Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread from 14th March 2017

Options
1343344345346347349»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,637 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

On another note, these hostels should have proper and heavy handed security.
    No drugs. No nothing. It's the sjws who seem to back these people taking the hostels at the expense of other homeless.

I remember some guy claiming they prefer to sleep on the street due to not wanting being watched or something. Nonsense.

They should be safe.

In fact, the likes of McVerry should be insisting on safe hostels and strong security, but of course won't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,637 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

Are you sure that's her?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Thanks for explaining the point. I think it is a poor use of anyone's time to listen to low quality radio programmes presented by stupid ignorant short tempered hosts, but each to their own.

We need a 'support' group or, at the very least, a Facebuke page for Lavhline listeners. It's a disgrace Joe...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,007 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Aine is the worst person to have anything to do with homeless people.
    She will go on to the next person and if things go wrong it will be
    blamed on the homeless person.

Would it have been the same if it was a male homeless person.?

• Advertisement

On another note, these hostels should have proper and heavy handed security.
    No drugs. No nothing. It's the sjws who seem to back these people taking the hostels at the expense of other homeless.

I remember some guy claiming they prefer to sleep on the street due to not wanting being watched or something. Nonsense.
    Ok as much as I hated the attitude of Aine I'm going do pull an Aine here.

I've worked in a few Dublin homeless hostels in a voluntary capacity, in so called 'chaotic' hostels (which is code for widespread addiction and mental illnesses) and a 'settled' hostel, for those ready to move on to private rental or council housing.

In the two chaotic hostels, there was serious security. You could bring needles and drugs in your bag so long as they were stored in a locker controlled by the two security staff, but never on your person. Residents were scanned by security staff for metals e.g. needles or foil.

But these items were invariablys muggled in. I was a case worker and was warned never to take my shoes off because of the risk of walking on a needle, which I often came across, despite the security scanning. There was even a sharps bin (for needles) in the washrooms!

People will always find a way to smuggle illicit items into hostels and, frankly, it is naive to believe that a majority of these misfortunate people don't suffer from serious addiction and mental health issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Aine is the worst person to have anything to do with homeless people.
    She will go on to the next person and if things go wrong it will be
    blamed on the homeless person.

Would it have been the same if it was a male homeless person.?

Depends what services in lieu he was offering maybe? ;)

Poor Aine The Hero sounded like she needed a good ride to release some of that built up anger.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,987 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Depends what services in lieu he was offering maybe? ;)

Poor Aine The Hero sounded like she needed a good ride to release some of that built up anger.

Actually, back in Old God's time, she would probably qualify for an exorcism :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

They are playing Aine on the ad for liveline...

"That woman has been sleeping on a bench for like, two yaaarrss."
    :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

But beds before business.... Doesn't that mean as soon as she signs the lease shell have 7000 people sleeping there at night?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

This thread has gone over the 10,000 post limit, new thread here

www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057742754

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement