Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog bit delivery mans finger

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭nhunter100

percy212 wrote:
    NHunter is getting fierce worked up about everybody behaving themselves out in the world, and in here. Stressful being the guardian of all that is good and right!

Tut tut , not nice when you have to play the man instead of the ball.

DBB wrote:
    At least s/he's not back-seat moderating. Give it a rest please. Everyone is allowed have their say as long as they do so within charter and boards guidelines, without smart-arse comments like yours. Do not reply to this post on thread. Thanks, DBB

Apologies responded before I saw your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

What is it with dogs and their burning hatred for postmen and delivery drivers? I have a lovely Lab-sheepdog cross that is really chill and great with children. Great with everybody really, except the postman, she wants to tear him limb from limb and feast on his organs.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭farmerwifelet

Its because the postman is never invited in. He comes and he goes but not into the house - the dog interprets this as the postman being an unwanted visitor. you never bring them in therefore to the dog you do not want them there. It is dog logic, do you introduce your dog to the postman? do you invite him in? In my case the dog will bark at anyone who isn't invited in or introduced to her. If you give my dog a treat she will be your friend. She barks loudly but i know how to interpret "hello" and "who the heck is that?" but to lots of people it sounds the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

What is it with dogs and their burning hatred for postmen and delivery drivers? I have a lovely Lab-sheepdog cross that is really chill and great with children. Great with everybody really, except the postman, she wants to tear him limb from limb and feast on his organs.

My dog loves the postman that brings parcels because I'm always happy to see him and he rubs her :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭emeldc

nhunter100 wrote: »
    Well unless the OP gets the permission of his mate and the delivery driver data protection precludes him from showing it.

What? How does youtube exist. Has everyone in the videos given permission.

emeldc wrote:

You'll have to ask youtube that. I'm just pointing out data protection law. Since the OP couldn't be bothered putting up a warning sign about the dogs, I'd imagine a sign about CCTV footage was even further down his list of priorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

I agree. There is no way in hell people have given permission, but youtube likely takes the position that they are "hosting" clips for which others are responsible. Anyway, if someone put a cctv clip on youtube that contained a dog biting a postman's finger, I would LOVE to watch it. I doubt the the data commissioner would call to my house as a result.
    emeldc wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Well unless the OP gets the permission of his mate and the delivery driver data protection precludes him from showing it.

Op can record and show whatever he wants that occurs on his private property or in a public place.

Op can record and show whatever he wants that occurs on his private property or in a public place.

Data protection commissioner begs to differ with you. Not interested debating this any further.

• Advertisement

Data protection commissioner begs to differ with you. Not interested debating this any further.

Can you show where it is stated in law you make not record someone on your private property or in a public place?

Domestic properties are exempt from the act by the way.

Can you show where it is stated in law you make not record someone on your private property or in a public place?

The Data Protection Commissioner's website will answer your question. I'm engaging no further with this particular topic.

Domestic properties are exempt from the act by the way.

Certain use is exempt btw.

The Data Protection Commissioner's website will answer your question. I'm engaging no further with this particular topic.

Yeah, the site is pretty clear.

Domestic use of CCTV systems.

The processing of personal data kept by an individual and concerned solely with the management of his/her personal, family or household affairs or kept by an individual for recreational purposes is exempt from the provisions of the Acts.

Engage as much or as little as you choose, but from what I see you are incorrect. Even if you were correct all the OP needs to do is blur the delivery guys features.

The processing of personal data kept by an individual and concerned solely with the management of his/her personal, family or household affairs or kept by an individual for recreational purposes is exempt from the provisions of the Acts.

Read the rest of the piece it provides for an exclusion of what you are claiming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭BlinkingLights

It's actually a combination of things to do with territory protection and the fact that the postman is carrying items that have a lot of strange smells from different places and attempts to push these into the dog's territory.

Some dogs will shred letters and attack anything to do with the post office or courier companies.

Read the rest of the piece it provides for an exclusion of what you are claiming.

It states 'may', someone on private domestic property has no expectation of privacy.

Point stands about obfusticating identifying details.

It states 'may', someone on private domestic property has no expectation of privacy.

Last response to you, the driver was not on private property.

Last response to you, the driver was not on private property.

No where in the ops post does it state that. My property extends several meters out past my gate.

Op can also show obfusticating recordings of people in a public place, where you again do not have an expectation of privacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

OP, is there a reason for all these extreme security measures? CCTV on the house, concealed doorbell, dogs who are trained to be aggressive to visitors? Why the need for such extensive measures?

• Advertisement

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    OP, is there a reason for all these extreme security measures? CCTV on the house, concealed doorbell, dogs who are trained to be aggressive to visitors? Why the need for such extensive measures?

A lot of rural people are extremely concerned about potential burglaries. The measures the op has taken would be far from uncommon though hiding the doorbell is a new one on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

A lot of rural people are extremely concerned about potential burglaries. The measures the op has taken would be far from uncommon though hiding the doorbell is a new one on me.

I live in a rural area and it would be extremely uncommon for any normal, law abiding person to acquire such drastic measures to protect their property. The only houses I'd ever see kitted out like this would usually be doing so for specific reasons. People who don't want to be messed with or disturbed, if you catch my drift.

anna080 wrote: »
    I live in a rural area and it would be extremely uncommon for any law abiding person to acquire such drastic measures to protect their property. The only houses I'd ever see kitted out like this would usually be doing so for specific reasons. People who don't want to be messed with or disturbed, if you catch my drift.

CCTV is only for when you have something to hide, is that your drift? Bit bizarre to be honest.

A lot of the farms around here have CCTV. Webcams cost peanuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

CCTV is only for when you have something to hide, is that your drift? Bit bizarre to be honest.

A lot of the farms around here have CCTV. Webcams cost peanuts.

Nope. Nothing wrong with cctv. But cctv along with an electric fence, hidden door bell, vicious dogs trained to attack and no 'beware of dog' sign. Ya that's not normal.

anna080 wrote: »
    Nope. Nothing wrong with cctv. But cctv along with an electric fence, hidden door bell, vicious dogs trained to attack and no 'beware of dog' sign. Ya that's not normal.

I read it as one of those petsafe fence yokes, could be wrong though. I don't really see anything odd about having a guard dog and CCTV on a property though. The doorbell is weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Very weird post, - you nearly sound like someone has done an in-justice by you! A Delivery-man generally comes up to a person's Door. That's their thing. That's what they do. And I would nearly go so far as to say, a Delivery-man should be able to come to a house without having to deal with the potential angst of potentially getting bitten by a dog!! He'll prob. have to take time off work now, maybe get cosmetic surgery, plus I would imagine it was kind-of a traumatic thing and he'll have to deal with that now too it might make life difficult. I can't understand how you have CCTV and you don't have a Dog Sign/Placard?!? You mention high fences or walls, was he able to see where the dogs were at?

Anyway it's over with now. But I really hope that YOU offered him compensation before he left.

LMAO, I love the way these threads go. 'Cosmetic Surgery' FFS.

LMAO, I love the way these threads go. 'Cosmetic Surgery' FFS.

If the damage to his hand was bad enough, he would need reconstructive surgery which would be for cosmetic purposes. No one is suggesting the delivery man is getting Botox or a boob job.

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    If the damage to his hand was bad enough, he would need reconstructive surgery which would be for cosmetic purposes. No one is suggesting the delivery man is getting Botox or a boob job.

Ah right, so it's reconstructive surgery now. Why not exaggerate the whole hog and say the delivery man might get gangrene and need to have his finger amputated at the elbow. None of you were there, why speculate on what the injury was. I never heard such nonesense.

• Advertisement

Ah right, so it's reconstructive surgery now. Why not exaggerate the whole hog and say the delivery man might get gangrene and need to have his finger amputated at the elbow. None of you were there, why speculate on what the injury was. I never heard such nonesense.

It isn't exactly the most ludicrous thing in the world to suggest someone may need surgery after being bitten by a vicious aggressive dog.

And I'm not speculating anything, I simply explained the meaning of cosmetic surgery to you because you clearly thought the other poster was implying the delivery man was getting Botox or something.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement