Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC 11 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

When you plug it in is there a notification on the phone you can tap on to switch the usb connection type?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

sentient_6 wrote: »
    When you plug it in is there a notification on the phone you can tap on to switch the usb connection type?

No nothing it's usually there but not anymore.

Turn on developer options in the settings and allow usb debugging? You can also set the default usb connection type. I would try connecting the phone to another computer if possible to rule out one or the other.

No nothing it's usually there but not anymore.

Not an issue with your port or cable?

Turn on developer options in the settings and allow usb debugging? You can also set the default usb connection type. I would try connecting the phone to another computer if possible to rule out one or the other.

Done all of this apart from another computer as only have thr one here. It worked perfect only few weeks ago.

• Advertisement

Basil3 wrote: »
    Not an issue with your port or cable?

Tried two different cables. Including new one recently bought.

Using all same stuff that usually works plus they all charge the phone.

Tried two different cables. Including new one recently bought.

Using all same stuff that usually works plus they all charge the phone.

You've tried different ports on your PC? I know a lot of people used to have problems with usb 3.0 ports.

You've tried different ports on your PC? I know a lot of people used to have problems with usb 3.0 ports.

2 and 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

2 and 3.

Any chance this is a work PC and / or some new software has been installed, locking down the USB ports?

For example, something like Symantec USB restrictions would exhibit these kind of symptoms.

WetDaddy wrote: »
    Any chance this is a work PC and / or some new software has been installed, locking down the USB ports?

For example, something like Symantec USB restrictions would exhibit these kind of symptoms.

It's my home pc. I plugged my girlfriend s htc 10 in which is having enough problems of its own!! Hers works though so something to do with my phone.

• Advertisement

I would try uninstalling and reinstalling htc sync manager. If that doesn't given solve it, you've pretty much ruled out drivers, pc ports and cables. Only other thing that leaves is an issue with the USB port on your phone. Have you checked the port for anything stuck in there?

I would try uninstalling and reinstalling htc sync manager. If that doesn't given solve it, you've pretty much ruled out drivers, pc ports and cables. Only other thing that leaves is an issue with the USB port on your phone. Have you checked the port for anything stuck in there?

The port seems fine I mean phone hasn't been threw wars or anything recently ha.Plus it's working for everything else. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling early on.

The fact her phone worked right away when it was entered with the same cable is weird.

Does your PC make a sound when you connect the phone?

Have you disabled notifications for certain apps so you don't get the option to change it from charging to file transfer?

Something like settings > apps > menu > show system apps > settings app > notifications allowed. Do the same for SystemUI.

Does your PC make a sound when you connect the phone?

Have you disabled notifications for certain apps so you don't get the option to change it from charging to file transfer?

Something like settings > apps > menu > show system apps > settings app > notifications allowed. Do the same for SystemUI.

Doesn't make a sound just starts charging. Haven't changed anything in relation to any that. Checked it all just there and no still nothing.

Doesn't make a sound just starts charging. Haven't changed anything in relation to any that. Checked it all just there and no still nothing.

And you're running fully stock, or custom ROM/kernel?

Does anything show up in device manager on your PC when you connect?

And you're running fully stock, or custom ROM/kernel?

Does anything show up in device manager on your PC when you connect?

On venom. And nothing shows up in device manager.

Nothing seems to be fixing it so im gonna backup the phone and do a full wipe see how things go.

Funny enough me girlfriend wiped my old htc 10 other day to fix an issue shes having with it and now its no longer rooted. I was thinking could be because superuser or whatever she was using wasnt installed. Either way i always taught wiping didnt get ride of root? Better not get rid of mine on the u11 anyway!.

Nothing seems to be fixing it so im gonna backup the phone and do a full wipe see how things go.

Funny enough me girlfriend wiped my old htc 10 other day to fix an issue shes having with it and now its no longer rooted. I was thinking could be because superuser or whatever she was using wasnt installed. Either way i always taught wiping didnt get ride of root? Better not get rid of mine on the u11 anyway!.

Wiping can get rid of root, depending on how you're rooted. It's easy enough to get back anyway. Usually when flashing the ROM you can choose your root method.

My venom buddies reckon your port on your phone probably has a fault, but you'll soon find out with a wipe. I would even try flashing back to stock, and make sure it definitely doesn't work on another PC.

If it is an issue with your port, it's covered under warranty anyway.

Wiping can get rid of root, depending on how you're rooted. It's easy enough to get back anyway. Usually when flashing the ROM you can choose your root method.

My venom buddies reckon your port on your phone probably has a fault, but you'll soon find out with a wipe. I would even try flashing back to stock, and make sure it definitely doesn't work on another PC.

If it is an issue with your port, it's covered under warranty anyway.

Really weird if it is the port like how would it just get damaged all of a sudden if nothing has happened to it? Ill wipe it now and see sure fingers crossed its nothing major. The only thing ive done recently was formatted my sd card then added folders i had backed up internally back to the card.

Wiped and still ****ing same. I plug it into my pc and it charges and thats it nothing else.

This is so bloody annoying :rolleyes: the phone is in perfect condition in a protective case and all no bangs or anything to cause damage. First the sdcard issues then i fixed that and now this.

Phone is rooted as well so means id have to unroot it to send it back but bloody effort of having to send my phone back to htc.

• Advertisement

When you say you wiped, you mean factory reset while still keeping the rom? I would flash back to stock before throwing in the towel, put the RUU into the root of the sd card and boot to download and let it do its thing.

When you say you wiped, you mean factory reset while still keeping the rom? I would flash back to stock before throwing in the towel, put the RUU into the root of the sd card and boot to download and let it do its thing.

Its ages since ive messed around with this phone im not even on the latest version of android i was happy to leave it the way it was. Whats the easiest way of reverting to stock?

I have a backup of my current setup on twrp i take it if i go back to stock i cant use that?

No if you go with the ruu it will return the phone completely to the way it came out of the box.

No if you go with the ruu it will return the phone completely to the way it came out of the box.

Should i go with a certain one ? Like the latest or?

Try the latest oreo. What version of the phone do you have?

Second post in this thread has a link to a Google spreadsheet with links:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/u11/how-to/collection-htcu-u11-ruu-firmware-t3612048

Try the latest oreo. What version of the phone do you have?

Second post in this thread has a link to a Google spreadsheet with links:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/u11/how-to/collection-htcu-u11-ruu-firmware-t3612048

Bought it threw htc club when it first came out its single sim. Unlocked and on three.

So i was up till 5am sorting the phone :pac:

So when i plug it into pc now usb 3.0 doesnt seem to work. Usb 2.0 makes a connection you hear a noise but then almost instantly you get this error

Unknown USB device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

So ya anything i have found online so far hasnt worked including trying to fix it threw regedit.

Tried using sync manager to install the drives also. The phone has usb debugging enabled and i switched it in developer mode to mtp. I still dont get any notification to change things on the home screen as its not making enough of a connection after this error.

So im all day at this now trying to fix the problem i have tried everything i could find mentioned online still no fix.

There is a connection with the pc there its just malfunctioning and giving an error as if something is wrong.

Again though its strange cause the phone chargers no problem and its on stock 8.0 now. Plus my htc 10 works on the pc.

So im all day at this now trying to fix the problem i have tried everything i could find mentioned online still no fix.

There is a connection with the pc there its just malfunctioning and giving an error as if something is wrong.

Again though its strange cause the phone chargers no problem and its on stock 8.0 now. Plus my htc 10 works on the pc.

No issues with fast charging? Have you tried connecting to another PC just to rule that out?

• Advertisement

No issues with fast charging? Have you tried connecting to another PC just to rule that out?

Fast charge working perfectly tested it today plugged it into laptop have here that's bit in bits anyway but didn't pick it up at all on that but not surprisingly cause its on its way out!

Advertisement