Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model S

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

jhegarty wrote: »
    This CPO is similar money and specs (except the boot seats) but comes with a 4 year CPO warranty.

Looks like it would register as 162.

https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/used/5YJSB7E45FF104730?token=$2y$10$MIEIo5qNT5shleNm4/N.h.5fI3EXrVbeQihY9BsHOfkR4rUncUTQa&redirect=no

Was looking at that earlier too.
    Is Int that a 2015 car, the other was a 161.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Gumbo wrote: »
    Was looking at that earlier too.
    Is Int that a 2015 car, the other was a 161.

The year on the CPO site is the production year , not the registration date. It look like it wasn't registered until July 2016. So would be a 162.

But as with anything Tesla , check before you rely on any information.

The year on the CPO site is the production year , not the registration date. It look like it wasn't registered until July 2016. So would be a 162.

But as with anything Tesla , check before you rely on any information.

Ohh right, didn’t know that!
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Ballylad

Have a deposit on that car at the moment, anyone know what range you would get out of that driving ,
    ‘Normal’, how comes this does not have free supercharging, was looking at another one that was manufactured one month earlier and that had free supercharging, how do I know which autopilot version on it, thnks

This CPO is similar money and specs (except the boot seats) but comes with a 4 year CPO warranty.

Looks like it would register as 162.

https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/used/5YJSB7E45FF104730?token=$2y$10$MIEIo5qNT5shleNm4/N.h.5fI3EXrVbeQihY9BsHOfkR4rUncUTQa&redirect=no

• Registered Users Posts: 65,061 ✭✭✭✭unkel

It has AP1

Also Ultra High Fidelity Sound, but unfortunately pay per use supercharging, just a single AC charger and no air suspension

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,639 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Ballylad wrote: »
    Have a deposit on that car at the moment, anyone know what range you would get out of that driving ,
    ‘Normal’, how comes this does not have free supercharging, was looking at another one that was manufactured one month earlier and that had free supercharging, how do I know which autopilot version on it, thnks
    No free supercharging as it's a CPO from Tesla and not an early '14 model.

Range you're looking at 250-325km depending on driving style. I have the same battery in an S90D and that's the range I get.

Thnks, I meant this car on DoneDeal

This would be right up my street!

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/24676701

unkel wrote: »
    It has AP1

Also Ultra High Fidelity Sound, but unfortunately pay per use supercharging, just a single AC charger and no air suspension

Thnks, would no air suspension be much different handling/comfort wise?

I don't have air suspension, my loaner had it, and it's a bit better but not worth having for the price (at the time) imo.

I would expect that car to retail here for low 50's perhaps 52k on Irish plates. It doesnt have ludicrous mode.
    Other things to check for (for me anyway) are CCS/Chademo adapters, Cold pack, high fidelity sound, dual chargers etc. If you're paying more than 55k for that car you are overpaying. You'd get one cheaper from Tesla for that.

Thnks, yes it’s low 50s, doesn’t seem to have much extras, except for them alloys, what is AP1 capable of , thought there would be a 400k range on a P90, too used to good range on my ioniq and kona

ELM327 wrote: »
    I don't have air suspension, my loaner had it, and it's a bit better but not worth having for the price (at the time) imo.

I would expect that car to retail here for low 50's perhaps 52k on Irish plates. It doesnt have ludicrous mode.
    Other things to check for (for me anyway) are CCS/Chademo adapters, Cold pack, high fidelity sound, dual chargers etc. If you're paying more than 55k for that car you are overpaying. You'd get one cheaper from Tesla for that.

• Advertisement

You won't get 400km without doing leafspeed (90km/h) I'm afraid.
    The alloys are nice, you'd get a couple of K selling them and putting on standard 19's.

AP1 is what I have, pretty good, but it's a finished product. You won't have the newest gadgets like FSD, NOA etc.
    Coming from an Ioniq it's better. The ioniq was the best non Tesla "autosteer + TACC" solution out there. But, where you get 14kWh/100km or less in an Ioniq, in my S I rarely see under 20kWh/100km. My average in the 21k km since getting the car is 23.2kWh/100km. That's just over 300km range if you allow for ~72kWh usable energy.

The price of any option on any Tesla is pretty ludicrous in my book :D

If I had to buy one brand new with my own money, it would have been a base model with no extras (and hope the standard free colour wasn't white)

I've averaged over 20kWh/100km too, but my driving pattern is very different, very little sustained 130km/h motorway driving, lots of local Dublin area trips. Heavy foot though and it gets heavier by the day :D

The price of any option on any Tesla is pretty ludicrous in my book :D

If I had to buy one brand new with my own money, it would have been a base model with no extras (and hope the standard free colour wasn't white)

I've averaged over 20kWh/100km too, but my driving pattern is very different, very little sustained 130km/h motorway driving, lots of local Dublin area trips. Heavy foot though and it gets heavier by the day :D
    Your car will be an outlier though, only one large motor in the rear.
    I'd say you're going to be on model X levels of inefficiency.

Nowadays all that stuff is chucked in "for free" and you just choose the color, the wheels and FSD or not. Back in the day, you could have an S40 RWD or a P90DL and the latter would be 3 times the former.

€52,995 the dealer told me on Friday.
    Kept mentioning that it was 184k new. I told him Tesla’s pricing changed dramatically over the years and the P100d now is 120k with is higher spec than his.

It looks well, I was considering it but realistically, it’s too far out of my budget to be comfortable with. At that money I’d want the facelift version at least.

Hi, Did you get to drive it, it’s a on my upper budget too, don’t think they know much about Tesla or any ev cars

€52,995 the dealer told me on Friday.
    Kept mentioning that it was 184k new. I told him Tesla’s pricing changed dramatically over the years and the P100d now is 120k with is higher spec than his.

It looks well, I was considering it but realistically, it’s too far out of my budget to be comfortable with

Hi, Did you get to drive it, it’s a on my upper budget too, don’t think they know much about Tesla or any ev cars

No didn’t drive it. He told me he would give me good money for my i3 as he sold one quick a while back npand said they were a quick seller.

I’d no reason to drive, I’ve driven every version of the Model S, so I know what to expect. I would have bought on condition, spec and price. I think he’s priced right for a dealer but it’s a 50k car max in my opinion. Probably a bit less.

Hi,
    Any suggestions for competitive quote for a P90D, Zurich won’t quote me. Thnks

No didn’t drive it. He told me he would give me good money for my i3 as he sold one quick a while back npand said they were a quick seller.

I’d no reason to drive, I’ve driven every version of the Model S, so I know what to expect. I would have bought on condition, spec and price. I think he’s priced right for a dealer but it’s a 50k car max in my opinion. Probably a bit less.

I have mine insured through Britton insurance as they had my policy already.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭mrbongo

Hi,

Probably worth running your details through 123.ie.

Hi,

You bought that car in the midlands?

Zurich do not quote for any Teslas. Idiots.

• Advertisement

Hi, not yet, have to get a chance to view it when restrictions lift, just seeing how much extra the insurance is going to be and have that sorted .

Hi,

Axa quoted me no problem.
    I didn’t check with my current insurer (Allianz).

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Smck1983

Hi,

123.ie have some really competitive quotes for teslas. Definitely worth a try!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Model S owners with summon under AP 1.0, is there an extra payment to have parking included in Convience Features?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    Model S owners with summon under AP 1.0, is there an extra payment to have parking included in Convience Features?
    No.
    And it's crap.

Got a test drive last week in it, there is no going back to ioniq after that, amazing car to drive, collecting on 23rd

Well wear! The one in the midlands yeah? A lot of car for the money, how much you got it for?

Well wear! The one in the midlands yeah? A lot of car for the money, how much you got it for?
    Also interested in this.

Well wear!

Happy enough with trade in of ioniq, so no big discounts just fair deal, will be back on next week with lots of questions, thanks for all your helpful input so far.

quote="unkel;113430154"]Well wear! The one in the midlands yeah? A lot of car for the money, how much you got it for?[/quote]

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Well Wear,

You can join the Tesla Owners Ireland Facebook page, there's 500+ members, and they are all more than happy to help out with various queries.....

Advertisement