Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

jhegarty wrote: »
    They don't published the AP upgrade price , but I have seen figures of £3k to £5k posted online.

If you want a facelift S60 you could spend £895 extra to get this lower mileage one with AP already enabled.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202005069199258

I'm put off by the seats in this one, prefer all leather

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

I'm put off by the seats in this one, prefer all leather

Agreed , they do look a bit manky.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,062 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Very cheap for a facelift AP car though

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭BobbyBingo

unkel wrote: »
    And only for a car that already has the radar. It's cheaper to just buy an AP car in the first place

3250 yoyos assuming you have EAP... I think 6500 if you don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,639 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

BobbyBingo wrote: »
    3250 yoyos assuming you have EAP... I think 6500 if you don't.
    Thats for the vaporware FSD

AP is cheaper

• Advertisement

ELM327 wrote: »
    Thats for the vaporware FSD

AP is cheaper

Indeed it is - vaporware for sure. With the FSD upgrade, if you have HW2.5 and MCU1 - it gets you a whole lot of new hardware too (as well as the vaporware!) that unlocks the newer stuff (netflix, youtube, browser that works, detection of roadworks etc).

Fake news.

FSD does not get you MCU2, it only gets you HW3
    You must pay for MCU2 upgrade too to get the newer stuff.

BobbyBingo wrote: »
    if you have HW2.5

I think most people in here looking for a used Model S, only have the budget for a pre facelift car. Or an early facelift car. All APone or APnone :p

AP2 came in from 2017, you could get a 2017 model S for low 40k stg. Compared to mine at £38500 it's not that much more.

AP2 CPO Model S for low GBP40k? Link or it didn't happen :p

• Advertisement

All three are 2016 UK cars, likely registered in September / October 2016 at the latest. How can they have AP2 when the hardware was not fitted until November 2016? How do you know?

I didn't check the VINs as the usual decoder site seems down at the moment...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

First two are both Full Self-Driving Capability(APFB) (APBS) equipped

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

First one Factory gate date 28-Oct-2016 First registered 30-Dec-2016

Second one Factory gate date 25-Oct-2016, First registered 12-Jan-2017

Where you get that info? The EV-CPO site seems down for me?

All 3 are mighty cheap for AP2 facelift CPO cars. Perhaps the prices have come down a bit across the range in the last few weeks? Thanks for the links, ELM327

Full Self-Driving Capability(APFB)
    Full Self-Driving Capability(APBS)

Means HW2 is physically there?

And then:

Autopilot Convenience Features (DCF0)

Means AP is active and working?

unkel wrote: »
    All three are 2016 UK cars, likely registered in September / October 2016 at the latest. How can they have AP2 when the hardware was not fitted until November 2016? How do you know?

I didn't check the VINs as the usual decoder site seems down at the moment...
    Because they have "autopilot" as opposed to "autopilot with convenience features"

The final one has FSD, so a free upgrade to HW3 is included.

Fake news.

FSD does not get you MCU2, it only gets you HW3
    You must pay for MCU2 upgrade too to get the newer stuff.

I stand corrected! FSD gets you the HW upgrade and not the MCU upgrade. Was advised by Sandyford it gets you both...:mad:

The final one has FSD, so a free upgrade to HW3 is included.

That's quite attractive. Making that a fairly sweet deal. HW3 is considerably better than HW1 and for the latter the hardware is grand but the software development has long been abandoned. OP has already overtaken it in some of the main features like lane keeping

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Ballylad wrote: »
    Happy enough with trade in of ioniq, so no big discounts just fair deal, will be back on next week with lots of questions, thanks for all your helpful input so far.

Did you collect yesterday?

The latest model S (Raven) has a 644km real world range

I saw that video, pretty impressive.
    I'd probably need 3 comfort stops on that trip, so the car's range is 3x of my bladder range!
    I'd struggle to get 400km from my S driving it the same way. Probably end up around 350-375. In 4 year to make that 350 nearly 650 in a car that looks the exact same from the outside is pretty incredible. And, the kicker, the long range S is cheaper to buy new now than it was when the first owner bought mine!

From the M3 thread:
    Nedved85 wrote: »
    Price cut on the Model 3, Model S and X in the States:

https://electrek.co/2020/05/27/tesla-cuts-prices-lineup/?fbclid=IwAR2vCTVaB2i0YnPyjdOfeg5Y0B3aE-yOoY4B7UpPd6W0vFjXmkLu0gTaE0g

Will we see the same over this side of the pond?

Hopefully we will :)

Price cut seems in for S and X here, with the removal of free supercharging.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Ballylad

Gumbo wrote: »
    Did you collect yesterday?

Hi, yes collected it , very happy with it, can’t get over the acceleration of it, hard to drive another car after driving it, just have to set up Tesla account when I get it registered

From the M3 thread:

Price cut seems in for S and X here, with the removal of free supercharging.

Model S from €85k now. A lot of car for the money if you take into account it's probably cheaper to have as a company car (for employer and employee combined) than something pretty lame like a BMW520d
    Hi, yes collected it , very happy with it, can’t get over the acceleration of it

Mine does 0-60 in 3.9s. I've never driven one with ludicrous mode, the latest do that in not much more than 2s flat. Can't imagine what that is like, but it most certainly is on my bucket list of things to do :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hi, yes collected it , very happy with it, can’t get over the acceleration of it, hard to drive another car after driving it, just have to set up Tesla account when I get it registered

Enjoy :)
    Post up some decent pics when your settled with it.

So, spent the last while pulling all the trims on driver and passenger side of the MS and no sign of open fuse box - looking to tap into for dash cam.
    I know there is a spare power source behind the rear view mirror but I don't have those cables to hand/can't find them online??

Has anyone found a way around this?

For the facelift cars it's in the frunk under the plastic panelling I think?

• Advertisement

For the facelift cars it's in the frunk under the plastic panelling I think?

I'm pre-facelift, also pre-facelift RHD have different fuse box layouts I've discovered, US have 4 fuseboxes (extra one in the cabin for cold package models) whereas RHD have sealed fuse boxes so not easily accessible.
    I installed the dash into the 12v socket beside the two USB ports for now and buried cable under various trims so that will do for now. The 12v socket only powers when car turned on and that doesn't bother me.

Advertisement