard U11 but would have done me fine, my biggest issue was the plastic body.

The U11+ is a couple of hundred more and the specs aren't much better, it's too big at 6 inches and I've no need for 128GB internal storage.

Has the standard U11 got a plastic body?

Big no no for me.

Depends which way you look at them:

U11 v1 (€450): 4GB RAM, Single SIM, 64GB ROM, 5.5" screen, 3000mAh battery

U11 v2 (€500): 6GB RAM, Dual SIM, 128GB ROM, 5.5" screen, 3000mAh battery

U11+ (€630): 6GB RAM, Dual SIM, 128GB ROM, 6" screen, 4000mAh battery

I guess it depends which you compare to, but I think it's worth paying a bit extra for the 6GB RAM on the original U11.

Do they charge postage or am I better off using parcel motel?

No get it direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭AngryLips

439 on Komplett

The HTC club discount on the U11 and U11+ has been increased today to 20%. Any of the lads here that just bought it at 10% I would consider contacting them to chance the arm and say wtf.

• Advertisement

The HTC club discount on the U11 and U11+ has been increased today to 20%. Any of the lads here that just bought it at 10% I would consider contacting them to chance the arm and say wtf.

**** sake.

Received the phone today. Really happy with it. The timing of that discount is sickening though.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

U11 128GB showing as out of stock or am I on the wrong site?

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    U11 128GB showing as out of stock or am I on the wrong site?

Yeah, showing same for me

**** sake.

Received the phone today. Really happy with it. The timing of that discount is sickening though.

Same as.:(

I would ring them and just politely say your disappointed to see the price dropped a few days after buying the phone and ask how to start a return and you intend to buy it again at the lower price. Hopefully they'd just offer to sort out the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Is stock replenished quite regularly on the HTC site?

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭ABitofsense

Just wondering is it worth the extra 20ish euro to buy the 128gb from eglobal. I've bought before from them (once with awful issues) or play it safe and the get the 64GB from HTC...

Need a new phone and love the look and spec of the U11

Other thing to consider is the 128gb has 6gb of ram. Ever tried Wondamobile? I haven't but have seen plenty of comments from people who have. Its £427 on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Just wondering is it worth the extra 20ish euro to buy the 128gb from eglobal. I've bought before from them (once with awful issues) or play it safe and the get the 64GB from HTC...

Need a new phone and love the look and spec of the U11

I bought my 128GB u11 from them a year ago. Took a few weeks to arrive but apart from that no hassle. Still using the phone daily and it's still as good as when I bought it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Getting pain my hole with this phone.

The sd card starting acting up recently would keep unmounting itself so I had to either remove it or restart the phone.

Anyway after much looking into things I formatted the sd card threw my phone and then added back in most of what I had before. So far that's fixed the problem.

How I have another issue I can't connect the phone to my pc. I've tried every driver and setting could possibly find even htc sync won't pickup the phone nothing. There is no mention of my phone anywhere on my pc yet nothing was changed anywhere from what I used to do before. All plugging it in to pc does is charges it.

So I've idea how to fix it doing my head in.

Advertisement