Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playerunknown's : Battlegrounds

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Bought it lastnight, first 4 games I died during the race to find a weapon.
    Was incredibly frustrating ofcourse but finished 8th in my next game.
    While I enjoyed it to a point I actually enjoyed many hours watching streams of it more than I did playing, weird one but true.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

There is a few players asking for a kill cam.
    Can't see a kill cam happening, as it gives away the location of the killer, and the victim could tell his buddies where the killer is located.
    madcabbage wrote: »
    Anyone ever up for doing a 5 man squad sometime? madcabbage579
    Thought it was only a four man squad? They increase it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Really tempted to pick this up. Think you need to be in a premade team to have success though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

the_syco wrote: »
    Can't see a kill cam happening, as it gives away the location of the killer, and the victim could tell his buddies where the killer is located.

Thought it was only a four man squad? They increase it?

Well solo's wouldn't really be a problem duo's and squads could show it when everyone is dead.

Anyone wanna team up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭madcabbage

I'd be on after 10pm if you're playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Same here wont be back on till just after 10. If people are still on Ill play though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

Really tempted to pick this up. Think you need to be in a premade team to have success though.

Made it to #2 three times with randomers, but it kind of depends on whether they're using mics and willing to talk a little. Have also been matched up with a premade team of 3 people a couple times who just ignored me (or worse, shot me), and a few times where nobody had a mic and just scattered across the island.

Getting a squad of 3-4 down to the last 20 or so is intense

Running the game decently on medium settings with a hd7800, but there appears to be some memory leaks at times so I restart it every few games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

It took me nearly a day to figure out you can zoom and hold your breath with shift key while aiming down the sights...

No wonder my KD was so awful in gun fights.

Oh and not to mention the zeroing distance. I really am a noob.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,145 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    It took me nearly a day to figure out you can zoom and hold your breath with shift key while aiming down the sights...

No wonder my KD was so awful in gun fights.

Oh and not to mention the zeroing distance. I really am a noob.

I've completely ignored both of those things :o

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I've completely ignored both of those things :o

You know the quick loot trick? press tab over a group of items on the ground and just right click on what you want. Saves ages in animation time at the start of the round. Pressing F to pick up everything 1 by 1 is time consuming.

Oh and dont forget that grenades stack in your inventory. Even if you had stun grenades and pick up a frag you still have those stun grenades, just be mindful of the inventory space. Press 5 to cycle through all your grenades. And actually start using them aswell. Frags clear out towers with ease. Got a double kill last night with one which got me into the top 10 for the first time in squad. (i was the last one alive on my team)

Really loving this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

If you're picking up ammo or medical stuff it's faster to just drag it into your inventory because it doesn't start any animation and allows you to keep moving forward while looting.

Fun game for sure, just too bad the servers can be sh*te :(

You can zoom in while ADS'. Didn't even cop that nice!

Created a discord so people can drop in and out: https://discord.gg/Q6VsS8M

Playing this solo is terrible :pac:

How often is it updated? Does anyone know if there are any new features planned for it?

Here is a link to the dev blog that outlines a few upcoming updates. There was a 4GB update recently too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,306 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Weekly updates, Thursdays, for small fixes monthly patches for performance or something along those lines hotfix's anywhere in between. 14th April there is supposed to be an update that fixes optimization. Update today broke the game for a lot of people. I was one of the lucky one's who had no issues with ram error. The update I did get broke the lobby gunshot sounds and crouching sounds/footsteps. Those sounds were back at the volume they were before last weeks patch. They rolled back on the update today after a couple of hours. Really hope it is the first and only time they fk up an update.

The server hotfix two days ago or yesterday seemed to cause latency issues for me and a few others have seen less rubber banding though. Think I'd rather have rubber banding than major latency issues. Can't win fist fights got killed a few times around corners and out of sight from other player.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

This might be a repost, and it could well change in any of the updates, but someone made a map showing loot and vehicle spawn sites. I saw it on the OcUK forums. Not playing this yet myself, but it might be useful to some of ye.

Up to a population of 3: https://discord.gg/Q6VsS8M

• Advertisement

Nice I'll hop on that later on see if anyone is around. Haven't been playing much lately but I plan on having a good few games tonight

https://twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/850293539573334017

Up to a population of 3: https://discord.gg/Q6VsS8M

Just waiting on stuff to arrive to make a talkback foot switch for the condenser mic. Will be away the weekend but will jump on that on Monday with the crap mic. You 3 are using mics right?

https://twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/850293539573334017

Just waiting on stuff to arrive to make a talkback foot switch for the condenser mic. Will be away the weekend but will jump on that on Monday with the crap mic. You 3 are using mics right?

Not yet, should have one by next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 CofMixture

I'll jump in too chums. I'm fecking useless mind you

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

getting my ass handed to me :D any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 CofMixture

getting my ass handed to me :D any tips?
    You'll have to group up and get on the mic by the looks of it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I have never heard of this before, looks really good. Think I might just jump straight in. Googled gameplay, found this, was not disappointed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vIJr5ADXiM

Is there a tutorial or is it one of those brutal games where you have to learn everything live?

Anyone tell me what size it is? My SSD is pretty tight at the moment.

Anyone tell me what size it is? My SSD is pretty tight at the moment.

I'm downloading 8.7GB right now. I imagine the actual install will be 10+.

EDIT: 9.1

Ok, have to dive straight in. Thankfully there is a lobby area, at least, so I can see my performance. Everything defaulted to Ultra on my 1070, which is giving me 45fps, which is absolutely not going to fly after getting used to 144 in Overwatch.

Decided to play a black woman, I am guessing I will stand out at least amongst all the Commander Shepard clones :D

• Advertisement

I've tried a few games now. Last one I landed right beside someone, but she didn't see me. I ran in and started punching her from behind. Nothing seemed to happen. Glitched through her, she saw and started shooting me with a pistol. I ran off. A minute later someone punched me from behind and I died instantly from 50% HP :/

Is there a trick to punching people I' missing...? The lack of any "practice the absolute basics of controlling your character" mode is pretty annoying.

Advertisement