Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,147 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

ELM327 wrote: »
    That's insane.
    Wonder if we'll get it here or is it for NA models only (I think they named it the LR + )

I'd say we will, they're all made in CA. The WLTP cycle is similar to EPA, but with even less time at speed on the motorway, so the WLTP range should be slightly higher again, probably around the 650km mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,736 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

True but it's a different model designation. Anyway let's see, I doubt I'd be buying a new S that wasnt a performance one anyway so it won't affect me!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Anyone any opinion on this

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/23661548

Been for sale for ages.
    Too expensive, like all Irish listed teslas.

For context, I've had my S for 6 months, that exact car at that exact dealer was on my list. And at that time, people here told me it was listed for ages!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Saw that myself, good price but what extras does it have? AP enabled, Cold Pack, Dual Chargers, Air Suspension are all unknowns.
    It does not have the upgraded sound, it does not appear to have Premium Connectivity going on the Google Maps photo and no mention of free supercharging so I suspect a CPO but no mention of warranty?
    I was looking at a v similar CPO these past few weeks but it sold overnight at £35.9k and a 152 85D with dual chargers/sound/air susp on 19s.
    I get the feeling you will know more about the car than the dealer

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement

Been for sale for ages.
    Too expensive, like all Irish listed teslas.

For context, I've had my S for 6 months, that exact car at that exact dealer was on my list. And at that time, people here told me it was listed for ages!

I've been tracking Tesla UK CPO's since late last year and you would be amazed at how long they have cars for sale, the one I mentioned in the previous post was on sale since November 6th 2019.
    If, during the CPO process they notice some work to be done they take the car down for two weeks then put it back up again, also if a car has a deposit on it it will be taken down immediately but if sale does not go through this extends the for sale time even more

That's the date I collected my car.

LOL. freaky world

Gumbo wrote: »
    Anyone any opinion on this

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/23661548

For sale a long time, but did they drop the price? The asking price is quite reasonable, presuming there is still room for negotiation. It is from a garage, so by definition it is under warranty. I have no experience of that dealer though.

For this price you will not get AP. Ask the seller for the VIN and we'll know for sure, probably a very high specced car as it was top of the range back then. You have driven a 90D, and you liked that, so you will love the drive in a P :cool:

No AP is not the end of the world, I'm looking into OP myself atm

"A judgment has been registered against Ramillies Motor Company Limited"

Linky to solocheck

I would dig a bit deeper to see can you find out who the directors are and what previous companies they were directors of and google those companies, is all I'm saying...

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    For sale a long time, but did they drop the price? The asking price is quite reasonable, presuming there is still room for negotiation. It is from a garage, so by definition it is under warranty. I have no experience of that dealer though.

For this price you will not get AP. Ask the seller for the VIN and we'll know for sure, probably a very high specced car as it was top of the range back then. You have driven a 90D, and you liked that, so you will love the drive in a P :cool:

No AP is not the end of the world, I'm looking into OP myself atm
    It has AP hardware anyway.

P85D are not actually that fast, 3.6 seconds to 100km/h

I'd hazard a guess it has free SuC, and dual chargers

P85D are not actually that fast, 3.6 seconds to 100km/h

:D

Faster away from the lights than most Ferraris / Lamborghinis and those poor bastards will have to go through the whole rigmarole of using launch control to stand a chance of coming close to the Tesla
    It has AP hardware anyway.

Having the radar or not is not so much of a big deal. The OEM part from Bosch costs only a few hundred quid. Might retro fit it on mine down the line. Getting AP1 to work through Tesla will probably cost a fortune though. Nobody seems to know.

Getting AP1 to work through Tesla will probably cost a fortune though. Nobody seems to know.

Some end of quarter they'll look at all the AP hardware 2014/2015 cars where they have not been enabled and push out a once off purchase price to enable.
    How much of a premium to enable was it at time of purchase does anyone know?

slave1 wrote: »
    Some end of quarter they'll look at all the AP hardware 2014/2015 cars where they have not been enabled and push out a once off purchase price to enable.

Tesla didn't do this in the past when they really could have done with some extra cash. So no reason at all to expect they will ever do this in future as a marketing campaign. In fact it would take a major reason away from an old Tesla owner to upgrade to a new Tesla

Not being able to find a single person online to say how much it cost them to get their AP1 enabled would almost lead me to believe it can't be done (or to be more precise: Tesla won't do it)

Just found some web hits, was $2.5k at start to enable on purchase and $3k after purchase but that was dated 2017, another article dated 2019 said gone up to $3.5k after purchase and a lad in Norway enabled AP1 in 2019 for 6k$

Any link to that lad in Norway?

USD6k to enable it is insane money if you ask me. I'd consider it for USD1k, maybe a touch more. And in my case they would have to fit the radar too.

:D

Faster away from the lights than most Ferraris / Lamborghinis and those poor bastards will have to go through the whole rigmarole of using launch control to stand a chance of coming close to the Tesla

Having the radar or not is not so much of a big deal. The OEM part from Bosch costs only a few hundred quid. Might retro fit it on mine down the line. Getting AP1 to work through Tesla will probably cost a fortune though. Nobody seems to know.

You can't retrofit AP to a non AP car
    Not with oem support anyway. You could faff about with Openpilot but it would be easier and cheaper to get a new car. You could sell yours for a 10k profit.

Any link to that lad in Norway?

USD6k to enable it is insane money if you ask me. I'd consider it for USD1k, maybe a touch more. And in my case they would have to fit the radar too.

No, in work posting here but search engine on the phone as blocked in work, it was the first hit I got from Tesla Motors Club.
    Easiest thing to do is just ask Tesla in Sandyford, they will get back in a few weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭rx8

This I did not know, makes a lot of sense. Lets hope that legendary mazda reliability (except you RX8 you can feck off) made its way in there too.

Ah Heorr.... what did I do now !! :D

rx8 wrote: »
    Ah Heorr.... what did I do now !! :D

Well, the fact that you are in here probably means you have given up all hope on your rotary engine and moved onwards and upwards to electric cars :p

• Advertisement

You can't retrofit AP to a non AP car

Of course you can :D

But no, not with OEM support. There is nothing in it for Tesla to do so. They obviously want you to buy a new(er) car with AP...

This would be right up my street!

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/24676701

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Anyone hazard a guess what they'll be looking for? 55-60k?

Anyone hazard a guess what they'll be looking for? 55-60k?

Doing the figures with my i3 now :)

Looks fantastic! Did you request the VIN so you can check what options there are? Did they give you a price to change with your i3? What warranty comes with it?

No forgot to ask for the vin.
    Is that car the face lift or pre facelift?

Pre facelift. The nose cone gives it away.

Pre facelift. The nose cone gives it away.

I knew that was the difference but wasn’t sure which way it went :)

VIN useless surely unless it's been a CPO at some stage in the past

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

This CPO is similar money and specs (except the boot seats) but comes with a 4 year CPO warranty.

Looks like it would register as 162.

https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/used/5YJSB7E45FF104730?token=$2y$10$MIEIo5qNT5shleNm4/N.h.5fI3EXrVbeQihY9BsHOfkR4rUncUTQa&redirect=no

Advertisement