Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moto G5 Plus

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭thegrayson

Standard Moto G5 from Amazon.de does not come with 3Gb of RAM as per the UK model, nor does it include the turbo charger :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭mosstin

thegrayson wrote: »
    Standard Moto G5 from Amazon.de does not come with 3Gb of RAM as per the UK model, nor does it include the turbo charger :(

Thought I read a post a few pages back from someone who'd already ordered from them stating that it had both.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭flanaganred

I just received my new G5 plus from Amazon.de and I can confirm it has 2 pin euro Turbo charger, dual sim, NFC and 3GB RAM.
    I Haven't had time to play around with it yet as it is still setting up but I really like the 5.2 screen size. It feels much better in my hand and should make one handed browsing much easier than it is with my G4.

Turbo charger only comes with the plus

• Registered Users Posts: 17,802 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Anyone get the Moto G5 from Amazon.co.uk with the 3GB of RAM and 430 processor?

It's listed for 177 pounds currently.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭biebiebie

What's battery life like for anyone who actually has the plus?
    What type of screen on time are you seeing when on mobile data eg 4G?
    From what I've read about 6 hours sot seems common enough which is very encouraging...Are you seeing similar?

Also have any updates been released yet?
    eg bug fixes, security updates

I've seen mixed reviews on the front facing camera, which is an important factor for me for family snaps.
    Any opinions?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭MrSzyslak

When is the plus going to show up on Amazon UK what's the delay I wonder.

Should be 249 pounds when it does so have been waiting.

I've been using the regular G5 and I must say it's a lovely phone.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

MrSzyslak wrote: »
    When is the plus going to show up on Amazon UK what's the delay I wonder.

Should be 249 pounds when it does so have been waiting.

Why not just buy directly through motorola?

Basil3 wrote: »
    Why not just buy directly through motorola?

Never used Parcel Motel but I might look into it now. Just thought it would be available on Amazon UK by now and get free shipping etc.

https://store.meteor.ie/phones/pay-as-you-go-phones/Huawei-P8-Lite-2017

This might be worth a look as a solid alternative

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Battery Kinzie

I order it a while back through Motorola UK and got it delivered to parcel motel, using PayPal for payment. It arrived about a week later with no fuss.

Been using it now for about a month, and it's been great. Battery is really good and performance has been great. I'd really recommend it, especially considering the price.

I order it a while back through Motorola UK and got it delivered to parcel motel, using PayPal for payment. It arrived about a week later with no fuss.

Been using it now for about a month, and it's been great. Battery is really good and performance has been great. I'd really recommend it, especially considering the price.

Cool , Can I ask the charge for Parcel Motel? No fuss to set up?

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Battery Kinzie

MrSzyslak wrote: »
    Cool , Can I ask the charge for Parcel Motel? No fuss to set up?

3 or 4 euro I think for parcel motel. No fuss setting up either no, you can just give them your card details and they'll take the money out when they get the package. They then give you an address to post it to up north which you obviously use when ordering on Motorola.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    I've been using the regular G5 and I must say it's a lovely phone.

What are you comparing it with. What did you have before.

Be aware of the insurance on parcel Motel.

http://www.parcelmotel.com/extend-liability/

beauf wrote: »
    What are you comparing it with. What did you have before.

Smart Ultra 6

But I use alot of phones.

It's the 3gb Ram version from Amazon.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Cool cheers.

Someone said only the plus has quick charging? Did you test that?

beauf wrote: »
    Cool cheers.

Someone said only the plus has quick charging? Did you test that?

AFAIK the Amazon version also has quick charging but you need to buy the charger, only regular charger supplied.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Ok so I'm typing thought on a G5 plus!

Tried Motorola UK but my order got cancelled even though I used PayPal.

So I bought it from Amazon Germany.
    Actually worked out cheaper and got case and tempered glass screen protector also.

I highly recommend the phone thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

biebiebie wrote: »
    Ok so I'm typing thought on a G5 plus!

Tried Motorola UK but my order got cancelled even though I used PayPal.

So I bought it from Amazon Germany.
    Actually worked out cheaper and got case and tempered glass screen protector also.

I highly recommend the phone thus far.

How much was everything in total?

• Advertisement

magicmoves wrote: »
    How much was everything in total?

Looks likes It's about 303 for just the phone delivered

Cost me €322.43 all in delivered.
    G5 Plus phone
    Clear gel case - has 2 in the pack (swap when yellowing shows)
    Two packets of 2 tempered glass screen protectors (so 4 all together)

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭wizardman

Have the g5 plus a few weeks now, i upgraded from the x play. I gave up the long contracts and samsung galaxy s series phones! But very impressed with Motorola/Lenovo

I got it on Amazon.es and it cost 300 with a cover and screen protector. Love the pure android experience with no bloatware. The fingerprint scanner works well. Camera is decent, auto focus doesn't always work well. Not great in low light. But fine for me.

Phone is quick and easy to use. It handles tasks and apps without lag. I can really see a difference between 2gb x play and 3gb on the g5 plus. Alot of phone for 300 euro. It could do with a notification light as standard though.

The screen goes black/dim too quickly which is a bit of nuisance sometimes. I changed the power button to end phones calls as i couldnt get the screen to light up again to end the call, running the risk of cursing the wife while she is still there! I couldn't find the proximity sensor or similar that was on Samsung, dont think i suffered this problem on the x play.

Battery life is very good, it feels nice in the hand, one handed operation if you need it. Overall its a good solid 7/10 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Been following this thread after smashing my OPX screen a few weeks back and took the plunge and ordered one last night! Thanks to everyone that has contributed to this thread over the last while, loads of great info!

Manzoor14 wrote: »
    Been following this thread after smashing my OPX screen a few weeks back and took the plunge and ordered one last night! Thanks to everyone that has contributed to this thread over the last while, loads of great info!

Where did you order. How much did it cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Amazon.de: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B06XC6XTG6/
    €275.99 + €6.95 for two tempered glass screen protectors + shipping (not sure of the exact shipping figures, I ordered a few other unrelated things as well, total shipping for everything was €9.06)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

Well after looking long and hard at multiple different phones I decided to go for the Moto G5 Plus from. Amazon.de for 280 delivered to parcel motel with delivery due next Tuesday :)

I was looking at Chinese phones like the Zuk Z2, Xiaomi Mi5, Umi Z Pro, LeEco Pro 3 and Lenovo P2 but decided to go for the G5 Plus because good reviews, the Android 7.0 Nougat and the ease of setting up without the hassle of flashing ROMs.

I'm changing from a Sony Z3 which has served me well for over 2 years and still going strong so hopefully the G5 Plus was a good decision..

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭SpatialPlanning

Looking at the G5 Plus now on amazon.de. Is that phone a dual sim? Here's the link;

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B06XC6XTG6/ref=abs_brd_tag_dp?smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF

Some of the comments mention dual sim but I'm not 100%. Some mention this one has no compass.

Wish they wouldn't have so many slightly different variants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭The_Shotz

Advertisement