Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model S

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

EVCPO wrote: »
    What makes you say this?

EV-CPO has been up continuously since 2015.

Thanks.

Inventory, New, Used or CPO. Basically any car ever listed for sale on Tesla's website.

I’ve been getting the following for a number of days now.
    Error 1020 Ray ID: 59ba78d428f9a8c1 • 2020-05-30 18:20:56 UTC
    Access denied
    What happened?
    This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks.
    Cloudflare Ray ID: 59ba78d428f9a8c1
    Your IP: 109.255.168.73
    Performance & security by Cloudflare

• Registered Users Posts: 4 EVCPO

Gumbo wrote: »
    I’ve been getting the following for a number of days now.

Thanks. That is very different from "it's dead now".

The message you post is clearly a security firewall rule blocking access due to previous hacking activity from "Virgin Media Ireland Limited". Please try using a different access method or network.

To check the online status of the site, please use a site like downforeveryoneorjustme

• Registered Users Posts: 65,049 ✭✭✭✭unkel

The message you post is clearly a security firewall rule blocking access due to previous hacking activity from "Virgin Media Ireland Limited". Please try using a different access method or network.

To check the online status of the site, please use a site like downforeveryoneorjustme

Welcome to boards.ie and thank you for letting us know you are still open for business :)

I can confirm that once I used a VPN, I could connect to the site fine and the details from my car come up as before when I enter my VIN

unkel wrote: »
    Welcome to boards.ie and thank you for letting us know you are still open for business :)

I can confirm that once I used a VPN, I could connect to the site fine and the details from my car come up as before when I enter my VIN

Great, thanks for trying.

Please feel free to contact me here, or via PM, if anyone has any questions.

-Hank

For the normal Joe, you might want to explains that?
    My broadband is with virgin media, I can’t change that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I’m with VM too and can’t access it, but my access is largely academic nowadays.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Kramer wrote: »
    The lowly Hyundai Ioniq 28 has a far better warranty than all Teslas :P.

So Hyundai will stand over a 2.5yr Hyundai warranty based on a private sale of a 5 year old Ioniq now, will they?
    Because that’s what Tesla do, and it’s bumper to bumper warranty too, full breakdown assistance included in that also.

For the normal Joe, you might want to explains that?
    My broadband is with virgin media, I can’t change that.

Virginmedia is the problem here. If you make the internet think that you are not using Virginmedia, then you can access EV-CPO no problem. You can do that by using a VPN.

slave1 wrote: »
    So Hyundai will stand over a 2.5yr Hyundai warranty based on a private sale of a 5 year old Ioniq now, will they?
    Because that’s what Tesla do, and it’s bumper to bumper warranty too, full breakdown assistance included in that also.

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭markpb

Virginmedia is the problem here. If you make the internet think that you are not using Virginmedia, then you can access EV-CPO no problem. You can do that by using a VPN.

Or alternatively, Cloudflare has decided for some reason that Virgin are a source of bad connections. Since VM is a legitimate IP with lots of consumers, someone in CF needs to figure out why legitimate traffic is being blocked from reaching the EV CPO website.

• Advertisement

Correct. I wasn't gonna wait for that though :p

markpb wrote: »
    Or alternatively, Cloudflare has decided for some reason that Virgin are a source of bad connections. Since VM is a legitimate IP with lots of consumers, someone in CF needs to figure out why legitimate traffic is being blocked from reaching the EV CPO website.

It's not Cloudflare. I'm sorry to say it's a rule I set up specifically due to significant hacking attempts from Virgin Media Ireland Limited IP addresses about two weeks ago.

Sorry about that trouble Hank. Did you contact Virginmedia and maybe give them a list of their IP addresses used on those hacking attempts?

• Moderators Posts: 12,370 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Am I reading this right?

5YJSB7H12FF093235
    https://teslascout.com/view.php?vin=5YJSB7H12FF093235&lang=en

No parking sensors? Do model S not come with parking sensors?

https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/used/5YJSB7H12FF093235

Am I reading this right?

5YJSB7H12FF093235

I thought they were standard!
    another problem with Tesla renders as you’d know straight away with a normal photo.

And a manual liftgate! I knew there were cars without parking sensors but that one is new to me. It's the most base spec Model S I've ever seen on the UK inventory! Apart from AP1 that is and dual chargers. It's very cheap for an AP1 CPO car though, I can't see it last long...

And a manual liftgate! I knew there were cars without parking sensors but that one is new to me. It's the most base spec Model S I've ever seen on the UK inventory! Apart from AP1 that is and dual chargers. It's very cheap for an AP1 CPO car though, I can't see it last long...

AP1, but kinda lacks anything else. Dual chargers is the only other perk.

AP1, but kinda lacks anything else. Dual chargers is the only other perk.

That's what I said :D

Very cheap though and I guess you could fit aftermarket PDC. Us beggers at this sort of budget looking for a Model S, can't be choosers!

Am I reading this right?

5YJSB7H12FF093235

This line is confusing, it's saying it does not come with Legacy Parking Sensors, key word here is "Legacy"
    My VIN lookup says the same but my car does have parking sensors.
    All 2012 and early 2013 Tesla's do not have parking sensors, mid 2013 it became an option then at some stage after that they came as standard.
    It's a total gamble whether this car has sensors or not, I get a "chat" popup when looking at that site, maybe ask them?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,632 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

PArking sensors were part of the tech pack.
    If they do not have parking sensors, likely they have a manual liftgate, no turn by turn navigation, and a few other pieces missing too.

The way to distinguish non Tech Pack cars is the absence of a chrome strip at the centre of the lower part of the rear bumper.

• Advertisement

ELM327 wrote: »
    PArking sensors were part of the tech pack..

That's handy to know, unfortunately this car does not have the Tech Pack
    "No Technology Package(TP00)"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

slave1 wrote: »
    This line is confusing, it's saying it does not come with Legacy Parking Sensors, key word here is "Legacy"
    My VIN lookup says the same but my car does have parking sensors.
    All 2012 and early 2013 Tesla's do not have parking sensors, mid 2013 it became an option then at some stage after that they came as standard.
    It's a total gamble whether this car has sensors or not, I get a "chat" popup when looking at that site, maybe ask them?

PK01 are legacy parking sensors and don't apply to AP1 cars. So you car will have PK00 LEGACY No Parking Sensors.

AP cars will all have PK00 as the parking sensors are part of the AP hardware.

jhegarty wrote: »
    PK01 are legacy parking sensors and don't apply to AP1 cars. So you car will have PK00 LEGACY No Parking Sensors.

AP cars will all have PK00 as the parking sensors are part of the AP hardware.
    No Technology Package(TP00)
    There's going to be a lot of functionality missing on that car.
    I think the navigation is also gone.

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/tech-package-or-no-tech-package.44771/

The lack of navigation wouldn't bother me at all. In any other car. In Tesla the integration with Google maps (and thus your phone and your laptop / PC) is just so handy. If you've looked something up on your PC previously, then it's right there when you get your phone. And another click and it's in your car and navigation has already startd. With high quality satellite view, live traffic and what I find very useful: accurate percentage SOC prediction for getting there and getting back home

The lack of navigation wouldn't bother me at all. In any other car. In Tesla the integration with Google maps (and thus your phone and your laptop / PC) is just so handy. If you've looked something up on your PC previously, then it's right there when you get your phone. And another click and it's in your car and navigation has already startd. With high quality satellite view, live traffic and what I find very useful: accurate percentage SOC prediction for getting there and getting back home
    This is perhaps the "thing I really value most in my car, that I didnt expect to"

So what you're all saying is that without the technology pack, it's lacking a lot, and would take from the "tesla experience". Yes?

It's too rich for me right now anyways, even at that low price. High 20s (£) is more attainable. Stupid Brexit and thus impending vat forcing me to rush things a bit.

Fyi, ievoa meeting on zoom had a question around vat and Brexit, they didn't seem to know anything around it. Kinda implied it was a non issue. ???

So what you're all saying is that without the technology pack, it's lacking a lot, and would take from the "tesla experience". Yes?

It's too rich for me right now anyways, even at that low price. High 20s (£) is more attainable. Stupid Brexit and thus impending vat forcing me to rush things a bit.

Fyi, ievoa meeting on zoom had a question around vat and Brexit, they didn't seem to know anything around it. Kinda implied it was a non issue. ???

The cheapest CPO I’ve seen was £29,600 last week.
    S85

for sure

Those group are a bunch of well intending mostly old men, most of whom don't have a clue about most things for the most part. I'd expect the chairman to know better, given he runs a business importing EVs from the UK.

If they implied that brexit was a non issue for VAT then they are actually moronic and should not be given airtime. The current situation - ie what will happen on 1/1/21 if nothing changes - is that VAT (+customs + duty + import taxes) will be chargeable on imports from UK to EU. Same as if you buy an EV from the US.

To advise to the contrary is frankly risible.

The cheapest CPO I’ve seen was £29,600 last week.

And I don't think we've ever seen a CPO much cheaper than that*. GBP30k for a CPO car with AP1 is a steal in my book

*apart from the one time of course :o :pac:

• Advertisement

ELM327 wrote: »
    for sure

Those group are a bunch of well intending mostly old men, most of whom don't have a clue about most things for the most part. I'd expect the chairman to know better, given he runs a business importing EVs from the UK.

If they implied that brexit was a non issue for VAT then they are actually moronic and should not be given airtime. The current situation - ie what will happen on 1/1/21 if nothing changes - is that VAT (+customs + duty + import taxes) will be chargeable on imports from UK to EU. Same as if you buy an EV from the US.

To advise to the contrary is frankly risible.

One guy on the call did say vat + import duty. I was feeding a 2 year old at the time, so didn't give my full attention.

Richard (model 3 YouTube guy) looks to be joining them. Bit of youth, good bit of knowledge.

Advertisement