Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIR prepay plan, €30 simplicity now €20, in-store/online sale.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,321 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Thanks for the replys... Meant to ask, how their network is compared to Vodafone for coverage, black spots and speeds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Thanks for the replys... Meant to ask, how their network is compared to Vodafone for coverage, black spots and speeds

I get 4g nearly everywhere in dublin, including the entire port tunnel and the side of remote gaa pitches over most of leinster at weekends.

Incomparable coming from tescomobile which had worst mobile coverage Ive ever had

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

In Kerry it's not quite as good but the difference in price makes it palatable. That being said it's fine in urban areas and the data speeds are good

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Vodafone is slightly better, especially out near edges of the country or sparsely populated places. But they charge a fortune. It is much better than three and their off springs, whereby you might get lots of signal but very poor data speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭sibersha

I am currently on Eir Bill Pay.
    I've just placed an order online with Vodafone to have my number ported to Vodafone on Monday. They tell me, they will contact Eir to cancel my contract (30 day rolling).

So the plan is to bring my new ported Vodafone sim into Eir next week and ask to be ported back to Eir and activate the offer.

My question is, will I be able to port to Eir even though I am technically serving out my 30 day bill notice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭homingbird

I got the sim in the post & tried to join the 50gb data plan by texting 180 Days to 50104 0n my phone it said i cant join & contact customer care. What did i do wrong i didnt topup yet as i thought the text would work before topping up.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

TheDriver wrote: »
    Vodafone is slightly better, especially out near edges of the country or sparsely populated places.

Not where I am. Poxy edge all day everyday. Only when you go into the town does it hit 3g/4g

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hey folks, is this the best "downside free" payg deal out there at the mo? By downside, I mean, I know lyca offer the same domestic allowances for €15/pm, but don't allow EU roaming and then there's the hassle of having a UK number assigned to you while in the UK and the top up can be a pain in the ass etc too. I think there's a decent VF deal going too, but you have to jump through a few hoops to get it.

I'm with eir myself and have no problems at all, I'm on the business unlimited plan for €25+ VAT per month which suits me, but looking into a hassle free solution for someone else who doesn't need the inclusive UK calls etc too.

Is there any way to get this deal without having the hassle of topping up? Just to set it up with direct debit and get a monthly bill that's taken so you don't need to remember to top up every 28 days and just keep it rolling month to month? If not, does anyone know the next best deal that is completely hassle/downside free and is bill pay with unlimted calls/texts/data as well as EU allowance?

Any feedback would be great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

cormie wrote: »
    Hey folks, is this the best "downside free" payg deal out there at the mo? By downside, I mean, I know lyca offer the same domestic allowances for €15/pm, but don't allow EU roaming and then there's the hassle of having a UK number assigned to you while in the UK and the top up can be a pain in the ass etc too. I think there's a decent VF deal going too, but you have to jump through a few hoops to get it.

I'm with eir myself and have no problems at all, I'm on the business unlimited plan for €25+ VAT per month which suits me, but looking into a hassle free solution for someone else who doesn't need the inclusive UK calls etc too.

Is there any way to get this deal without having the hassle of topping up? Just to set it up with direct debit and get a monthly bill that's taken so you don't need to remember to top up every 28 days and just keep it rolling month to month? If not, does anyone know the next best deal that is completely hassle/downside free and is bill pay with unlimted calls/texts/data as well as EU allowance?

Any feedback would be great :)

You can set up a top up schedule via the my eir app if that helps. Eg auto top up by €20 every 28 days. I have never used it but I presume it would work the way you want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

Went to Tesco for 2 weeks.
    Went back go Eir. Topped up 20 for the unlimited deal. Didn't get it.
    Rang customer care. They activated it.

Wouldn't it have been much easier to just give it to existing customers???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

JG009 wrote: »
    Went to Tesco for 2 weeks.
    Went back go Eir. Topped up 20 for the unlimited deal. Didn't get it.
    Rang customer care. They activated it.

Wouldn't it have been much easier to just give it to existing customers???

Did you try texting to opt in before moving? You need to opt in. That's why you didn't get it. People in this thread have got it as an existing customer by just texting 20unlimited to 50104

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Zico !

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Did you try texting to opt in before moving? You need to opt in. That's why you didn't get it. People in this thread have got it as an existing customer by just texting 20unlimited to 50104

just tried this doesnt work

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭M7roadrunner

Can anyone confirm if Eir Wifi calling is activated on this plan?
    Would be a solution for a family member if this is possible.
    Any bill pay option I've looked at doesn't have the same allowances as this deal, but wifi calling is needed.

wifi calling is for bill pay only I think. the optin 20unlimited stopped working in Sept but you could ask via chat. If that doesn't work, a quick port out and back in will solve it.

Sir Dosser wrote: »

Yep. Said message not recognised.

Also tried as existing customer before this drama.

Offer also said no opt in required.

JG009 wrote: »
    Yep. Said message not recognised.

Also tried as existing customer before this drama.

Offer also said no opt in required.

Have to switch for a few weeks then go back -by then the offer be gone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Zico ! wrote: »
    Have to switch for a few weeks then go back -by then the offer be gone

There's been a few above who switched over for a few hours and then switched back. Is there any reason this wouldn't work?

If you switch with pre pay credit do you keep it with new company?

Zico ! wrote: »
    If you switch with pre pay credit do you keep it with new company?

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭tanka006

Many thanks to all who posted om this thread.....

Signed up today for my wife in an Rir store - no problems was ported within 30 minutes - also rang customer service correct plan & price... all good

My help request is that i would like to setup a recurring payment plan instead of having to ring to top up

Is there anything automatic - either direct debit, credit card etc.

I cant find anything - as we could with 48 network?

Thank You

Tanka

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

tanka006 wrote: »
    Many thanks to all who posted om this thread.....

Signed up today for my wife in an Rir store - no problems was ported within 30 minutes - also rang customer service correct plan & price... all good

My help request is that i would like to setup a recurring payment plan instead of having to ring to top up

Is there anything automatic - either direct debit, credit card etc.

I cant find anything - as we could with 48 network?

Thank You

Tanka

Thought i read it in this thread that you can set up what you are looking for in the eir app.

Stand to be corrected, but worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

tiny timy wrote: »
    Thought i read it in this thread that you can set up what you are looking for in the eir app.

Stand to be corrected, but worth a look.

Just login to eir account and you can see it there and are able to automate ut.

Just to note this is a 28 day account. It is not monthly. Eir allow a 28 day setup to automate money going in as well as a monthly. Meteor didnt have that.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭tanka006

Thanks Guys,

In the end i called customer service & unlike yesterday I got a very helpful Guy - 5 mins all setup - took credit card details & it will automatically renew @ €20 every 28 days

Just if anyone has same request

Tanka

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭sibersha

Got signed up after porting over to Vodafone for a couple of hours.

If you want to set up a recurring payment you can do so in My Eir App - Top Up - Saved Numbers & Scheduled Top Ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭jamesd

Any one have issues activating imessage on an apple device ?
    I ported over this morning, topped up by €20 and got the text message to say I am on the new €20 deal.
    I then topped up by €5 more and I can see that in my balance online as its shows €5 but when I try to activate imessage I just get an error has occurred.

Sorted : Took a few goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

I just activated a Meteor SIM I've had for a few months. It goes to Eir now. Is it still possible to get Unlimited Texts, Calls and Data for €20? The Eir website suggests it's only 2 of the 3. Thanks!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I just activated a Meteor SIM I've had for a few months. It goes to Eir now. Is it still possible to get Unlimited Texts, Calls and Data for €20? The Eir website suggests it's only 2 of the 3. Thanks!

It does look like the offer has indeed finished, that’s a shame as it was a great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

If you have a porting offer SIM ( would have been written on the pack) then you should get the deal once topped up.

The roaming is now 8.2Gb in EU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭phester28

Has it ended for porting to eir. I asked in the store the other day and they said they had not been informed of any finish date and not to worry about it.

Advertisement