Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC 11 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Ya that happens alot. It should work though eventually. What i did when I had dealings with them was go to the uk website and follow though the various support links until you're offered the contact options and then use the live chat. Your getting through to the same customer service center. And least on the chat you can copy and paste ur order number or imei or whatever they need without having to spell it out to someone who English isn't their first language.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

My battery seems to have fallen off a cliff since last week - it's really frustrating! It was at about 90% when I went to sleep and had powered off by this morning. I'm going to have a look later today to see what I can do, but is there anything in particular to look out for? I would generally be using a low display, keep location services to a minimum, turn of wifi overnight and not charge it overnight. The storage is getting pretty high, so I should probably take quite a lot off! It's just really annoying as I really like this phone!

Just seen the U11 is down to €449 and the U11+ is €629 through HTC Club. Decent prices.

Ya been fighting the urge to swap out my u11 for the plus. I figure at this point I may as well wait to see what the u12+ is like next month, or wait for the pixel 3.

It's hard to believe that we are on 1st Nov security patch level! I think my long relationship with HTC will come to an end this year.
    What are the alternative flagship phones in 2018?

• Advertisement

It's hard to believe that we are on 1st Nov security patch level! I think my long relationship with HTC will come to an end this year.
    What are the alternative flagship phones in 2018?

Security patches are a non-issue imo. How many devices out there aren't on the latest patch? 90%? Even more?

In any case, I think project treble will remedy update issues.

I have to agree on the security patch thing. Way over exaggerated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »
    I'd still rather have them than not. A manufacturer just not bothering says a lot too.

I would rather a company the size of HTC focuses on improving their ROM, rather than putting manpower on implementation of non-critical security patches. I'm still waiting for the day where there is some major issue related to a device not having the latest patches.

My Note only got Oreo less than a month ago. That is much more deserving of grief.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

With the impending release of the HTC u12 on May 23rd I'm hoping to eventually confine my old reliable HTC 10 to the waste bin as the battery life worsens and unexpected restarts become ever more frequent.

Any advice re what one can expect technical specs wise with an unlocked version of said phone?

• Advertisement

Apparently going to be the U12+ only. 6" 18:9 QHD LCD screen, 6gb ram, 128GB internal storage, Snapdragon 845, Dual cameras front and back. Rear fingerprint sensor. All glass build like the U11, i say that because you may like the metal of the 10. There's a few leaked pictures out posted in most articles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Sundance_Kid

Misplaced charger and heading away tomorrow morning. Anywhere I can pick up a charger today/this eve or in Dublin Airport in the morning?

Thanks
    (based in Dublin)

Misplaced charger and heading away tomorrow morning. Anywhere I can pick up a charger today/this eve or in Dublin Airport in the morning?

Thanks
    (based in Dublin)

You should be able to buy a charger virtually anywhere, if you're not bothered by it being a quick charger.

Any charger will do the trick. If you need a USB-C cable, then you can buy an overpriced one at Argos or PC World I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Does the U11 support multiple users out of the box? I know Samsung don't allow it in the versions of Android, does HTC have the same restriction?

I can't find the function.

I know it's the wrong thread but I'm just wondering if it's possible to transfer over apps from the internal storage on a HTC ten to the SD card.

Seems to be greyed out.

Internal storage is pretty full.

seligehgit wrote: »
    I know it's the wrong thread but I'm just wondering if it's possible to transfer over apps from the internal storage on a HTC ten to the SD card.

Seems to be greyed out.

Internal storage is pretty full.

Pretty sure your solution is to use adoptive storage, where your SD card becomes part of internal. You can't be switching over SD cards all the time then.

Your 10 is 32GB? That's an insane amount of space to be taken up by apps. Do you not have media that you can move to the SD card?

Basil3 wrote: »
    Pretty sure your solution is to use adoptive storage, where your SD card becomes part of internal. You can't be switching over SD cards all the time then.

Your 10 is 32GB? That's an insane amount of space to be taken up by apps. Do you not have media that you can move to the SD card?

How's does one go about doing that?

Yeah it's 32 gig,I've deleted quite a few of the apps.:D

The HTC guide said one can transfer apps to the SD card but same is greyed out. Not sure how to transfer media to the SD card?

seligehgit wrote: »
    How's does one go about doing that?

Yeah it's 32 gig,I've deleted quite a few of the apps.:D

The HTC guide said one can transfer apps to the SD card but same is greyed out. Not sure how to transfer media to the SD card?

https://www.htc.com/mea-en/support/htc-10/howto/setting-up-your-storage-card-as-internal-storage.html

I wouldn't recommend doing this, though....you should easily be able to clear out enough storage in your internal by moving any media such as videos, photos, audio across to the SD card. You can just do it with any file explorer. I think HTC's file manager doesn't come on the device by default any more, you have to download it from Google Play.

Anyone going for the HTC12? I have decided to hold onto the 11 in the hopes something good comes out next year. First time in years that I am skipping an upgrade. I still really like the HTC11.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Anyone going for the HTC12? I have decided to hold onto the 11 in the hopes something good comes out next year. First time in years that I am skipping an upgrade. I still really like the HTC11.

There's very little if any reason to upgrade this year. The price alone is enough reason to ignore changing phone.

Nope. First HTC flagship I'm skipping in about a decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭GIMP

It doesn't look like any Irish network is picking up the U12, Vodafone have even dropped the U11 from their line up. Pity cos the U11 is a great phone.

Im very tempted. Even though objectively I can't really fault my U11. I like the form factor which is mostly the same as the U11+. I.e. more solid hefty squarer build, 18:9 screen, rear fingerprint sensor and on screen nav buttons. The sound from the speakers on U11+ is way better than the U11 and supposed to be better again on U12.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Anyone know where I can get a new headphones adaptor? HTC been out of stock any time I look. There is a site mobile fun selling for 35 I think but don't know the site and its only a bloody adaptor! I bought a non HTC but they don't work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Anyone bought a new headphones adaptor? Trying to find one is a nightmare. HTC always out of stock. Has to be a genuine one I think..

Its in stock in the htc club. 7.75 and ....... 26.59 shipping. 34.34 total. Haha jesus.

• Advertisement

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Its in stock in the htc club. 7.75 and ....... 26.59 shipping. 34.34 total. Haha jesus.

Usually the premium shipping option is free, at least it used to be

Advertisement