Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,049 ✭✭✭✭unkel

slave1 wrote: »
    The 12v socket only powers when car turned on and that doesn't bother me.

There is a fix for that :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

unkel wrote: »
    There is a fix for that :D

..it being?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

There was alot of used model s cars on the cpo site yesterday or day before and now only 2..hightly doubt they all sold in such a short time frame, any ideas why they might have been taken down?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

There was alot of used model s cars on the cpo site yesterday or day before and now only 2..hightly doubt they all sold in such a short time frame, any ideas why they might have been taken down?

It was down to no cars for a few days. They are back now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,632 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

They often take them down and relist

Under GBP36k for a 2016 facelift S75 with AP1. Not bad, but probably not a great spec. I see all their cars now no longer have free unlimited lifetime supercharging nor free unlimited lifetime premium connectivity. Neither is a big deal tbh and not worth an awful lot of money.

They've all but deleted free supercharging/connectivity which is a shame, the only CPOs with chance of it are early non AP models with high mileage as an incentive to sell.
    Have to say, I like the Google Maps Satellite view interface and Spotify ready to play any song that comes into my head.
    I will make use of free Supercharging when travelling through Scotland later in the year

Under GBP36k for a 2016 facelift S75 with AP1. Not bad, but probably not a great spec. I see all their cars now no longer have free unlimited lifetime supercharging nor free unlimited lifetime premium connectivity. Neither is a big deal tbh and not worth an awful lot of money.
    The irish inventory cars do.

They've all but deleted free supercharging/connectivity which is a shame, the only CPOs with chance of it are early non AP models with high mileage as an incentive to sell.
    Have to say, I like the Google Maps Satellite view interface and Spotify ready to play any song that comes into my head.
    I will make use of free Supercharging when travelling through Scotland later in the year

Yeah I'd like the idea of a long continental driving holiday. The free supercharging saving is not huge (about €400 for a 5k km trip) but I wouldn't mind experiencing the smugness of charging up for free time and again on a trip like that :D

Did you try Will Prowse's hack?
    ELM327 wrote: »
    The irish inventory cars do.

Irish inventory of second hand Model S? Any link? I don't think I've ever seen one (apart from the odd nearly new demonstrator / rejected / returned car)

• Advertisement

Na, I'm happy with dash cam as it, I want to get the cables to attach to the spare connector where the sunglasses storage is usually in a car but need to research it more.
    Ordered boot liner the other day so should have that in three weeks.

Yeah I'd like the idea of a long continental driving holiday. The free supercharging saving is not huge (about €400 for a 5k km trip) but I wouldn't mind experiencing the smugness of charging up for free time and again on a trip like that :D

Did you try Will Prowse's hack?

Irish inventory of second hand Model S? Any link? I don't think I've ever seen one (apart from the odd nearly new demonstrator / rejected / returned car)

https://www.tesla.com/en_IE/inventory/new/ms?arrangeby=plh&zip=&range=0

8 nearly new "inventory" S up now, starting at 89k
    https://www.tesla.com/en_IE/new/5YJS188_65cb7436ad3303984ce4df05bd49dfb5?token=$2y$10$7VzXo5SgpMKjV7Z79nQ4oe/LD4J6KGGwtLmT9x5D8uJ8Qrjq3pgGK&coord=52.5167,13.4&redirect=no

ELM327 wrote: »
    https://www.tesla.com/en_IE/inventory/new/ms?arrangeby=plh&zip=&range=0

8 nearly new "inventory" S up now, starting at 89k

That's what I mean. The cheapest second hand S is 89k, while you can order a brand new one for 85k :p

That's what I mean. The cheapest second hand S is 89k, while you can order a brand new one for 85k :p
    No you can't

The price is listed at €84,990 but if you look at the bottom and filter for the cash price before adding any options it is € 89,806

Same for the X, it's listed as €90,990 but the actual price is € 96,782

Someone should get on to Tesla for false advertising

Sure. Still the "second hand" car is about the same price as a new one :D

Most people on here interested in buying a second hand Model S have well less than half that budget!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Electric drivetrain was replaced in 2016 for the new variant.
    Battery was replaced in 2017

Are these Teslas really all that reliable?

............ducks & runs for cover.....

:D

Kramer wrote: »

There's one in Germany with over a million km on it. On its third motor and third battery. The current ones are in for something like 600k km and 500k km respectively. You tell us if that's reliable or not :D

But yeah, early cars had issues with batteries and motors, very expensive fixes but all of them worldwide were fixed free of charge under warranty. Buy a 6 year old Tesla today even in a private sale and it will still be covered for another 2 years. The complete opposite of say the likes of BMW who make billions from fixing failures of their designs...

• Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Well, the Model S came 15th in the list of least reliable cars, judged by aftermarket warranty repair costs. Which sounds bad, until you look at the 14 worse ones...

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3CaP6aXruk

I just did a warrantywise quote on a Model S, came in at £120/mo with a 10k repair limit and no excess, which seems modest.

But they won't cover anything with more than 117k miles...

Oh and interesting that it is very hard to find a Tesla Model S worldwide for much under the USD/EUR 30k mark. Even the very old cars in the USA are holding their value remarkably well.

Take that very high mileage Dutch one. White and base and pretty much as undesirable as a Model S could possibly get. Still €30k asking price...

• Advertisement

Buy a 6 year old Tesla today even in a private sale and it will still be covered for another 2 years.

Only if it has low mileage though.

I think Tesla warranties are terrible for their cost. Take the Model 3 for example. 4 years or 80,000km is terrible for a €60k car IMO. That's basically less than 2 years warranty for many who easily drive 40k per year.

The battery & motor then, what, 160,000km warranty - less than 4 years for Mrs. Kramer.

All the while Elon keeps getting the great free advertising with his 1,000,000 mile battery.
    Why doesn't he warranty them then & why does he keep reducing warranty benefits, removing included "free for life" supercharging & nerfing DC charge speeds?

He surely is the king of marketing :).

The lowly Hyundai Ioniq 28 has a far better warranty than all Teslas :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

All the while Elon keeps getting the great free advertising with his 1,000,000 mile battery.
    Why doesn't he warranty them then & why does he keep reducing warranty benefits, removing included "free for life" supercharging & nerfing DC charge speeds?
    The million mile battery doesn't exist yet. It's an ambition.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

What’s the site for running the Tesla vin to check spec?

https://ev-cpo.com/hunter/?lookup

was the best, but it seems dead now

https://teslascout.com/view.php?vin=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX&lang=en

is the only alternative that I know that gives the full spec list - fill in your VIN at the XXXX in above link

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

https://ev-cpo.com/hunter/?lookup

https://teslascout.com/view.php?vin=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX&lang=en

is the only alternative that I know that gives the full spec list - fill in your VIN at the XXXX in above link

Thanks. Not in database. If I’m
    Doing it correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Gumbo wrote: »
    Thanks. Not in database. If I’m
    Doing it correctly.

It will only work if the car has been CPO at some stage.

Your VIN is genuine. Check these:

https://vincheck.info/check/report-summary.php

https://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/check-lookup/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Fill in the VIN in the XXXX, you will see the recalls your car had

19V002000 31/01/19 AIR BAGS PASSENGER SIDE FRONTAL ODI
    17V260000 20/04/17 PARKING BRAKE MFR
    15V780000 23/11/15 SEAT BELTS FRONT MFR
    18V204000 30/03/18 STEERING ELECTRIC POWER ASSIST SYSTEM MFR

Although mine are the exact same, so I guess they were the official recalls with the dates they were issues. Rather than the dates the work was carried out on the actual car

There's one in Germany with over a million km on it. On its third motor and third battery.

My dad has a shovel, been in the family for generation. Handle replaced four times, head replaced three. Everlasting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 EVCPO

ev-cpo.com-hunter-lookup

What makes you say this?

EV-CPO has been up continuously since 2015.

Thanks.
    jhegarty wrote: »
    It will only work if the car has been CPO at some stage.

Inventory, New, Used or CPO. Basically any car ever listed for sale on Tesla's website.

Advertisement