Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model S

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

But what's that got to do with streaming music and media?

Edit: perhaps TuneIn radio or such?

If it’s connected to a WiFi signal then you can stream Spotify, search the web using the browser etc
    I have my car 24 hours so I’m not the best to be advising but I haven’t listened to the radio once. Spotify since I bought but it does have premium connectivity option.

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Gumbo wrote: »
    If it’s connected to a WiFi signal then you can stream Spotify, search the web using the browser etc
    I have my car 24 hours so I’m not the best to be advising but I haven’t listened to the radio once. Spotify since I bought but it does have premium connectivity option.

Ah. These are apps built into Tesla itself I guess? If so, my Google music account is of no use (unless I stream via Bluetooth)

Ah. These are apps built into Tesla itself I guess? If so, my Google music account is of no use (unless I stream via Bluetooth)

Yes.

Once your phone is connected by Bluetooth you can stream your phones music library through the car also.

I can on my iPhone music but can’t confirm for a google music account.

Gumbo wrote: »
    Yes.

Once your phone is connected by Bluetooth you can stream your phones music library through the car also.

I can on my iPhone music but can’t confirm for a google music account.

But that's Bluetooth. This says media and music streaming over wi-fi.

But that's Bluetooth. This says media and music streaming over wi-fi.

You need to watch some YT videos. They explain it better than I can put it in text.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Has anyone taken the opportunity to avail of the €3250 upgrade to FSD? I see it also includes HW 3.0 which could be beneficial.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,221 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

For Model S? Which models? Any link?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

It’s coming up on the app as an available upgrade, I’ve HW 2.5.

Asking this in here rather than my own thread as it’s a general Tesla and Spotify query.

I logged into my Account grand. But when I’m in the car my phone and watch are constantly playing in the background while the car is playing.

I logged out of my account then today and just using the standard Tesla log in and low and behold when I look at my watch it displaying an album as playing that’s different to what’s on the car but no sound coming from the watch or phone.

It says connected to the car also.

May just delete the Bluetooth connections and start again but said I’d ask if anyone else has come across strange behaviour like that.

Is insurance pretty steep for everyone else? My Ioniq is costing me (albeit a bargain) €400 in insurance, while the only quote I could get (online) for a Model S was around €900. Do they attract that much theivery?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I moved from CRV to my S, no change in premium

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    I moved from CRV to my S, no change in premium

Guess I should actually pick up the phone. Better to know now rather than when/if I buy one.

Guess I should actually pick up the phone. Better to know now rather than when/if I buy one.

Think 123.ie give good Tesla quotes

€725. Maybe a bit less if I add my wife, but too lazy to go to the bother right now.

Can't remember the last time I pay over €600.

Is insurance pretty steep for everyone else? My Ioniq is costing me (albeit a bargain) €400 in insurance, while the only quote I could get (online) for a Model S was around €900. Do they attract that much theivery?

I paid €283 to renew my i3 in March.
    Swapped to the MS P85+ 2 weeks ago and no increase in premium.

Broker through my wife’s job.
    Discount for EV. Then a further discount as we have our ICE insured with them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,792 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Yup, can confirm

I moved to them this year as they were 400 quid cheaper than my renewal and nowhere else (of the places that would quote) came close.

It was 900 quid for the year with fully comp, full NCB etc
    (bearing in mind I have 2 penalty points & a settled claim in Dec 17)

Of course very appealing if your quote is EUR400 cheaper, but I would be wary of going with 123.ie or any of the other low budget (former) cowboys. Good luck in case of a claim. The cover is often not as good, some of them charge a very high excess in the case of a claim and many of them charge for anything, like temp changing to another car, cancellation of a policy, driving other cars (abroad), importing foreign reg cars into Ireland, etc. I'm used to having high end insurance policies with all the perks, would be loath to switch down.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,792 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

unkel wrote: »
    Of course very appealing if your quote is EUR400 cheaper, but I would be wary of going with 123.ie or any of the other low budget (former) cowboys. Good luck in case of a claim. The cover is often not as good, some of them charge a very high excess in the case of a claim and many of them charge for anything, like temp changing to another car, cancellation of a policy, driving other cars (abroad), importing foreign reg cars into Ireland, etc. I'm used to having high end insurance policies with all the perks, would be loath to switch down.

Yes, I would be of the same mindset, but my excess is 100 quid. They have full NCB protection, I have driving other cars so I dont need a temp change.

Won't be cancelling or switching in the next 12 months so it's all good. No point paying 400 quid more if I'm not going to use it. The only change I envisage is possibly address if we move house. But thats usually a 40 quid admin fee with them. Which I'll tolerate!

The only thing I'm losing from my old (as you say, with all the bells and whistles) policy is fully comp driving other cars. Which I don't really need anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭douglashyde

Hi all, sorry to come in out of the blind on this thread-- Long time listener / first time caller type of scenario. I promise to contribute more!!

I plan to collect my new 202 Model S Raven LR (grey, 19" carbon wheels, Black/White interior) with a delivery date set for mid July. Needless to say, I'm as excited as a kid on Christmas morning.

I've obviously done all my research but would love to get your guys opinion before I pull the trigger.

I've compared to Model 3 and while the M3 is a lovely car, the MS is a dream car. Read all comments from posters here re. difference in the two, but for me MS spec/look/comfort and size all make it worth it.

Would appreciate input/thoughts on three things: First, on I'm purchasing via. a company and working w/ my accountant to figure out the most favorable way of doing things. The short version is, I am looking at VRT at 24% as I'm under 8KM of work travel a year. Any advice/tips on how best to structure a EV purchase via. a company would be appreciated.

Do people with the 21" wheels find they damage when curbed easy and visually do you think it takes away from the car having 19" vs. 21"? (personal opinion I know)?

The big thing I really am struggling with but have mostly overcome is; if/when there's a interior/exterior design/battery refresh. W/ Battery Day mid Sept and the MS design not being refreshed really since it's facelift, knowing my luck they'll announce a new design in Sept.

Last, I love MKBHD's Car Wrap -- has anyone any recommendations of reputable/quality places in Dublin that do this?

If anyone is interested in the £30k 85 on auto trader with a years Tesla warranty, the vin is 5yjsb3h12efp40613

Nothing super fancy about the car. Cream interior, dual charger, free supercharging. That's about the height of it, but it's grand value given the year warranty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

450e fully comp.
    car was stolen, so guessing my premium on the mdoel 3 will be higher

Car stolen is a no fault claim. Should not affect your premium at all. Unless you are with a cowboy insurer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,277 ✭✭✭markpb

The big thing I really am struggling with but have mostly overcome is; if/when there's a interior/exterior design/battery refresh. W/ Battery Day mid Sept and the MS design not being refreshed really since it's facelift, knowing my luck they'll announce a new design in Sept.

Go with your heart and don’t look back. You’d be a long time waiting for any of Elon’s deadlines to be met.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

unkel wrote: »
    Car stolen is a no fault claim. Should not affect your premium at all. Unless you are with a cowboy insurer.

cool, its a broker through work.... premium goes up 200% :pac:

Not necessarily. A good broker can often find you a better deal than you could find yourself. Even though they obviously need to be paid as well. Middleman doesn't always make things more expensive :-)

Perhaps just anecdotal, but are the second hand values of early Model S going up? CPO prices are not as good now as they were earlier this year where a non-AP1 car could regularly be had for just under GBP30k

Prices on aggregate sites like tesla-info.com similarly show higher prices than earlier this year (while the cars are only getting older)

And interestingly, YT'ers James and Kate had their Model S for sale for a long time (the guts of a year?), looking for reasonable enough money. Couldn't sell it. And just this week they had several people wanting to buy the car and they got more money than they expected which surprised them

Now I do own an early Model S myself, and if you think this post is wishful thinking, maybe not. I have no intention to sell the car, so it doesn't matter much to me how much it is worth. BTW prices in Ireland seem to have come down, but the sample size is so small, that these are hardly significant.

Irish prices as you said have a brutal number base, our 2014/2015 imports are of an age when the Model S was not even for sale here.
    Actually, when did Tesla officially sell the Model S here?

Sandyford opened in 2017. Just looked up the SIMI stats for 2017 and Tesla sold 49 new cars here that year. About one car a week :D

2017 49
    2018 120
    2019 270
    2020 416 (first 5 months just)

Exponential growth there :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

I think Tesla opened around April 2017.

Advertisement