Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everesting Ticknock - July 2017

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Very best of luck with it Alek, wont make it up myself on the day but no doubt you'll have plenty of company.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,264 ✭✭✭secman

Very best of luck Alek, here's to a full compliment of co2 cartridges at the finish.
    I'll pledge €50 to a very good cause, it's just up the road from you, Harold Cross hospice , for your endeavour.

Safe journey.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Alek wrote: »
    The plan is to finish between 9 and 10pm. Technically I need a lift (with all the stuff) but somehow I haven't thought of it yet! If it won't suit anyone I'll just order a taxi to the lower gate :)

If it's going to be that late I'll sort you out

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

godtabh wrote: »

€80 :eek: I can see why these things are popping up everywhere.

I've seen 6 in various parts of Ireland over the last 3 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭py

Do you need anything brought up in the evening time like water/food etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Thanks guys, i think im ok with the supplies. The corner has been swept clean thanks to great help from NobleNudge and irishrover99 - perhaps my wife would say we have left out a few needles, but I'm sure descending tomorrow will be much more comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

422258.jpg

Alek wrote: »
    422258.jpg

You wore the handle out on that brush Alek :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

missed a spot

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,906 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

that's the wrong corner, you twonks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭irishrover99

secman wrote: »

Thats me. Alek doesn't have legs that big :cool:

Okay Trigger , should have recognised the brush you have had 20 years, just changed head 5 times and handle 4 times..... says Dave.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Okay Trigger , should have recognised the brush you have had 20 years, just changed head 5 times and handle 4 times..... says Dave.... :)

Its still in my boot Irishrover hasnt made the skip yet :D

Alek best of luck lad i'll get over tomorrow evening at some stage..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

No way you're Irish with that face! I demand an enquiry!

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    No way you're Irish with that face! I demand an enquiry!

I'm not sure if that's an insult or compliment but I'll take it as the latter. 😀

Was saving these for a special occasion so no better time...
    Middle bottle has your name written all over it Alek..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

Alex. The best of Luck with the attempt. Keep the rubberside down and the metres counting up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭nilhg

Best of luck with this Alek, brave man.

Picked Alek up at 5. Started about 5:20. Did a few reps then headed home.

Hope to be up again later.

Good luck for the rest of the day

• Advertisement

Done 5 reps with Alek this morning along with another boardsie Aaron.
    He was doing fine when I left. Will be heading back up at about 10am

Ill be over later in the day any chance lads leaving can give us an update on a count of completed reps or is Alek doing this himself??

A few photos from this morning

Ill be over later in the day any chance lads leaving can give us an update on a count of completed reps or is Alek doing this himself??

He's not counting reps. He's just going by elevation and he was over 1200m when i left

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Should be down around noon lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭Plastik

I thought the segment in the first post was a mistake with that off road bit at the top included, obviously not! So he's not repping from the junction at the bottom of the hill either, but from some point halfway up?

Plastik wrote: »
    I thought the segment in the first post was a mistake with that off road bit at the top included, obviously not! So he's not repping from the junction at the bottom of the hill either, but from some point halfway up?

From talking to him yesterday if I am right in what I heard he's turning at or before the barrier to the upper section....

He is doing it solo

• Advertisement

He is going from the upper gate to the top. He had bigger tyres so could go right to the top.

Advertisement