Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everesting Ticknock - July 2017

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

A few photos from this morning

Who is in the yellow? May have passed them in the way home

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Sunsets On Tuesday

Hi Guys,
    As IrishRover said, I did a few reps with alek this morning.( I'm Arron)
    Alek was in great form, eating a pepperoni pizza while ascending! He was about 1500m by 7:45.

There's a link to my strava from this morning: https://www.strava.com/activities/1082593302

Hope he completes it, genuine nice guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭irishrover99

godtabh wrote: »
    Who is in the yellow? May have passed them in the way home

That was Sunset on Tuesday(Aaron)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I slept badly, then slept in and had to leg it to work so never made it over. Following this with great interest. More exciting than the Tour

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Hi Guys,
    As IrishRover said, I did a few reps with alek this morning.( I'm Arron)
    Alek was in great form, eating a pepperoni pizza while ascending! He was about 1500m by 7:45.

There's a link to my strava from this morning: https://www.strava.com/activities/1082593302

Hope he completes it, genuine nice guy!

Defo passed you just before Lamb Cross. Looks like we are neighbors as well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

I'll be up around 3 - Alek will have had 10 hours of climbing in his legs so I should be able to keep up with him..

colm18 wrote: »
    I'll be up around 3 - Alek will have had 10 hours of climbing in his legs so I should be able to keep up with him..

That's the thing about this. The bigger and slower the rider, the better for Alek.
    More wind blocking and better pacing so no excuses today :p

That's the thing about this. The bigger and slower the rider, the better for Alek.

He won't get much shelter behind my 60kg ;)

The wind seemed to be blowing up the hill this morning. I was more worried about the wind descending

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

I can bring a backpack with 35kg in it Colm just in case that wind takes you away... :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,059 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

A few photos from this morning
    can you ask him to pop a wheelie or two for the next set of shots?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

In that case I'll be his ultimate drafting lead out 😶

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Sunsets On Tuesday

godtabh wrote: »
    Defo passed you just before Lamb Cross. Looks like we are neighbors as well!

What colour jersey were you wearing? Think I may have seen you aswell!

What colour jersey were you wearing? Think I may have seen you aswell!

I was in my car wearing a boards jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

can you ask him to pop a wheelie or two for the next set of shots?

One-handed!!

marvin80 wrote: »
    One-handed!!

Hopefully non one offers him a cookie. That would be a 20m (elevation) penalty

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Going to try and get up at some stage, what is the estimated finish time?

Going to try and get up at some stage, what is the estimated finish time?

9/10

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

How many ups and downs does he have to do to reach the meters?

bazermc wrote: »
    How many ups and downs does he have to do to reach the meters?

Roughly 40 AFAIK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Roughly 40 AFAIK

I thought it was 67?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,059 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

40≈67.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,979 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

68 repeats I thought?

I thought it was 67?

Ah, I see Godtabh said he's going from the upper gate to the top - I thought he was starting from a different spot. 67 probably right so.

Alek should be just over 4400 m by now,so half way there. He could be finished by 7/8 by the looks of it, depending on how many breaks he takes. Conditions are perfect so hopefully they hold up.

I'm just back from another 6 reps so that's just 2000m for me for the day. He's had support from his mate Jakub and when i was leaving another guy just tagged along who we got chatting to.

any issues with midges?

any issues with midges?

None at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Will there be a load heading up for the end? I'm hoping to but I'll have to drive if I want to make.
    Although I suppose I could take bits that need to be carried or if Alek needs a lift home, I think he mentioned that earlier in the thread

Can any one offer him a lift. I'd said I'd try but would like a plan b

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

I was up there about 30 mins ago (in the car!) and he was halfway through. Looking fresh and in good form.

Advertisement