Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just had a bit of a barney with a neighbour

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

pablo128 wrote: »
    Yeah, posh people from private estates are saints. Sure what harm could your typical architect from Foxrock do.

Such people more likely to be subtly bad and put on a socially acceptable facade. Most houses that are torched for example, aren't in that kind of place.
    At the same time it is a bit of a leap to make and a bit of stereotyping. There are a lot of council estates and plenty of decent, houseproud, friendly people in team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Such people more likely to be subtly bad and put on a socially acceptable facade. Most houses that are torched for example, aren't in that kind of place.
    At the same time it is a bit of a leap to make and a bit of stereotyping. There are a lot of council estates and plenty of decent, houseproud, friendly people in team.

Yep. The gas thing is I grew up in a so called bad area in Clondalkin. Never any serious problems, at times through the years there were up to 7 cars at the house and none were ever touched or broken into.

Not this kip i'm in now in Tallaght though. Some of the children around here are wild and revel in annoying people for no reason.

And I'm not knocking all of Tallaght. I'd happily buy a house at the other end of Tallaght if I could get a mortgage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

pablo128 wrote: »
    Yep. The gas thing is I grew up in a so called bad area in Clondalkin. Never any serious problems, at times through the years there were up to 7 cars at the house and none were ever touched or broken into.

Not this kip i'm in now in Tallaght though. Some of the children around here are wild and revel in annoying people for no reason.

And I'm not knocking all of Tallaght. I'd happily buy a house at the other end of Tallaght if I could get a mortgage.

It's funny how two estates or areas even within walking distance of each other can have a completely different atmosphere. Maybe it only takes one person or family to spoil a place.

In relation to the OP, I think what some posters aren't understanding is that there's a lower threshold for invasions of space in estates, since people just don't have as much to start with, and it's a bit of a fragile balance between getting on with people and getting on top of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭kittensmittens

It's funny how two estates or areas even within walking distance of each other can have a completely different atmosphere. Maybe it only takes one person or family to spoil a place.

In relation to the OP, I think what some posters aren't understanding is that there's a lower threshold for invasions of space in estates, since people just don't have as much to start with, and it's a bit of a fragile balance between getting on with people and getting on top of them.

Thats absolutely true!
    One end of my ROAD was grand, the other...Beirut hadn't a patch :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

anewme wrote: »
    its the naieviety that shocks me.

The condescending attitudes are a bit hard to take as well.

Maybe those Country Bumpkins who pity those having to live in a housing estate and dont mind people looking in their windows need a bit of a reality check. Rural crime is a huge issue, how many old people have been burgled and murdered in their own home. So crime does not just exist in housing estates.

I certainly dont have a background in law, but have first class degree in being streetwise, ie basic cop on.

Old west Dublin proverb: People looking in windows up to no good!

So no the kids were criminals were they?

As a so called Country Bumpkin from Tallaght I've lived both sides of the coin, neither better than the other tbh but I've NEVER told a child to "**** off" and never intend to.

If a degree in cop on leads you to believe that kids are up to no good then I'm glad I didn't get that one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement