Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moto G5 Plus

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Yes, I bought mine from there and it has a dual sim slot.
    Looking at the G5 Plus now on amazon.de. Is that phone a dual sim? Here's the link;

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B06XC6XTG6/ref=abs_brd_tag_dp?smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

The_Shotz wrote: »

I logged in, it's telling me it will ship to Ireland, so I suppose 'yes' is the answer.

€14 cheaper than the 2gb version on .de, looks like a good deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

The_Shotz wrote: »

I think the description on Amazon.de is a mistake. I purchased that exact model and it came with 3GB Ram. You should email them to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

Any idea when the phone will be available on amazon.co.uk?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭MrSzyslak

magicmoves wrote: »

No it's strange, they must not have a deal to stock the plus version in the UK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 jjjulio

Hi, does anyone know if the amazon.de Moto G5 plus dual sim version has 3 separate slots for the two sims and the microSD card or is there a combined slot for the second sim and the microSD card. As far as I can see there seems to be versions one with two slots and another with three. Emailing amazon.de did not get any answer - they referred me to Moto specs! And if their version has only 2 slots does anyone know where I'd get a version with 3 slots. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

jjjulio wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone know if the amazon.de Moto G5 plus dual sim version has 3 separate slots for the two sims and the microSD card or is there a combined slot for the second sim and the microSD card. As far as I can see there seems to be versions one with two slots and another with three. Emailing amazon.de did not get any answer - they referred me to Moto specs! And if their version has only 2 slots does anyone know where I'd get a version with 3 slots. Thanks
    3 separate slots on the one slide out tray.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

magicmoves wrote: »

Carphonewarehouse have the exclusivity on selling the plus in the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Bit disappointed to find that the Moto g5 does not have a compass considering my previous g2 had one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Bit disappointed to find that the Moto g5 does not have a compass considering my previous g2 had one.

Where did you get it. Some of them do I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

beauf wrote: »
    Where did you get it. Some of them do I think.

It's the 3 gb uk model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Only have magnetometer in US. Motorola UK, France, Spain or Germany dont seem seem to have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

My only gripe so far is the lack of a notification light which can only be enabled by rooting the phone.

The notification light is on the left hand side of the front speaker

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭wizardman

Mine doesn't have one, ordered from Amazon.es Am i missing something can you not download one from the play store?

There's also no moto gallery like the x play so I'm using google photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 cardshark

My only gripe so far is the lack of a notification light which can only be enabled by rooting the phone.

The notification light is on the left hand side of the front speaker

Got the dual sim G5 from Amazon. That is fairly annoying alright!! Why would they disable this feature would anyone know?

Might be something they will change with a software update? Very strange as that LED comes in very handy.

cardshark wrote:
    Got the dual sim G5 from Amazon. That is fairly annoying alright!! Why would they disable this feature would anyone know?

cardshark wrote:
    Might be something they will change with a software update? Very strange as that LED comes in very handy.

Can't understand it at all, why have the LED there if it can't be used without rooting!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bargainboy

if i buy a moto g5 plus from amazon.de can i charge it with an irish charger if i misplace/lose the supplied german one abet slower ?

bargainboy wrote:
    if i buy a moto g5 plus from amazon.de can i charge it with an irish charger if i misplace/lose the supplied german one abet slower ?

I have been doing so anyway, although I cannot say what effect it has on the battery long term.

I used about 10 different charger's on my last phone with no effect except charging speed

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭chatterbox

Looking a ordering either the G5 Plus or Lenovo P2 from amazon.de
    Can anyone who has ordered either of these from amazon.de tell me what charger type comes in the box, 2 or 3 pin.
    If its a 2 pin, is using the adpater just awkward ? Also does it affect the fast charger in any way by using a adaptor ?

Is it the cable of the plug block that does the work for the fast/turbo charging ??

chatterbox wrote:
    Looking a ordering either the G5 Plus or Lenovo P2 from amazon.de Can anyone who has ordered either of these from amazon.de tell me what charger type comes in the box, 2 or 3 pin. If its a 2 pin, is using the adpater just awkward ? Also does it affect the fast charger in any way by using a adaptor ?

chatterbox wrote:
    Is it the cable of the plug block that does the work for the fast/turbo charging ??

G5 plus comes with a 2 pin plug so you'll need an adapter. The adapter has no effect on charging

• Advertisement

G5 plus comes with a 2 pin plug so you'll need an adapter. The adapter has no effect on charging

Komplett also are selling both phones, do you they would ship with a 3 pin charger as they are selling to Ireland

chatterbox wrote:
    Komplett also are selling both phones, do you they would ship with a 3 pin charger as they are selling to Ireland

No idea. I just picked one up on Amazon when ordering the G5. Think it was 2 euro or something

• Registered Users Posts: 14,882 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

you should look into getting the Lenovo P2 from three.co.uk (via Parcel Motel or whatever). Much cheaper (particularly with sterling currently quite weak) and it is unlocked.

loyatemu wrote: »
    you should look into getting the Lenovo P2 from three.co.uk (via Parcel Motel or whatever). Much cheaper (particularly with sterling currently quite weak) and it is unlocked.

Is it definitely unlocked?? It says pre pay or contract , doesn't mention sim free

• Registered Users Posts: 14,882 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

chatterbox wrote: »
    Is it definitely unlocked?? It says pre pay or contract , doesn't mention sim free

Apparently all 3 UK phones are sold unlocked; obviously you'd buy the prepay one with the £10 topup, so £210 in total - huge thread on this offer here. Whether you can get it delivered via ParcelMotel or ParcelConnect I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭MrSzyslak

loyatemu wrote: »
    Apparently all 3 UK phones are sold unlocked; obviously you'd buy the prepay one with the £10 topup, so £210 in total - huge thread on this offer here. Whether you can get it delivered via ParcelMotel or ParcelConnect I don't know.

Looks a fantastic phone for that price. Probably bit better than G5+ Screen seems crisper and massive battery. However Camera inst as good and doesn't run Android Nougat. Roughly 50 pounds cheaper.

Not sure if parcel motel will work. Will try order later.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

I just bought a Moto G5 Plus today in Newry. I can't get data to work on it. The phone works for phone calls and texts. I'm with Lycamobile which is 3G here in the Republic.
    Has anyone had this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭wizardman

lighthouse wrote: »
    I just bought a Moto G5 Plus today in Newry. I can't get data to work on it. The phone works for phone calls and texts. I'm with Lycamobile which is 3G here in the Republic.

You need to add apn settings for lycamobile.

Click settings, more, mobile networks, access point name, click + top right hand corner.

Name: lyca internet
    APN: data.lycamobile.ie
    Username: lmie
    Password: plus

Save these settings and restart the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

wizardman wrote: »

Click settings, more, mobile networks, access point name, click + top right hand corner.

wizardman wrote: »

Hi Wizardman
    Thanks a million. I was beginning to panic thinking there might have been some incompatibility issue with Lycamobile.
    Everything is working fine now.
    Your help is much appreciated.
    No idea what I did but it works and that's all that matters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

There is a newer variation of the G5 coming out in the form of the G5S and G5S Plus.

http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_g5s_plus-8699.php

Advertisement